My OPINION: Stephen A. Smith is good if not dare I say GREAT for the sport!!!

Smith should have to wear a clown suit on the air...it would match the quality of his commentary and 'analysis'.

The man is just leeching

He's the baggage that comes with "mainstream exposure."

Gets inserted into every ESPN broadcast, even if he doesn't know anything about the sport, because he's part of the network's "brand."

But he’ll go if ESPN tells him to. Just like this time.
And he'll say some dumb shit again with the little time he has in order to draw attention to himself and his accounts again.

Just like a leech.

I'm sorry but did he actually say the it "affected the integrity of the sport"? Honestly if Conor gets a titleshot from this win it only further brings down the bit of integrity involved.

Not that I would be all that shocked if he does get one. Even in so called "real sports" like NBA basketball, money rules supreme.
Yea I'm not exactly sure what Stephen A said, but I think it was a long the lines of Cerrone being bad for the sport IIRC?

And he'll say some dumb shit again with the little time he has in order to draw attention to himself and his accounts again.

Just like a leech.

He’s there because he’s told to be. He’s not leeching anything he has his platform already. He’s not ‘leeching’ anything.

Yes I said it. And I stand by it. I challenge ANYONE who says otherwise. He's entertaining and has a proven track record. The only downside is his lack of overall MMA knowledge but that goes for most viewers of the sport. And most don't view the sport all that much.

A fan like myself only wants to see growth for MMA and our athletes. I think Smith only helps our transition into the mainstream. I know there are a few "O.G" fans who wanna keep the sport to themselves but really I question your fanhood.

Besides we are the same fans who have been for years dealing with the often beyond ridiculous quotes and commentary of Joe Rogan, Mike Goldberg, and not to mention our great Uncle Dana Fuckin White!! People bitchin about Stephen A. really need to pull their skirts down because we have heard a lot more blasphemous bullshit from our regular crew.

Truth!!

So if an up and coming star happens to get an early KO loss and Steve A tarnished them with the Quitter tag and the whole casual fan base sees them as a quitter that’s good?
Ok bro

Stephen A has said worse things about real actual athletes and y’all upset he called out Donald Cerrone?
<Waaah>

The sport doesn't need some loud mouthed basketball chump who doesn't know how to fight babbling on about something he doesn't know.

So if an up and coming star happens to get an early KO loss and Steve A tarnished them with the Quitter tag and the whole casual fan base sees them as a quitter that’s good?
Ok bro
Lol how long have you been following the sport??? Casuals are gonna believe what they choose. Most of the sport called "hardcore" fans are even worse.

Besides Joe Rogan is responsible for pumping more bullshit into the minds of "casuals" and "hsrdcores" than anything.

Stephen A.'a opinions are usually a hot take. But that's it. It isn't law and you can't control ignorance of the masses.

Besides your situation you described is completely made up and circumstantial.

Funny how Smith was the one who made the most sense after the fight.

He challenged and damn near intimidated Rogan..not on a physical level but on a broadcasting level

The biggest problem with Stephen A was that most of the “facts” he was spewing were wrong. Cowboy has never been on a ppv, he has never been in a big fight, and cowboy quit... all wrong

I’m pretty sure that Cowboy agreed with what Stephen A Smith said as much as anyone. Rogan is Dana’s puppet, I don’t need Joe’s (UFC spin) opinion because I know what he’s going to say. Stephen A is a breath of fresh air and will at least say something unexpected.
Yeah ats what i said with Shims and he said it to the blankets and knowed the throat ain't a roast

Back