My odd prediction for ngannou vs gane

How about Ganu explodes for 45 seconds and goes for broke in the 1st, then is easy target for Gane?

TS is wrong. Lols at Frank gassing due to Stipe punching him in the face. Francis went blitz mode for a round and a half and sometimes you just cant recover from this. He learnt and walked forward throwing bombs against Stipe in the second fight. He will do the same again. Essentially walk forward and when the chance presents blitz for 3-4 strikes, then recover. I think he will have a gas tank for 3-4 rounds. If the fight goes past this its all Gane.
Stipe hurt Francis. Watch the fight again. It wasn't enough to knock him out, but you can clearly see Francis getting taken down a peg in the 2nd round after eating multiple clean shots. Stipe is a lean 6'4" 240lbs and natural. He's a big guy with good technique. His jabs and body shots are enough to break most fighters. DC said that Stipe's jab is the hardest he had felt in MMA. He said in an interview that Rumble hit him the hardest but that Stipe is the hardest puncher he ever faced by a wide margin.

Stipe hurt Francis. Watch the fight again. It wasn't enough to knock him out, but you can clearly see Francis getting taken down a peg in the 2nd round after eating multiple clean shots. Stipe is a lean 6'4" 240lbs and natural. He's a big guy with good technique. His jabs and body shots are enough to break most fighters. DC said that Stipe's jab is the hardest he had felt in MMA. He said in an interview that Rumble hit him the hardest but that Stipe is the hardest puncher he ever faced by a wide margin.
Stipe was on a series of 4 first round KOs in a row plus a one late KO of Mark Hunt. He is definitely up there in punching power, but the way Ngannou ate them was quite impressive.
It's like he can be hurt, but that doesn't affect his willingness to take your head off.

Stipe was on a series of 4 first round KOs in a row plus a one late KO of Mark Hunt. He is definitely up there in punching power, but the way Ngannou ate them was quite impressive.
It's like he can be hurt, but that doesn't affect his willingness to take your head off.
I think Francis ate punches that would have rocked most fighters. We confuse this with him gassing. He's got a hell of a chin is what's really going on.

Franny Nganny doesn't have the tools or cardio to dominate a decision, imo.

Fucking hell, that's probably the least likely outcome. Gane either wins a boring, but effective decision and looks slick doing it, or he finishes Ngannou in the 4th or 5th.

In case anyone was wondering what the odds on a Ngannou decision were lol :D

Screenshot_20220113-093007_Chrome.jpg

I don't think it's possible for Francis to "dominate" and for the opponent to remain conscious for 5 rounds.

Francis was done by the second round. His blitz mode failed and he pretty much had no gas for anything. The fact that Stipe could tee off on him for 3-4 rounds and didnt hurt him says it all. Stipe even looked more busted up at the end of the fight.

Gane will beat Ngannou once he gasses. It'll be by tko. Gane's too smart to make it a dog fight. he'll methodically wear Ngannou down and then beat him in the later rounds once Ngannou tires out.

I think it's going to be a decision, and I think Francis is going to completely dominate.
Gane looks to have all the tools to outclass Francis outside of a devastating KO, which odds-makers are betting on. However, I don't think it's going to go down anything like expected. Most seem to think it will be a more polished striker with superior cardio (Gane) taking on what may be the most powerful puncher in the history of the sport.

I think Gane isn't going to be aggressive enough. I feel like he's going to have too much respect for Ngannou's power from their sparring sessions, and he's going to try and fight Ngannou with footwork, angles, and distance. As a result, we're going to find out that Ngannou's shit cardio is a myth and was really the result of Stipe punching him in the mouth and wrestlefucking him. I think we're going to watch Francis walk Gane down all night and win exchange after exchange. Gane's tentative approach will prevent him from getting clobbered, but he's going to eat a bunch of punches from an inferior striker because of his fear to commit. It will be no different than when Khabib outclassed dynamic strikers because of the take down threat, but the threat in this scenario will be Ngannou's punching power.

I could see Gane turning it up late when he's down, but it will be too late. Francis wins at least 4 rounds IMO.
The rematch will be incredible, as Gane will come back a different fighter and ready to go after Francis. Mark my words, Gane isn't going to show up for this fight. He's going to look like Francis did against beast.
congrats but, AV?

Back