My goat criteria

Since Conor last lost 6 years ago he has only lost 1 round against Mendes in a fight that GSP , Jones and the rest would never have even have taken under the circumstances that Conor went through to make it to the fight .
Finishing everyone in devastating fashion along the way .
He just KO'd the pound for pound number one with one punch and then went straight after a dominant champ from the weight class above for his very next fight who he also would have KO'd ( RDA knew this and got himself out of the fight )

He is already in the running for GOAT , beating RDA would have put him top 2 and if he beats Lawler it's cemented .

Top 2 with 5 top 10 wins and no title defenses? Quit dreaming.

You can't compare that to a guy like GSP who has 17 top 10 wins and 9 title defenses. Or to Anderson who has 16 top 10 wins and 13 title defenses. Or Jones with 8 top 10 wins and 8 title defenses.

GIATs don't just soon a few big fights... Or even a few titles. No, GOATs reign for extended periods of time.

I'm a huge fan of both Georges and Bones. The thing is, right now it has to be GSP slightly over Bones because Bones has an incomplete career. This doesn't take anything away from Bones though. His career thus far reads like a fairytale. Youngest champion in history, defeated 5 former champions consecutively (Something that will not be likely repeated in your lifetime), is widely considered undefeated, is 9-0 in title fights. His career by age 28 is just sick.

GSP on the other hand finished out 25-2, beating every opponent he ever faced, unlike Anderson and Fedor. GSP also beat as many "Top 5" fighters as Anderson and Fedor COMBINED. GSP had 9 consecutive title defensives, winning his last 10 title fights consecutively. He won 33 consecutive rounds, the UFC record. He also won 19 times in the Octagon, also the UFC record, he also holds the record for most take downs in UFC history, as well as most guard passes in UFC history. He left as champion. GSP's career is about as perfect as one can be. Same for Bones, but as I said, his is still incomplete.

Those two guys are two of the best ever seen.

Since Conor last lost 6 years ago he has only lost 1 round against Mendes in a fight that GSP , Jones and the rest would never have even have taken under the circumstances that Conor went through to make it to the fight .
Finishing everyone in devastating fashion along the way .
He just KO'd the pound for pound number one with one punch and then went straight after a dominant champ from the weight class above for his very next fight who he also would have KO'd ( RDA knew this and got himself out of the fight )

He is already in the running for GOAT , beating RDA would have put him top 2 and if he beats Lawler it's cemented .

GOATS reach that status by having long title reigns. The 4 accepted GOATS all did, GSP, Fedor, Anderson, and Bones. BJ Penn won belts in multiple divisions, so did Dan Henderson, the only man in Pride to ever do it, so did Randy Couture. Never at any time did it place them in GOAT status any more than it will McGregor. It simply will not and you will be dissappointed when you finally realize it. The ONLY thing that puts fighters with that group of 4 is title defenses, more and more title defenses. Winning a belt in another division is not something new, I listed 3 guys for you that won multiple belts in different weight classes, it did not propel any of them to the status of GSP, Bones, Fedor, or Anderson and it will not with McGregor who still has 0 defenses.

Here are some facts. The average man doesn't fall between LW and WW. Asia alone makes up 60% of the worlds population. Asian men in general tend to be shorter than western men. Despite Asia being a much larger population worldwide, there aren't a lot of asian fighters in the UFC. How is this possible when there is a much larger pool? Based on your logic, there should be more asian fighters in the UFC since there are more to choose from.

There is a rebuttal for ya. Your previous post still makes you look like an idiot.

I mean, the deepest pool is going to be the one with the best fighters who happen to be there. I mean, even if the lightheavyweight division was the thinnest world wide, if it's the deepest in the UFC, then it's the deepest UFC, because it would be the deepest pool made of the fighters who happen to be in the UFC.

The deepest division in the UFC could be lightweight for example, but Bellator's best division could be middleweight.

I mean, the deepest pool is going to be the one with the best fighters who happen to be there. I mean, even if the lightheavyweight division was the thinnest world wide, if it's the deepest in the UFC, then it's the deepest UFC, because it would be the deepest pool made of the fighters who happen to be in the UFC.

The deepest division in the UFC could be lightweight for example, but Bellator's best division could be middleweight.

Agreed. It is dependent upon the fighters at the time, not the average size of men in the world.

Top 2 with 5 top 10 wins and no title defenses? Quit dreaming.

You can't compare that to a guy like GSP who has 17 top 10 wins and 9 title defenses. Or to Anderson who has 16 top 10 wins and 13 title defenses. Or Jones with 8 top 10 wins and 8 title defenses.

GIATs don't just soon a few big fights... Or even a few titles. No, GOATs reign for extended periods of time.

I don't agree , look at Aldo .Many considered him the GOAT ( not as many people since Conor put him away)
Just because he was unbeaten for 10 years and was king of a division , he had mostly decisions I dont think that is more impressive than a guy like Conor coming in and knocking everyone out and saying all along he would KO the king and then going and doing it the way he did it . Then going up and fighting for a title against a monster like RDA ? I mean come on if he had if beat RDA that alone would have put him way ahead of Aldo . Then if he went up again and beat Robbie Lawlor you think that is less impressive then staying a few years in one division fighting mostly guys you know you are going to beat . Conor is well on his way to being the GOAT and he doesn't need to stay at featherweight for 10 years beating Guys like Homnick and KenFlo to be the be considered the GOAT , he said he wants to get in win all he belts and get out rich and he would have had two belts already by March 5th before RDA pulled .

I don't agree , look at Aldo .Many considered him the GOAT ( not as many people since Conor put him away)
Just because he was unbeaten for 10 years and was king of a division , he had mostly decisions I dont think that is more impressive than a guy like Conor coming in and knocking everyone out and saying all along he would KO the king and then going and doing it the way he did it . Then going up and fighting for a title against a monster like RDA ? I mean come on if he had if beat RDA that alone would have put him way ahead of Aldo . Then if he went up again and beat Robbie Lawlor you think that is less impressive then staying a few years in one division fighting mostly guys you know you are going to beat . Conor is well on his way to being the GOAT and he doesn't need to stay at featherweight for 10 years beating Guys like Homnick and KenFlo to be the be considered the GOAT , he said he wants to get in win all he belts and get out rich and he would have had two belts already by March 5th before RDA pulled .

You're talking about literally two big wins lol. A man doesn't get to call himself the Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time because he beat Jose Aldo and RDA. You have to reign and dominate MMA for a significant period of time...not just have a nice hot streak.

Conor needs to defend his FW belt. If he wants to go for the LW belt thats great. But if he wins it he needs to defend it several times to become a GOAT.

You're talking about literally two big wins lol. A man doesn't get to call himself the Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time because he beat Jose Aldo and RDA. You have to reign and dominate MMA for a significant period of time...not just have a nice hot streak.

Conor needs to defend his FW belt. If he wants to go for the LW belt thats great. But if he wins it he needs to defend it several times to become a GOAT.
True I beleive hes on that path..and quicker by his style.One has to consider 3 different diviosns doesn't exactly need title defenses...my prediction is he stays at 170.

If you think that then Aldo shouldn't be in your list.

He is boring as fuck. He also gassed in lots of fights. Has only 1 legit finish in 8 fights. Of course he was great in WEC but against less competition.

Aldo is top 20 though.
Aldo was unbeaten for ten years and defended his title numerous times

Gsp lack of finishes is the reason I don't have him as goat ppl weren't afraid to fight him like they were with fedor and Anderson I do however think it will be jones when it's all said and done

Back