My conditioning routine for sub grappling rounds

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ShadowNINku, Sep 19, 2005.

1. ShadowNINku

ShadowNINku SANDBAGGER BELT

monday-bjj

tuesday-
    3 rounds of nonstop moderately high intensity rounds of hitting bags,pushups, bounders,burpees,shadowboxing,sprawls
    each round 2 minutes long with 4 minutes rest in between

wed- cardio, then bjj

thursday-same as tuesday

I was pretty burnt out with the tuesday workout even with the 4 minutes rest, I gave myself that much rest in oredr to be able to go all out dueing the sprint phase I will be bringing up my work time up to 3 when I feel ready and eventually hit 4

thoughts.....???

this is my training for submission grappling each round being 4 minutes of pretty intesnse work , my cardio is good for distance but needs help in the short burst for prolonged periods of time department

I used to do HIIT sprints but for a 4 minute round, that would not really help

how would this this type of routine look with weights mixed in

2. Duncon76

Duncon76 Blue Belt

Add a sandbag into the mix. Either do exercises with it or sprints/walks with it along with the other stuff. Get yourself a rope to.to climb :))). Kettlebells or clubbells would help even better, just some thoughts:))))

3. ShadowNINku

ShadowNINku SANDBAGGER BELT