My boy Oliviera getting slept on. Why is Chandler getting more attention than him?

It’s really a disgrace at this point
{<jimmies}

The most wins by submission in UFC history really needs to be emphasized.

Oliveira has 14 wins by submission in the UFC, and that doesn't include the submission victory in his first fight against Nik Lentz that was overturned several days after the fact due to an illegal knee.

Maia trails him significantly with 11 wins by submission and he is about to retire. The long-retired Royce Gracie is 3rd place with 10. Nobody else in UFC history has more than 8.

Oliveira just turned 31 a couple weeks ago. Barring a career-altering injury, he's a good bet to rack up 20 submissions in the UFC. To put this in perspective, the record for just wins in the UFC is 23. If Oliveira really keeps rolling, he might end up with more wins by submission than anyone else has wins in general.

He got more losses than wins on his winsstreak
So you are suggesting that means he doesns't deserve to be in title contention?
Chael had 10 losses and was only on a 3 fight win streak when he got the nod to face silva. He dominated silva for 4.5 rounds before the sub.

I don't think Olivera beats anyone in the top 5 but he's earned his shot to prove it. Plus he's fought 7 times in 2.5 years. You take losses when you are that active. I can't think of a single fighter who fought 3x or more per year and didn't take losses on the regular. That's the nature of testing yourself that often, statistically it is much harder to be perfect.

Activity should be rewarded. Winning should be rewarded. The rankings need objectivity.

Not a titleshot but he should atleast be in the picture. Division is wide open anyways.

He is talked about a lot and is right near contender status, but not pushed like crazy cause we all seen him fold so many times and besides Kevin Lee has no big wins in his current streak. He pulled out a month ago vs Dariush who is on a nice 5 fight win streak including tapping out the surging Drew Dober, so that would have been a nice push if he got that W. He's just lacking big wins and we seen him fold a lot so he's kinda on the back burner till he fully establishes himself as a full blown contender. Idk, it all seems pretty simple to me =/ That stupid stats picture doesn't make him anymore worthy of a title shot lol. I personally love the guy, super entertaining and seems to really be coming into his own and I think he's right there and I want to see big things happen for him, I can just also clearly see why he's in the position he's in right now.

Also, UFC is going to spin Chandler stuff however and according to a lot of Sherdog UFC fighters suck compared to "other fighters that would be champions easy in the UFC" lol so there's that dumb angle.

Problem is his biggest win is Kevin Lee. He's beaten good fighters in that streak, but what gets attention is a big win over a big name. If he beats Ferguson, Gaethje or Conor for example than he'll get some attention.

I think it’s just that they signed him for a reasonable sum so they’re hyping him for a top ten/five fight and trying to legitimise why?

Oliveira vs Gaethje should be next.

As impressive as a 7-fight winning streak is, his biggest win is Kevin Lee, who isn't that great.

Why should he get a title shot without fighting anybody in the top 5?
I thought his win over blue chip fighter will brooks and Jim Miller were very respectable wins.

I think Oliveira matches up very well with Chandler. His dangerous bottom game allows him to throw freely. He landed some great wild and unorthodox power shots on Kevin Lee and kept his composure when he got taken down, which is something he used to struggle with in the past.

He should welcome Chandler to the UFC

That wouldn't be a bad fight, but I really want to see Tony vs Chandler. Maybe Chandler beats Oliveira and goes on to fight Tony?

Been one of my fav fighters for a couple years now. Dangerous everywhere, can beat anyone any given night, HL reel finishes.

Everyone he has lost to (3 plus years ago) were very good to world class. He seems to have continued improving but for the most part his opposition has been lower tier. Time for a top 3 to 5 guy and then a title eliminator .

Hoping he keeps tearing it up
No. A top 5 win earns him a shot period.

His performance is much better now. I think he deserves a fight with Tony or Justin, same place as Michael Chandler.

So, he hasn't been fighting top guys recently. But why? Is the UFC not matching him up with higher ranked opponents?

He should fight a top 5 next and if he wins ts... I want him to fight Tony, that would be a great fight

He typically folds if you push him back.

Felder smashed him pretty badly.

I think he is like a top 10 guy, but will lose to the top 6 or 7 guys.

Have patience- everything , eventually, comes out in the wash ( except the mousasi sitch a few years back) and as long as khabib not returning , do bronx has evolved as much as I've seen anyone over past 2.5 -3 years. He , Conor or Dustin will emerge as champ ...... Islam a wild card, he RUNS through RDA - then we can throw him into mix.

He has a forgettable demenour, similar to Assuncao. The moment they get a high profile fight, they lose by ko/tko.

To be fair it's because every time Oliveria goes on a tear and gets close to the title picture he loses. I've always enjoyed watching him fight because he's a fighter who will either go all out for the finish or go out on his shield. Dude is always entertaining to say the least but unfortunately he seems to be a glass cannon. I'm hoping he proves me wrong against Chandler

Back