My boy Oliviera getting slept on. Why is Chandler getting more attention than him?

I'm a fan of Oliviera, but let's all be honest - the guy cracks a under pressure. He quit against Holloway (to be fair, I don't know how bad his esophagus injury was) and folded like a lawn chair against Felder. He also didn't put up much of a fight against Cerrone, and it looked like he folded as soon as he was clocked. I won't get into his susceptibility with submissions, despite being a very good choke artist himself.

With his propensity to kind of fade and quit when he takes a big shot (he tapped to the first GnP elbow from Felder), I just can't see how he survives against the tough, elite sluggers that make up the top five in LW, like Poirier, Gaijthe, Hooker and McGregor. His chances with Khabib are too obvious to bother commenting on.

That wouldn't be a bad fight, but I really want to see Tony vs Chandler. Maybe Chandler beats Oliveira and goes on to fight Tony?
Tony vs Chandler would be a good fight. I want Tony to fight for the title regardless of who he faces.

He deserves a shot.

Next lw champ. If there where mma awards hed be the most improved fighter of the year.

Good comeback by Charles. I remember when Cerrone whooped him 10 years ago.

Although I agree Oliveira's names on his streak aren't great, why should Chandler get a higher ranked opponent. His best win was Eddie Alvarez a decade ago and got knocked out by a FW last year.

Chandler was a champion in what is probably the second biggest promotion, and as an unknown in the UFC it’s interesting to see what he can do here. I like Oliveira and want to see him get a big fight too, but he tapped to strikes to Paul Felder.

Chandler was a champion in what is probably the second biggest promotion, and as an unknown in the UFC it’s interesting to see what he can do here. I like Oliveira and want to see him get a big fight too, but he tapped to strikes to Paul Felder.
Just because he was champ in another organization shouldn't mean he gets to fight the ufc's absolute best right away, especially seeing that he hasn't beat anybody good recently and got knocked out by a FW a year ago. Dariush is more than fair enough as an opponent.

I still disagree, he hasn't fought a single top 5 opponent.

He should fight anybody from the top 5, then I would be more than happy with seeing Oliviera getting a title shot.

Book Do Bronx vs. Hooker. Poirier and Gaethje do bad things to him; not sure if Ferguson beats him.

I'd favor Do Bronx over Hooker. I can't picture Hooker getting a sub on him, and I think Oliveira probably hits harder. I can't picture him beating Gaethje, Ferguson, and Poirier. The UFC would NEVER let him fight McGregor, but if he did, I think it'd be 50/50 on his chances.

Just because he was champ in another organization shouldn't mean he gets to fight the ufc's absolute best right away, especially seeing that he hasn't beat anybody good recently and got knocked out by a FW a year ago. Dariush is more than fair enough as an opponent.

I would have no problem with Dariush as his first opponent. If I could only see Oliveira or Chandler face a top five opponent it would probably be Oliveira. But this isn’t Oliveira’s first time looking good in the UFC. Chandler is new, so it’s interesting to see how he will translate. We’ll see who they give him and how he does.

Love Charlie but he needs more ranked wins. Any of the top 5 and he'd be top of the queue

As impressive as a 7-fight winning streak is, his biggest win is Kevin Lee, who isn't that great.

Why should he get a title shot without fighting anybody in the top 5?

He shouldn't get a shot but he should be included in any LW tournament that people are suggesting.

I'm a fan of Oliviera, but let's all be honest - the guy cracks a under pressure. He quit against Holloway (to be fair, I don't know how bad his esophagus injury was) and folded like a lawn chair against Felder. He also didn't put up much of a fight against Cerrone, and it looked like he folded as soon as he was clocked. I won't get into his susceptibility with submissions, despite being a very good choke artist himself.

Don't forget the Cub fight

Cub+Swanson+Knockouts+Charles+Oliveira+UFC+152.gif

He's a quitter through and through. Chandler displays more heart against Eddie than Aloe did his entire career. I'm never taking him seriously as a title threat. He's folded too many times. I'll have to see it to believe it

I don't think anything came out as far as medicals for the phantom esophagus injury either

Don't forget the Cub fight

Cub+Swanson+Knockouts+Charles+Oliveira+UFC+152.gif

He's a quitter through and through. Chandler displays more heart against Eddie than Aloe did his entire career. I'm never taking him seriously as a title threat. He's folded too many times. I'll have to see it to believe it

I don't think anything came out as far as medicals for the phantom esophagus injury either
Yeah, good work - I forgot about that one. When you fold that many times, over that many years, and crack against every big name opponent...a title shot just seems like a waste of time.

As impressive as a 7-fight winning streak is, his biggest win is Kevin Lee, who isn't that great.

Why should Chandler

Make Do Bronx vs Hooker.
I dont get what people have in Chandler anyway. That guy wasnt even the top dog in Bellator anymore. Feed him to Felder or Diego.

Chandler is currently on a 2 fight win streak after being ko'd by a featherweight. His best win on that 2 fight streak is a completely washed Benson Henderson, the other guy isn't even top 50.

Do Bronx>Chandler

CHandler wasnt even the best LW in Bellator. What makes you believe he can achieve anything more than top 10 in one of the most stacked divisions? Let alone fighting for the title in short time.
Let him fight Felder or Diego to prove himself, then we can see how he performs.

Back