• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My big stupid hype trains thread.

Only reason I see is the turnaround due to the fact he just fought, but still, Hadley showed that missing weight won't cost you a contract if you get a finish so it's better that than taking on a much bigger guy at a weight class you shouldn't be in.

Other guy did take a fight at 135 in his pro debut, and sherdog has him listed at 135 as well, but yeah, damn near 6'0 at 135 is rare even to this day.

Yeah, McMillen made his pro debut at 135 when he was 21 and then didn't fight again for almost 4 years which is crazy...The fuck. Regardless, I've worried Bashi will hit a wall at 135 eventually because he is a lot smaller than guys like Umar, Yan, Sandhagen, Omalley etc. He looks about 5'4?

Yeah, McMillen made his pro debut at 135 when he was 21 and then didn't fight again for almost 4 years which is crazy...The fuck. Regardless, I've worried Bashi will hit a wall at 135 eventually because he is a lot smaller than guys like Umar, Yan, Sandhagen, Omalley etc. He looks about 5'4?
5'3 according to tap.

5'3 according to tap.

Yeah but Tap heights and stuff are horribly inaccurate, they listed one of his opponents here at 5'8 and they look a similar height...so who knows.

Attachments

• images (11).jpeg
    images (11).jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 0
Yeah but Tap heights and stuff are horribly inaccurate, they listed one of his opponents here at 5'8 and they look a similar height...so who knows.
MMA heights as a whole are a crapshoot.

Eye test is the eye test but he doesn't look taller than 5'5 to me.
He's probably in that 5'4 range yeah, every picture I've seen him in haa him getting dwarfed by men and women alike.

Gotta get Deron Winn in there for a comparison.

Yeah seems like Combate are having some issues, wonder if they'll look at Maritza and Amaya too.
Amaya just fought on their last event.

There's a few others who were under contract with them that got released and have been signed to other promotions like LUX.

Bilal Hasan is such a fun fighter to watch, and he's a devastating finisher. He just wrecked the very solid Shamel Findley.

Bilal Hasan is such a fun fighter to watch, and he's a devastating finisher. He just wrecked the very solid Shamel Findley.
Time to get on this kids hypetrain, Jeka embarassed himself once again last UFC card.

I might be jumping the gun but here's someone to add to your list Damien Anderson he just made his pro debut this month at Fury Challenger Series in Texas at 145 won via T/KO in the first but he's an ADCC US trials medalist at 66KG and is making the switch to focus on MMA 26 years old. Figures to drop to 135 in the future.

Below is a vid of him doing a round w Song Yadong. He's someone I expect see on the contenders series in the next 2 years. Hop on the train early

Here's the finish in his pro debut

Update on Damien Anderson he’s had trouble getting fights lately but he won tonight by 2nd round RNC on the Fury card against an 0-0 guy who was 5-0 in pro boxing. He’s got another fight coming up in August.

He looked good in the first where he outstruck the dude before taking him down in the 2nd and RNCing him. If he can stay active I see him getting on the contender series in 2026

Time to get on this kids hypetrain, Jeka embarassed himself once again last UFC card.

You realize comparing Hasan to Jeka is silly right? Hasan to my knowledge was born in the US, went to school in the US, competed and won gold in Tae kwon Do at the Pan Ams for the US, trains at two different US gyms, one at AMC with Hume and Mighty Mouse...and has been since highschool.

Indonesia has no foundation for MMA, they have little to no decent MMA gyms, little to no access to wrestling, they have a HORRIBLE regional scene etc. So Indonesians will fail at MMA for a while, and it will take generations and serious investment and interest to yield any consistently decent talent even at a low level beyond South East Asian regional MMA.

You realize comparing Hasan to Jeka is silly right? Hasan to my knowledge was born in the US, went to school in the US, competed and won gold in Tae kwon Do at the Pan Ams for the US, trains at two different US gyms, one at AMC with Hume and Mighty Mouse...and has been since highschool.

Indonesia has no foundation for MMA, they have little to no decent MMA gyms, little to no access to wrestling, they have a HORRIBLE regional scene etc. So Indonesians will fail at MMA for a while, and it will take generations and serious investment and interest to yield any consistently decent talent even at a low level beyond South East Asian regional MMA.
Breh, 99% of my family is indonesian and lives in a jungle where phones dont work and I have written extensively on here that I am suprised Jeka even had a gym in fucking Sumatra where my cousins usually work as Truck drivers.

Jeka embarassed himself not because of his lack of skill but his lack of thinking. He has enough power to knock out someone liek that winston guy. He just rushes in and does dumb shit, watch his fight in the final of road to UFC. He was wrecking the indian guy but was showboating(?) and doing dumb shit inside of the cage.

Indonesians love their little dumb shows, I know I have been there. Before MMA they had this weird fighting thing where they let 2 complete amateurs fight for like 1 exchange until they separate them and that is the whole match.

MMA was forbidden not too long ago in Indonesia and I am fully aware that the scene in Indonesia is evolving but Jeka did not embarass himself by lack of skills. It was lack of thinking. He easily could have won his last fight if he didnt just rush in like an idiot. This might be because it works in OnePride fights because people do not train properly in most of Indonesia but Jeka has been training in the USA and UK for 2 years now.

Do not see how you took away from my comment that I do not understand the state of Indonesian MMA when I followed it back when there was like 2 fighters who fought in China because Indonesia forbid all MMA. There was even an old video on Forest Griffin rolling with the guy who founded ONEPRIDE 0-15 years ago.

Do not tell me anything about my roots bro, you are out of your depth.

Crazy way to take a joke literally lol.

Edit.
Aforementioned video of Fransino tirta rolling with Griffin anno 2013

Breh, 99% of my family is indonesian and lives in a jungle where phones dont work and I have written extensively on here that I am suprised Jeka even had a gym in fucking Sumatra where my cousins usually work as Truck drivers.

Jeka embarassed himself not because of his lack of skill but his lack of thinking. He has enough power to knock out someone liek that winston guy. He just rushes in and does dumb shit, watch his fight in the final of road to UFC. He was wrecking the indian guy but was showboating(?) and doing dumb shit inside of the cage.

Indonesians love their little dumb shows, I know I have been there. Before MMA they had this weird fighting thing where they let 2 complete amateurs fight for like 1 exchange until they separate them and that is the whole match.

MMA was forbidden not too long ago in Indonesia and I am fully aware that the scene in Indonesia is evolving but Jeka did not embarass himself by lack of skills. It was lack of thinking. He easily could have won his last fight if he didnt just rush in like an idiot. This might be because it works in OnePride fights because people do not train properly in most of Indonesia but Jeka has been training in the USA and UK for 2 years now.

Do not see how you took away from my comment that I do not understand the state of Indonesian MMA when I followed it back when there was like 2 fighters who fought in China because Indonesia forbid all MMA. There was even an old video on Forest Griffin rolling with the guy who founded ONEPRIDE 0-15 years ago.

Do not tell me anything about my roots bro, you are out of your depth.

Crazy way to take a joke literally lol.

Edit.
Aforementioned video of Fransino tirta rolling with Griffin anno 2013

Settle down. That's a lot of defense, bro. Didnt mean to offend you.

Settle down. That's a lot of defense, bro. Didnt mean to offend you.
Well next time maybe think who you are writing to, I have been invested in MMA in Indonesia long before I was on Sherdog. I have trained with people over there in Pencak Silat which sadly isn't trained in full contact.

But there is a Sambo organization now in Indonesia too which is being lead by Krisna Bayu who used to be one of the few Judokas from Indonesia who actually competed internationally.
The infrastructure in Indonesia has bigger problems than MMA, Jakarta the capital is fucking sinking like literally. Thats why they plan on building a new one on a different island, that could mean that there will be more opportunities to found gyms and invest money into MMA and other sports.

Indonesian love fighting sports, Chris John who got gifted a decision vs Marquez was a national hero. But Indonesian politicans are all a bunch of corrupt crooks which is why the ordinary person is more worried about how to get the next meal then a fucking lateral drop.
You are right with what you wrote but still weird to answer to my shitpost in a matter that insinuates that I lack knowledge about Indonesian MMA.

Well next time maybe think who you are writing to, I have been invested in MMA in Indonesia long before I was on Sherdog. I have trained with people over there in Pencak Silat which sadly isn't trained in full contact.

But there is a Sambo organization now in Indonesia now too which is being lead by Krisna Bayu who used to be one of the few Judokas from Indonesia who actually competed internationally.
The infrastructure in Indonesia has bigger problems than MMA, Jakarta the capital is fucking sinking like literally. Thats why they plan on building a new one on a different island, that could mean that there will be more opportunities to found gyms and invest money into MMA and other sports.

Indonesian love fighting sports, Chris John who got gifted a decision vs Marquez was a national hero. But Indonesian politicans are all a bunch of corrupt crooks which is why the ordinary person is more worried about how to get the next meal then a fucking lateral drop.
You are right with what you wrote but still weird to answer to my shitpost in a matter that insinuates that I lack knowledge about Indonesian MMA.

"Next time, think who you are writing to" I don't know you haha. I don't recall reading any of your posts before on here to be honest. But you're in a thread where it's typically knowledgable guys so, yeah.

I didn't realize it was a shit post, a lot of fans conflate things like the significance of nationality and what country a fighter is a product from rather than their ethnicity or where they were born. Maybe my tangent was out of pocket and highfalutin, it wouldn't be the first time. I don't mind the energy you're coming at me with either, reminds me of myself a little.

"Next time, think who you are writing to" I don't know you haha. I don't recall reading any of your posts before on here to be honest. But you're in a thread where it's typically knowledgable guys so, yeah.

I didn't realize it was a shit post, a lot of fans conflate things like the significance of nationality and what country a fighter is a product from rather than their ethnicity or where they were born. Maybe my tangent was out of pocket and highfalutin, it wouldn't be the first time. I don't mind the energy you're coming at me with either, reminds me of myself a little.
Trust me if you knew Indonesia like I do, you wouldn't hold back on Jeka either.
I thought it would be obvious if one guy jumps from one Hypetrain to the other of fighters from a nation like Indonesia which isnt really relevant to MMA in the bigger picture it would be obvious I have some kind of connection.

Maybe I change my Signature to Merdeka 1945 so it is more obvious.

Back