My bench form??

tell your friend to keep his hands off of the bar. Otherwise I thought it looked fine.

Work on your setup. Jumping around on the bench as you are counting "one, two, three" can't be too good for your upper back tightness.

Can't be too good for your overall tightness as a matter of fact.

You and your friend lifted that weight together, post a video of you lifting it alone. Also I see 6 plates of 45 pounds that is 270 pounds, now are you going to tell me that the bar and the tinny 2.5 plates weigh the missing 80 pounds ?

You and your friend lifted that weight together, post a video of you lifting it alone. Also I see 6 plates of 45 pounds that is 270 pounds, now are you going to tell me that the bar and the tinny 2.5 plates weigh the missing 80 pounds ?

It looks like the "tinny" plates are 10 lbs, 5 lbs, and 2.5 lbs per side. 17.5 per side * 2 is 35 lbs. The bar is 45 lbs... Nice job splitting hairs on what is supposed to just be a thread on form.

He has the bar, 6-45's, 2-10's, 2-5's, and 2-2.5's. Thats 350lbs that he and his spotter lifted there.

Have you watched the Dave Tate bench video series? If not do so. If yes, review it.

It looks like the "tinny" plates are 10 lbs, 5 lbs, and 2.5 lbs per side. 17.5 per side * 2 is 35 lbs. The bar is 45 lbs... Nice job splitting hairs on what is supposed to just be a thread on form.

He has the bar, 6-45's, 2-10's, 2-5's, and 2-2.5's. Thats 350lbs that he and his spotter lifted there.

If those are 10 pounds plates how come they look 10 times smaller then the 45 pound ones, I can't imagine 4.5 of those are equal to the 45 plate. However in the gyms I've been there were only 20 kg plates at most. And the bar weighs 10 kg (about 20 pounds) where I'm from. In any case his friend helped him lift it up. Also to me it looked like he bounced it off his chest a little bit.

If those are 10 pounds plates how come they look 10 times smaller then the 45 pound ones, I can't imagine 4.5 of those are equal to the 45 plate. However in the gyms I've been there were only 20 kg plates at most. And the bar weighs 10 kg (about 20 pounds) where I'm from. In any case his friend helped him lift it up. Also to me it looked like he bounced it off his chest a little bit.

Please stop.

There is clearly a 10, 5 and 2.5 on either side. What else would they be?

A 20 kg plate is 44 lbs. Not that much size difference between a 44 lb plate and a 45 lb plate.

Where do you find a bar that weighs 10 kg? Are you sure you don't mean 20 kg?

There was no excessive bouncing off his chest. Touch and go benching is fine.

Stop trolling or you will be dubbed.

Where is it that you're from?

I'm from Herzegovina and always believed the bars were 10 kg, that's what I always heard. I might weigh one tomorrow just to check what's true. Ok if I'm wrong with the plates then I might be wrong.

^ A standard bar is 20kg not 10kg.

Edit: Also on your form like said before watch the Dave Tate bench videos they will help you alot.

hey man good work on the bench only suggestions I would give as earlier mentioned would be to make sure that once comfortable tighten your lats and keep them pressed firmly against the bench make sure abs are tight and clench your glutes as far as form goes once up just try and keep your elbows tucked to your sides straight down the straight up to alleviate any chance of rotators cuff injury may feel heavier at first but once you get those little things straightened out you will easily add 25 lbs to your max

I feel as though you could get hurt doing all that bouncing and hyping up. Louie Simmons says to approach each lift with a workmanlike ethic - I prefer to think of it as a type of muscular Zen. Try to have a great deal of contact in every muscle involved in the lift with great calm.

Do they not have collars at your gym?

Get set, your whole body should be tight as hell, moving around like that lessens the tightness and promotes possible injury. Also the spotter is there to help on a failed attempt not to assist during the lift.

Do they not have collars at your gym?

why collars on bench are innately unsafe. I saw someone tear something with around 420 on the bar. His spotter couldn't get it so they dumped it off. LIfting alone this is why I don't barbell bench.

It looks like at one point I can see your spotters forearms flex as he assists you. I think he helped like 10 lbs. but you can do it with how fast that was without help so next time tell him to give you 1/8" gap between his hand and the weight the whole way.

I lift alone but 1 or 2 times in a day I'll ask random person to spot me. Yesterday I had to do it again because he kept helping me, ticked me off next round I asked someonne else to spot me.

Back