MW All-Time Top 10?

Why put gegard.machida had better career in 185.he fought for the belt.also beat gegard.also a better fighter more complete

Machida is a better wrestler
Striker than him

Also machidas tdd is way way better
Machida is not a better wrestler and doesn't have better TDD stfu you troll lol

Anderson Silva *Proven Drug Cheat
Rich Franklin
Michael Bisping
Gegard Moo Sauce si
Izzy
Whittaker
Yoel Romero *”Tainted supplements”
Yushin Oakami
Weidman
Dan Henderson/Luke Rockhold.

Thats my list

IMO I think machida does have better TDD but Gegard is still overall the better fighter.
Maybe even TDD but gegard is known for his top game. Seems weird if he didn't have good TDD lol. Only fight I've seen him struggle with TDD is his fight against Lovato but that dude is easily the biggest MW I ever seen and is one of the most accomplished grapplers fighting in MMA. Machida got wrestled fucked by weidman, rockhold and Phil Davis lol. Like I said, maybe even, but that would even be a stretch lol

People rating Bisping really high.

Guy pulled a horseshoe out of his ass vs Rockhold (once), and has lost to most other top guys he fought.

What, are people really impressed by his performances vs Hendo 2 and Anderson?

Guy is fringe top 10 at best skill wise, probably not when you consider the other contenders.

F off hater if you weren’t impressed by those performances then you are frankly retarded.

Not only where they great performances but he did them with one fucking eye.

Anderson
Rich Franklin
Gegard
Vitor (bump him down for the roids if you want)
Jacare
Adesanya
Bisping
Romero
Weidman
Sonnen

Solid list except for Vitor and Sonnen.

Maybe even TDD but gegard is known for his top game. Seems weird if he didn't have good TDD lol. Only fight I've seen him struggle with TDD is his fight against Lovato but that dude is easily the biggest MW I ever seen and is one of the most accomplished grapplers fighting in MMA. Machida got wrestled fucked by weidman, rockhold and Phil Davis lol. Like I said, maybe even, but that would even be a stretch lol
Moose's top game is thunderous ground and pound I agree. The most underrated aspect of his style IMO.
Lovato fight Moose was also much older tbh. The guy is slowing down. Lovato is also the most roided MW i've seen in a hot minute.

F off hater if you weren’t impressed by those performances then you are frankly retarded.

Isn't Bisping also 2nd all time in UFC wins? "He's a fringe top 10 at best" lol

No Bisping despite him beating three other guys you listed?
This is pure comedy gold. First off he was flat afraid to give up his title immediately in 3 title fights that were put in front of him after rockhold debacle. He refused the #2 , #3 and #4 fighter with reasons, lol ofcourse. ."Yoel, you're a cheat " .... " Bisping Mousasi is bad for business " and "I cant fight jacare cause I have arm injury".
Weeks later, he signs agsinst 68 year old 15 ranked hendo AND GOT HIS ASS KICKED AGAIN in his backyard against a guy who completely no business getting a title shot.
He edged by a past his prime Anderson....and originally thst night it was supposed to be Bisping Mousasi headliner. That fight happens and history is rewritten. The domino effect of those events are of legend ( for those paying attention).
Just for record, Mousasi gave Thales Leites the worst beating of his career on that very same night. I bring this up cause a few months prior, bjj practitioner thales freekn leites walked bisping down for 25 minutes in a " split decision".

I would put Bisping somewhere between 15 and 25.The UFC title win means little to me which was validated in hendo 2 and the beatings he received by a couple of welters afterwards .

Jesus H... ..

Isn't Bisping also 2nd all time in UFC wins? "He's a fringe top 10 at best" lol

Bisping haters are the worst. They are seriously dumb fuck Americans who don’t know what banter is.

quite fustrating reading all the BS and re-written history they spout trying to prove their pathetic narratives.

KO'd Thiago Santos and beat Thales leites. Mark Munoz and Melvin Manhoof are good wins, not the greatest. And on top of that he's held 2 different MW belts during his career. He's very accomplished and has always been elite skill wise
What's sad is that timing and circumstances ( which is so paramount in this sport) has been Gegards biggest enemy in career. People dont realize he was 12-3 zuffa 9-3 UFC and fought out final contract at 7-1 and very much wanted to stay .

Look at Michael Bisping- the completely flip side of coin in the timing and circumstances category. Really study his fight ledger. Look at his 3 fight win streak that got him injury call to face a rockhold who nobody knew ( including himself) that the integrity of his chin had already taken a nose dive. Bisping barely got by CB fucking Dollaway in first of those 3 and arguably lost to Thales in a split.
Crazy

Bisping over Weidman any day.
Bisping has one elite win in his career. Weidman will go down as the guy who dethroned Anderson. It’s not even close.

I'm gonna be the asshole that brings up ELO rankings.
Are ELO rankings "correct"? Shit no. They are a different angle to the same problem.
Consider the old college football rankings, which would look at both:
a) computer rankings based on wins and strength of schedule, and
b) coaches polling.​
The results were often pretty similar, especially at the top, but always a little bit different. Same thing here. Everyone's subjective lists are fine, but not "correct"; just subjective opinions. ELO is also fine, but not "correct". So they are an enlightening perspective, but don't take them any more seriously than any other list in this thread. Cheers.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-middleweight/
1 Anderson Silva 34-10-0 18026
2 Chris Weidman 14-5-0 7519
3 Luke Rockhold 16-4-0 3841
4 Michael Bisping 30-9-0 3776
5 Gegard Mousasi 46-7-2 3702
6 Dan Henderson 32-15-0 3593
7 Rich Franklin 29-7-0 3505
8 Ronaldo Souza 26-8-0 3248
9 Murilo Bustamante 15-8-1 3084
10 Yoel Romero 13-4-0 2942
11 Chael Sonnen 30-17-1 2874
12 Nate Marquardt 35-19-2 2842
13 Robert Whittaker 20-4-0 2305
14 Israel Adesanya 18-0-0 2187
15 Yuki Kondo 61-35-9 2114
16 Matt Lindland 22-9-0 1644
17 Ricardo Almeida 13-5-0 1637
18 Paulo Filho 24-6-3 1576
19 Yushin Okami 36-14-0 1574
20 Kazuo Misaki 25-11-2 1436
21 Vitor Belfort 26-14-0 1413
22 Lyoto Machida 26-9-0 1379
23 Georges St. Pierre 26-2-0 1298
24 Kiuma Kunioku 35-26-9 1171
25 Evan Tanner 32-8-0 1111
26 Dave Menne 45-17-2 1018
27 Robbie Lawler 28-14-0 968
28 Paulo Henrique Costa 13-0-0 815
29 Jorge Santiago 25-12-0 797
30 Demian Maia 28-9-0 764
31 Jake Shields 33-11-1 691
32 Mamed Khalidov 34-6-2 661
33 Manabu Yamada 23-15-6 660
34 Kelvin Gastelum 15-4-0 657
35 Keiichiro Yamamiya 45-35-10 625​

Bisping haters are the worst. They are seriously dumb fuck Americans who don’t know what banter is.

quite fustrating reading all the BS and re-written history they spout trying to prove their pathetic narratives.
I know you're a bisping guy and that's fine.
I'm a mousasi supporter ( as u know) and I type with some bias ..... admitted. I still stand behind " most " of what I say/type.

Any honest person who takes a look a Michael Bispings ledger from start to finish and I'm not talking just wins - the wins , who he beat and in what fashion ( he has a decision heavy career) and his title elimination losses- even before SFORCE middles came over.

I just call it for what it is.
If I can point to one fight that sums up where Bisping falls in 185 pecking order, itd be the Tim Kennedy fight. Bisping was favored to win, it was early in Tim's tenure as UFC fighter ( this where alot of elites even trip up when coming to UFC) and Kennedy pretty much dominated a prime Bisping.

I'm sorry , bro.I know I'm not one of your favorites around here because of Bisping in particular .I'm not making him out to be some can- he was a good/ cusp of very good fighter.

It is what it is

1 Silva
2 Izzy
3 Whittaker
4 Romero
5 Weidman
6 Rockhold
7 Gegard
8 Jacare
9 Costa
10 Franklin

I know you're a bisping guy and that's fine.
I'm a mousasi supporter ( as u know) and I type with some bias ..... admitted. I still stand behind " most " of what I say/type.

Any honest person who takes a look a Michael Bispings ledger from start to finish and I'm not talking just wins - the wins , who he beat and in what fashion ( he has a decision heavy career) and his title elimination losses- even before SFORCE middles came over.

I just call it for what it is.
If I can point to one fight that sums up where Bisping falls in 185 pecking order, itd be the Tim Kennedy fight. Bisping was favored to win, it was early in Tim's tenure as UFC fighter ( this where alot of elites even trip up when coming to UFC) and Kennedy pretty much dominated a prime Bisping.

I'm sorry , bro.I know I'm not one of your favorites around here because of Bisping in particular .I'm not making him out to be some can- he was a good/ cusp of very good fighter.

It is what it is
Well said.

Bisping is a solid fighter. He spent the first 3rd of his career beating top 30 guys and losing to top 10 guys. He spend the second 3rd of his career beating top 20 guys and losing to top 10 guys (some had Mayhem at 10, some at 11). And in his last 3rd of his career he beat top 15 guys....and he finally got couple decent top 10 wins, working out to 2-7 or some such thing in top 10 fights.

He did not get into the top 10 not by beating top 10 guys like Hendo or Nate or Okami; he got into top 10 by attrition - top 10 guys like Hendo or Nate or Okami all left.

He's a solid fighter. I applaud him. He spent a decade working his way up. And well rounded, in a "good at everything great at nothing" sort of way. But his best attribution by far was his injury free longevity. His longevity is spectacular. He was free of major injuries most of his career, which allowed him to beat a lot of guys ranked 11-30 across a decade.

But it's also fair to point out that he had the luxury of working his way up the ladder slowly and getting paid very well for it, because of TUF and Dana's need to break into the UK. That was a luxury very few fighters in the UFC have ever had.

The guy is not a top 10 fighter. IMO. Though he is according to ELO ;) that Hendo and Luke fight pushed him way up those mathematical rankings.

And like you, I don't care one way or the other about his "banter" (before that other fan comes back and accuses me of being a daft American.) I'm just doing an unbiased analysis of his career.

Last edited:

Yeah, really impressive getting knocked around by ancient, off TRT Hendo and washed up Anderson who barely did anything in that fight.

Machida is not a better wrestler and doesn't have better TDD stfu you troll lol
lol?u call me a troll?please post their stats on takedowns % and takedown defense %

Back