MW All-Time Top 10?

Evan Tanner, Matt Lindland, David Terrell, Murilo Bustamante, Kazushi Sakuraba, Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, Israel Adesanya, Robert Whittaker..

Evan Tanner, Matt Lindland, David Terrell, Murilo Bustamante, Kazushi Sakuraba, Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, Israel Adesanya, Robert Whittaker..
I only recently got to see some of Evan Tanner's biggest wins back-to-back full fights at my buddies house and it was one of the coolest strings I'd ever witnessed
1997.10.18__04__-_Evan_Tanner_Vs._Heath_Herring__5BUSWF_7_-_Unified_Shoot_Wrestling_Federation_7_5D_medium.gif

1998.06.20__11__-_Evan_Tanner_Vs._Tony_Castillo__5BUSWF_9_-_Unified_Shoot_Wrestling_Federation_9_5D_1_medium.gif

1998.04.18__09__-_Evan_Tanner_Vs._Wade_Kroeze__5BGladiators_-_Gladiators_2_5D_1_medium.gif

Last edited:
If you don’t have Anderson first then your list is discredited and disregarded immediately. Shame on all of you.

WOW HOLY SHIT no trolls yet.

<{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}>
@Sansnom trolled on the very first post

Silva
Hendo
Franklin
Mousasi
Whittaker
Vitor
Romero
Weidman
Sonnen
Okami

1. Anderson Silva
2. Rich Franklin
3. Dan Henderson
4. Gegard Mousasi
5. Jacare Souza

6-10 Whitaker/Yoel/Weidman/Luke/Izzy

No Bisping despite him beating three other guys you listed?

Last edited:
1. Anderson Silva
2. Dan Henderson
3. Yoel Romero
4. Jacare Souza
5. Murilo Bustamante
6. [TIE] Lyoto Machida/Gegard Mousasi
7. Kazushi Sakuraba
8. Vitor Belfort
9. Robert Whittaker
10. Rich Franklin
I would put Franklin higher but yours is the best list I've seen so far. Good shout on Bustamante and Romero.

Lol at any list putting Rich Franklin outside top 5 and guys who never won/defend the belt ahead of him.

Even worse, lol at counting Franklin as one of best's Anderson wins but putting him so low.

The problem with Rich is he wasn't actually a MW that long and his wins at that weight aren't that great when compared with others.

Where do you have Gegard at?

People are crazy. IF you digest this properly and winning UFC title isnt the win all be all ( look at bisping who declined to fight the #3 mousasi at the time).
Longevity- records in top promotions- fight IQ( which leads to lengthy SUCESSFUL careers)- their colleagues ( other fighter who would answer this question good and proper)- a clean fighter ( I'll give Anderson a pass cause no one really knows what he's done in past and certainly passed the " eye test " during his years)... then :

Anderson
Mousasi ( who just only turned 34, still has prime years left, left UFC on a 5 fight win streak [only fighter in history to own that], approaching 50 wins where he has won like 90% of his fights, - I can go on but I'll stop at that.)

Then everyone else.... subjective.

I like the guy but Whittaker absolutely is not a top 10 all time middle weight. I honestly think Bisping would have destroyed him
I don't know how to assess Rob but hed beat the brakes off bisping. Bisping is the ultimate product of timing and circumstances. Once SFORCE middles came over, I dont even know if Bisping was top 10 (maybe 9 or 10). Michael Bisping became a draw ( for whatever reason)- this doesn't make him an all time great ,lol.
His ledger ( prime or otherwise) is saturated with decision wins over guys he was a healthy favorite to beat.

Who the fuck did Rich Franklin beat to be ranked so high? lol his best win is an old ass CTE Wand and old ass CTE Liddell and Yushin Okami.

LOL anyways, here is my BIASED top 10 MWs OAT.

1.Anderson SIlva - for his aura, his wins, dominance and style.

2.Dan Henderson - for legendary will, competition, and wins over legends from higher weight classes.

3.Kazushi Sakuraba- Maybe even the GOAT MW when you consider who he fought/beat when he could have been a WW.

4.Royce Gracie- Put MMA on the map. His historic relevance makes him jump ahead of guys who are fighting today even if theyre better.

5.Gegard Mousasi- Based on activity, record, competition and skill set. I know people will disagree but I think hes one of the best ever in any weight class when at his best.

6.Chris Weidman- First man to beat PRIME Anderson and by KO and then defended belt 3x against Anderson, Lyoto and Vitor. I know hes been terrible recently but when at his best one of the best ever for sure.

6.Yoel Romero- Based on wins, competition, performance at his age and strength of schedule. I believe he beat Whitaker too. Unbelievable what hes done at his age.

7.Vitor Belfort- Based on competition, wins over over legends, longevity, resurgences and excitement generated.

8.Luke Rockhold- UFC Champion in a very tough landscape. Up until losing to Bisping, he was 14-1in his last 15 with wins over Weidman, Machida, Jacare, Bisping, Kennedy, Boetch, Phillpou and Jardine. He never defended so hes lower on the list but still an absolute stud.

9.Israel Adesanya- Becasue when he beats Romero by TKO that will be wins over Whitaker by KO, Romero by TKO, Gastelum by dominant, multiple near finish UD, Brunson by TKO all in the span of a year and a half.

10.Ronaldo Jacare - His strength of schedule, how he performed at his age and the wins he has over top 10 fighters.

I didnt put Wand because I consider him a LHW. I didnt put Bisping because I think his biggest wins are either flukes or robberies and I didnt put Whitaker because I feel the same way about him as I do about Bisping. He's never even defended his belt in my eyes. I didnt put Lyoto Machida because his run at MW wasnt top 10 all time IMO. and also LOL at anyone who has Rich Franklin as a top 10 all time MW. He was a big fish in the small pond that was the UFC and would have been a journey man if he fought in Japan around that time.

Honorable mention: Frank Shamrock

This guy was amazing for his time. A MW frame guy like him coming in and beating the fuck out of Tito the way he did was stuff of legends. Unprecedented at the time.

I don't know how to assess Rob but hed beat the brakes off bisping. Bisping is the ultimate product of timing and circumstances. Once SFORCE middles came over, I dont even know if Bisping was top 10 (maybe 9 or 10). Michael Bisping became a draw ( for whatever reason)- this doesn't make him an all time great ,lol.
His ledger ( prime or otherwise) is saturated with decision wins over guys he was a healthy favorite to beat.

I never said Bisping was an all-time top 10 fighter but he would still beat Whittaker IMO. Both are pillow fisted but I still say Bisping has the more impressive list of wins. Whittaker's greatest accomplishment was surviving 10 rounds against Romero. It would be a good fight though, Bisping and Whittaker are pretty evenly matched and it would have almost certainly have went to a decision.

Why put gegard.machida had better career in 185.he fought for the belt.also beat gegard.also a better fighter more complete

Machida is a better wrestler
Striker than him

Also machidas tdd is way way better

Why put gegard.machida had better career in 185.he fought for the belt.also beat gegard.also a better fighter more complete

Machida is a better wrestler
Striker than him

Also machidas tdd is way way better
Lol, he is neither. He beat Gegard in a well fought decision where Gegard outstuck him 66-35( fact).That was early in Gegard ufc tenure. That fight happens 2 or 3 fights later, machida loses. That was mousasi s first fight back at 185 in several years and coming off back to back acl tears( he made chop meat of latifi on 1 leg). He shouldve NEVER taken that fight when he did. That's just it though, the clean mousasi has never said the word " no " to any fight in his incredible 17 year career.

I never said Bisping was an all-time top 10 fighter but he would still beat Whittaker IMO. Both are pillow fisted but I still say Bisping has the more impressive list of wins. Whittaker's greatest accomplishment was surviving 10 rounds against Romero. It would be a good fight though, Bisping and Whittaker are pretty evenly matched and it would have almost certainly have went to a decision.
I never said you did. I was just popping off per reference to titled topic.

The problem with Rich is he wasn't actually a MW that long and his wins at that weight aren't that great when compared with others.
I'm obviously a Franklin guy and this isnt wrong. I think prime rich beats prime bisping but really dont know where I'd put Rich.

No Bisping despite him beating three other guys you listed?
I mean we all know he beat Hendo and Anderson way past their prime (and barely beat them at that). We saw what happened when he fought Hendo in his prime. And yeah he knocked out Luke, but also lost pretty handily to him in the other matchup.

You're right though that Bisping probably deserves to be in that group, it's difficult to narrow it down to 10.

How come most of you keep putting Jacare and Romero above Izzy and Whittaker?

Non champions over actual champions.

Rob beat both of those guys and Izzy is undefeated and beat Silva, KG ( who by the way beat Jacare), Whittaker.

Makes no sense, unless you’re gay and judge them by how muscled they look

1-Silva
2-Yoel
3-Weidman
4-Rockhold
5-Whittaker
Jacare and Moose can kinda fit in there wherever

Back