MVP about to take over!

We are proud of MVP in the UK. Here he is on a podcast talking about CM Vs ND at 202 and telling how he whipped up boxer Chris Eubank in boxing sparing - and that he would do it again (WITH CAMRAS).

Humble guy despite the fact he is flamboyant. What do you think about him being the next guy to go big?

po.st/PodcastMVP

What you just said..... would be the opposite of humble. He is extremely talented though. Would love to see him vs Anderson.

Easy to say sitting here - why dont you listen to the podcast and see what you think. The UK, and London is a small area geographically and so saying that and not being able to back it up isnt wise. ALSO - as MVP isnt going around trying to talk himself into fights it would seem out of character to just make it up. He also did say, lets do it again with cameras.

Im a huge Eubank Jr fan btw and we have mutual friends. I was surprised when MVP said it but when he explains why and how, I think it makes sense.

Well he should leave MMA for Boxing then.
The money is way better especially if he can beat a top 10 guy.

GGG watch out....

Last edited:
These two things are not mutually exclusive, and i was paraphrasing and didn't use quote marks.

He said it in a more humble way than I did.

Got that?
Actually no I don't got that. How can u call the guy humble when he's making boasts about getting the better of a top uk boxer like Eubank jr?

There's nothing wrong with making these kinds of boasts to get your name out there but don't throw that humble shit in there too

Losing interest with the guy. Yeah, he puts on these flashy finishes, but it gets old when you see how outmatched his opponents usually are.

If he was a 22-24yo prospect, I could see reason in giving him such guys to build him up. But the man's 29. He doesn't have forever to get out and make a splash.

I hear you but can still make that splash in his 30's. He is clearly aware of what he needs to improve, he hasnt taken much punishment so maybe he is getting some of these things in place that will serve him well when he makes his move.

He is pushing 30 and has only crushed cans. His opposition is a joke, even for Bellator. Last few guys he fought had little going for them other than having a pulse. Let's see him against Koreshkov, Lima, or even Daley.

I've lost all the respect I had for him when he did that stupid pokemon celebration, how old is he ? 5 ?

He is pushing 30 and has only crushed cans. His opposition is a joke, even for Bellator. Last few guys he fought had little going for them other than having a pulse. Let's see him against Koreshkov, Lima, or even Daley.

Give him a year or two to work on his grappling. If he becomes unstoppable he will be one of MMA's biggest stars. Why ruin such potential.

Actually no I don't got that. How can u call the guy humble when he's making boasts about getting the better of a top uk boxer like Eubank jr?

There's nothing wrong with making these kinds of boasts to get your name out there but don't throw that humble shit in there too

Hey Cougar.

1. I wasnt there, but If it is true that he got the better of Eubank, it isnt necessarily boastful to say so unless it is said in a boastful way. It can be factual without being boastful. If you dont understand this, they need to take away your brown belt.
2. Like i said before, being humble and saying you beat a very good uk boxer in sparring are not mutually exclusive.
3. He isnt going round saying "I am humble and I beat Eubank". I said that he is humble. Its MY opinion having spoken to him for a couple of hours.

So Cyborg is a can now?

I'm constantly amazed at how far people will go to shit on fighters just to discredit the people who beat them.

So Cyborg is a can now?

I'm constantly amazed at how far people will go to shit on fighters just to discredit the people who beat them.
He has almost a .500 record in MMA and was knocked out less than a month before by Saad Awaad lol. If you think can is overstepping it how about journeyman? Even that is a stretch.

Give him a year or two to work on his grappling. If he becomes unstoppable he will be one of MMA's biggest stars. Why ruin such potential.
How long has he been doing MMA now? He's had time to prepare for ground fighting. These guys he has fought aren't even capable of testing him there anyway. That's a joke. By the way potential gets you fired, this guy is almost 30. Potential might as well be one of George Carlin's words that you can't say on television.

He has almost a .500 record in MMA and was knocked out less than a month before by Saad Awaad lol. If you think can is overstepping it how about journeyman? Even that is a stretch.
I'm still amazed how much MVP seems to bother you. Why shit on his opponents just because you don't like him? Seriously, explain this to me. Why go out of your way to insult other fighters just so you can try and bring down an exciting, undefeated fighter?

I'm still amazed how much MVP seems to bother you. Why shit on his opponents just because you don't like him? Seriously, explain this to me. Why go out of your way to insult other fighters just so you can try and bring down an exciting, undefeated fighter?
Lol he's kind of irrelevant quite honestly, doesn't bother me I just think he is overhyped. It's not an insult the truth hurts, Cyborg has a lot of miles on the tires and he was never a great fighter. Like I said a journeyman at best.

His opponents have actually been quite poor so not sure how I'm insulting the guy by using facts. Sorry to hurt your feelings though guess I'll stop now.

You saw the higher-traffic route and overstepped. You not sorry for s**t. Self-promote elsewhere.

What do you think I am, coca cola?

Maybe I should buy bilboards, or, even better, replace Reebok as the UFC's apparel provider.

Self promote elsewhere lol - I understand if a community has rules and norms of behaviour. but come on, its a podcast from the UK with a very intimate conversation with a person that is intriguing and probably not that well known to most MMA fans.

As a fan myself (rather than Coke or Reebok marketing president) I find him an intriguing prospect with great potential and this is why I pursued him for interview and why I wanted to share it with MMA fans. Im not getting paid for it, thought some people might be interested. If not then cool.

Well he should leave MMA for Boxing then.
The money is way better especially if he can beat a top 10 guy.

GGG watch out....

Also said he got the better of James DeGale, and said that he has had his ass kicked a lot on his journey.

He has done martial arts since 3. His parents were both martial artists. Boxing is one discipline within MMA. He spoke about how his unorthadox style confuses people that are used to seeing something orthodox. Surely you understand the logic here?

The money in any sport is stored at the top of the tree as I am sure you know. You should listen to the podcast, maybe you will learn something that will challenge some of the thoughts you seem to be overly attached to!?

He's a ton of fun to watch, but I doubt he can get above the top 5. That's a big compliment. But I think a strong wrestler can take care of him.

Back