Muslim Vs. Non Muslim Rio Beach Volleyball!

I bet that all women in extremely hot countries WANT to wear that shit..

This. Bizarre seeing this "but she wants to wear it, she said so" responses.

I guess the young Mormon girls just want to enter polygamous marriages with their old creepy uncle. Who are you to say otherwise, that's just their religion.

Most importantly, they lost the match. Showing once again middle easterners can't play sports, or fight. Not even by buying athletes like the oil countries do.

afp_e23wo.jpg

Not in a bikini either but she doesn't have the hijab.

That other girl usually play in bikinis but according to the rules both have to use the same clothing and the fundamentalist girl wouldn't play without being fully covered. Once again Islam ruins it for everybody.

Their Islam-approved garments are still skin tight, and show lines. I'm all for variety, but isn't Beach Volley Ball supposed to be an event one competes in while wearing... beach attire?!

Wonderful example of the double-standard that feminists hold. The bikini-clad beautiful German women are victims of the patriarchy, while being oppressive fat-shamers. The Egyptian women aren't oppressed, and in fact are happy to be dressed so heavily at the beach. They love their sun stroke.

Why don't the Egyptian men have to dress so heavily? Why don't the men from these Islamic countries wear full-body coverage uniforms, like their women? We all know the answer, which is why Islam should be confined to those people who live in Islamic countries. Given the choice, most women would choose to look like the German women, or at least be able to wear bikinis so well. The First World supports their ability to choose.

Heil Germany! Heil BIKINIS!!!!

This. Bizarre seeing this "but she wants to wear it, she said so" responses.
That logic only works if there's no threat of government coercion or strong social pressure. But that second scenario is a bit more gray than it seems. Every society has a certain level of social pressure that determines what is and isn't acceptable. In places like Egypt and Pakistan among the poor masses you're likely to run into some really oppressive stuff but in other places I think it can be less clear.
I guess the young Mormon girls just want to enter polygamous marriages with their old creepy uncle. Who are you to say otherwise, that's just their religion.
I think there is a possibility that those girls truly want it since they were raised within that community and so their values will be different. But that doesn't make it an optimal choice or even an arrangement we should tolerate of course.
That other girl usually play in bikinis but according to the rules both have to use the same clothing and the fundamentalist girl wouldn't play without being fully covered. Once again Islam ruins it for everybody.
I would blame her for the loss.

Islam values and ideas are the total opposite of liberal and progressive ideas. As a liberal I don't get why Islam must be sheltered and defended at any cost just because it belongs to a minority. It seems just idiotic and suicidal in the long run to me.

Garbage religion.

A two piece bikini should be a REQUIREMENT.

That logic only works if there's no threat of government coercion or strong social pressure. But that second scenario is a bit more gray than it seems. Every society has a certain level of social pressure that determines what is and isn't acceptable. In places like Egypt and Pakistan among the poor masses you're likely to run into some really oppressive stuff but in other places I think it can be less clear.

I think there is a possibility that those girls truly want it since they were raised within that community and so their values will be different. But that doesn't make it an optimal choice or even an arrangement we should tolerate of course.

I would blame her for the loss.

Right, my point is that just like in Mormonism there is serious coercion. In some places, like you stated, even more so.

Some North Koreans think their dear leader is reincarnated as his nephew. Sure they may chose to think that, but what were the factors leading to them thinking it? What would happen if they dissent? Same thing applies here.

I guarantee very few women "chose" to be second class citizens. They just have no other alternative.

I think it depends on the family. I know some Muslim families that are truly ambivalent on the hijab and some of their girls wear it and other don't.

But these girls are Egyptian and like I said earlier that country is very fundamentalist so I think its more likely than not that there was moderate to strong social pressure to wear the hijab from a relatively young age.

That shit really bugs me man. I dont like the idea that women are lesser sinful creatures that need to be covered at all time so that no one is tempted to think sinful thoughts and rapes them or whatever. Probably a cultural thing but that really makes me heave a healthy disrespect for the religion . Itll be 95 and humid and ill run out to the store and see a dude in shorts and a polo being followed around a ninja bee keeper and it makes me think whats wrong with this picture

I see nothing wrong.

First of all wearing bikinis and panties doesnt make you play better, it is not required. So them wearing shirts and lycra is nothing that negatively effects them.

2nd of all these volleyball women just wear that crap for markability, so who givea a shit.

Thirdly the egyptian chick has a way better ass.....I prefer lycra as well.

Lastly this thread is just another pussy crying issue by the rightwingers....who gives a shit, u people are so sensitive.

For one thing I bet it's more comfortable to play volleyball in 90 degree humid weather in bathing suit vs being covered with cloths from head to toe.

And for another...Are you really serious? I've always voted Democrat, but the far left are the sensitive pussies. Safe spaces, trigger warnings, selective outrage etc... are all characteristics of thin skinned weak minded people; and all of this poison is coming from the left not the right. I'm not voting for Trump or Hillary, but Trump is probably the lesser of the two evils at this point.

Right, my point is that just like in Mormonism there is serious coercion. In some places, like you stated, even more so.

Some North Koreans think their dear leader is reincarnated as his nephew. Sure they may chose to think that, but what were the factors leading to them thinking it? What would happen if they dissent? Same thing applies here.

I guarantee very few women "chose" to be second class citizens. They just have no other alternative.
At what point is the social coercion acceptable or unacceptable? All societies have it to some extent. We can see that Germany has a a more reasonable balance than Pakistan but I think there's a lot of middle ground there.
That shit really bugs me man. I dont like the idea that women are lesser sinful creatures that need to be covered at all time so that no one is tempted to think sinful thoughts and rapes them or whatever. Probably a cultural thing but that really makes me heave a healthy disrespect for the religion . Itll be 95 and humid and ill run out to the store and see a dude in shorts and a polo being followed around a ninja bee keeper and it makes me think whats wrong with this picture
I know some girls who choose to wear the hijab. I think its somewhat like wearing a cross in that its piety and/or virtue signaling that leads to it. The niqab seems to me much more likely to be powerful social coercion

how easy is it to make the Egypt women's volleyball team?

show up?

why are you watching women's beach volley ball loser

how easy is it to make the Egypt women's volleyball team?

show up?

are you kidding, there's so much sand you could stick a net down anywhere and you'd have enough room to play an olympic match

At what point is the social coercion acceptable or unacceptable? All societies have it to some extent. We can see that Germany has a a more reasonable balance than Pakistan but I think there's a lot of middle ground there.

I know some girls who choose to wear the hijab. I think its somewhat like wearing a cross in that its piety and/or virtue signaling that leads to it. The niqab seems to me much more likely to be powerful social coercion

My guess would be at the point when it severely limits half the population's rights and forces them (whether directly or indirectly through social and religious conditioning) to wear bags. Because it's not just about the dress code, it's just a symbol, but about overall freedom of women to do what they'd like, instead of what they're told under the threat of social exclusion or often physical danger.

What social coercion in Germany are you talking about? In Europe Muslims more often than not live within their own communities, the coercion is still there and it's still unacceptable.

Its so lame that some women want to be judged by their ability and not their appearance.
those aren't mutually exclusive. do you know how the olympics works? the olympics are already judging their ability. they will rank them best to worst with the top 3 getting a medal. but wearing an all black body suit under the rio sun probably isn't going to help their performance in anyway.

and they are being judged by their appearance right now anyway

Not sure who should be more ashamed...the beekeepers or the chicks that wear bikinis with their ass hanging out while playing a "sport".

Back