Mundials

this makes otavio souza's run at 2nd place in his first pan ams as a black belt seem all the more impressive.

The guy who beat Kron is a really good fighter. I don't think it was an upset at all. From the very first seconds, Sergio had the upper hand, he used lots of speed with slick take downs. I found the end humorous, many acted like Sergio became the Mundial Champ, the whole place went nuts.

We all know Kron is gonna come back bigger, stronger and better. It's a neccesary lost. Not an upset but an eye opener. Good luck to Sergio and Kron:)

Without a video, this thread is useless.

Surprising to me but not earthshattering. He's still one bad man.

i think this will be good for Kron. I mean, you have to remember, he literally got his black belt a few weeks ago, and hes fighting a guy whos probably been a BB for years. I cant imagine the pressure on him to win.. anyway.. everyone loses sometime, but a real champion comes back stronger, and you cant on Kron to do that.

I think this will alleviate some of the pressure on Kron, which may make his life easier, but im sure this will motivate him to train even harder.

im saying that if kron comes in and wipes out everyone it would probably upset alot of the black belts that have trained along time and nobody wants to get there ass kicked by a brand new black belt. all the other black belts had to work there way up in black belt

mundial2008kron3jiujitsu.jpg

i love this picture b/c Kron is going to be one of the best one day.

the old cliche...

You can learn more from a win that a loss. Kron went up against the best and lost...

No shame in that. Go home and train harder, plain and simple. As also has been mentioned many of the other fighters have years of experience on him...

Additionally, as i believe Fozzy pointed out...Kron beating a BB with years of experience does not mean that Kron was better than that BB, it just means that he was better than that BB on that particular day...

Anyway...since this is the gear and equipment part of the sherdog forum...lets get this on topic shall we...

what type of gi was Kron wearing!?:icon_chee

How did otavio souza get on? I know victor estima won his first two.

i bet all the black belts were happy becuase they dont want some brand new 19 year old black belt destroying them all and showing them that all there training was worthless

WOW you say some dumbass shit!!

blackbelt is a completely different level then brown, purple, etc. Each level gets harder, some people will excel fast at that level like otavio souza and some will be the best one day likely named kron

this guy just choked out victor estima too

Back