Multiple Personalities? Oblivian's Diet Log

When exactly are you going to be bulking? Bet thats gonna more fun than cutting.

When exactly are you going to be bulking? Bet thats gonna more fun than cutting.

5-6 weeks. I'm on the last week of the 4th cycle of 5/3/1, and I'm going to do one more cycle. I'll probably take a week after that to test my 1RM's. I'm hoping to set new PR's in everything at 170 lbs. I realize the PR's will only be adding a little weight, but that's ok. So I'll be starting to bulk a little before Thanksgiving. I'll be bulking a lot longer than I was dieting. My guess is that I'll get up to 190 lbs, but I hope to gain a ton of strength. When spring rolls around, I'll get back down to 180 or so by eating moderately. At some point, I'll probably diet down again to 170 lbs and go for new 1RM's. It will be an ongoing cycle.

My theory is this: Suppose I want a 525 lbs deadlift at 180 lbs. I think I can get there much quicker by bulking, increasing my 1RM to something like 515 lbs at 190 lbs, start to cut back in weight while still working on my deadlift, and then hit it at 180. If I tried to get there while maintaining a weight of 180 lbs, it would take much longer. My gains come super quick when bulking, and so far it doesn't feel like I lose strength when losing weight. I actually continue to gain, but at a much slower pace.

Morning Weight = 173 lbs

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, one piece of toast w/ butter

9:00 AM: handful of almonds

11:00 AM: apple

12:00 PM: daily piece of chocolate

1:00 PM: mixture of Dole Italian Blend salad mix and Baby Spinach, diced green and red peppers, 1 diced chicken breast, southwest ranch salad; fish oil cap

6:00 PM: 3/4 of a Jack's Pepperoni Pizza (they are pretty small) w/ added green + red peppers, red onion, feta cheese, oregano, crushed red pepper, mozzarella cheese

9:00 PM: Smoothie - a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, berries, 1 scoop protein: total protein: 30-35 grams; fish oil cap

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2-3 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

11:00 AM: Apple

12:00 PM: Small piece of chocolate

1:00 PM: mixture of Dole Italian Blend salad mix and Baby Spinach, diced green and red peppers, 1 diced chicken breast, southwest ranch salad; fish oil cap

6:00 PM: 2 chicken thighs, 1/2 baked potato w/ butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and a lot of broccoli

10:00 PM: 1/2 Jack's Sausage Pizza w/ added mozzarella, crushed red pepper, oregano

*We'll truly see if pizza before bed helps my lifting!

7:15 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter; GNC Ultra Mega Green + Fish Oil Cap

10:00 AM: Pre-workout - cup of green tea

10:15 AM: Peri-workout smoothie - cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein

11:30 AM: Chinese Buffet (reward for good lifting day) - a lot of peanut butter chicken, broccoli, rice, teriyaki chicken, + 1 egg roll.

3:00 PM: Pre Workout - cup of green tea + apple

4:30 PM: Post Workout - handful of peanuts

6:00 PM: Grilled chicken breast (was marinated in worstershire and seasonings) over whole grain rice w/ broccoli and cheddar

8:15 PM: Large cup of coffee (extremely tired, but I have to stay up for the WEC)

For anyone wondering, the theory of pizza the night before lifting as aiding in hitting a new PR held true. I hit a new 1RM in Front Squat and Bench Press today. I felt really good in the gym. On another note, I've been eating too much to get down to 170 lbs. It's not a big deal if I don't get there (I arbitrarily picked that #), but I'd like to try. So far I've been able to gain strength while losing weight, which is great.

7:30 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2-3 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + Fish Oil cap

10:00 AM: cup of green tea, apple, handful of peanuts

11:30 AM: Ate out at a sports bar: appetizer was queso dips + chips. I got the sante fe chicken salad which is a chicken taco salad (chicken, lettuce, black olives, tomato, cheese in a taco salad shell w/ cilantro lime ranch dressing).

2:45 PM: Pre-workout cup of green tea

3:00 PM: Smoothie - cup of yogurt, 1 banana, ice, 1 1/2 scoops of protein.

6:00 PM: Dinner at parents' house (CHEAT MEAL) - 5 oz sirloin, about 7 fried shrimp (not jumbo), one small piece of fried fish, fried potatoes, side salad w/ ranch, small bowl of ice cream

Well I've been slacking on the diet lately. I'm weighing in at 174-175 most mornings now. I want to be at 170 lbs within the next 5 weeks. I need to step it up!

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2-3 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

11:00 AM: Apple

1:00 PM: turkey sandwich on whole grain toast w/ lettuce and mayo; side salad of baby spinach/spring mix with diced green + red peppers, feta + mozzarella cheese, oil + vinegar dressing; fish oil cap

4:30 PM: Peri-workout smoothie - 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein, ice

6:00 PM: 6 oz. filet mignon, basil pesto mashed potatoes, green beans

7:00 PM: pre-workout cup of green tea; fish oil cap

8:45 PM: smoothie - a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoop of protein, water

Making soup for dinner tonight in the crockpot. Hopefully it turns out good. Creamy broccoli, cheese, and chicken!

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2-3 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

1:00 PM: Turkey sandwhich on whole grain bun w/ lettuce + mayo, side salad of baby spinach/spring mix w/ green + red peppers, mozzarella + feta cheese, oil + vinegar dressing; fish oil cap

4:30 PM: Peri-workout smoothie: 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, 1 1/2 scoops of protein

6:00 PM: cup of broccoli, chicken, and cheddar soup (see post below this for what I used)

9:30 PM: 1/2 Jack's pepperoni + sausage pizza w/ added green + red peppers (I decided to have this instead of a smoothie)

Soup sounds good let me know how it turns out I may want the recipe.

Soup sounds good let me know how it turns out I may want the recipe.

It was decent. I completely winged it, as I think I haven't made soup in a long time. It tasted almost identical to Campbell's soup from a can, but to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of it from a can. I'm having a tough time pinpointing what it is, but I think I like more creaminess instead of the full cheddar flavor. Anyhow, here's the recipe. I did it in the crockpot, and I was at work most of the time. The cooking times are completely based around my lunch break and such. This is enough to serve 3 people or 2 hungry people.

Chop up 2 large chicken breasts. Season however you'd like - I used salt and pepper. Add just the chicken to the crockpot, but you'll need a bit of liquid in there. I really like Worstershire, so I put a little bit of that in there (NOT A LOT). I cooked this on low for about 5 hours while I was at work. I would have preferred to cook it less time (3 hours or so), but those are the breaks. At lunch, I added an entire bag of frozen broccoli, 4 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 can cream of chicken soup, and mixed really well. I turned the crockpot down to keep warm. I get home about 3.5 hours later, and I added a lot of broccoli. I did not measure, but it was close to 2 handfuls. The soup was looking to be thick/lacking liquid, so I added some water. I would have preferred milk, but we were out. I cranked it up to high. I let it cook another hour and a half. This is where the creation really turned into soup. I added a bit of sour cream to make it just how I like it in terms of texture/creaminess. Mix it well, and serve.

Like I said, for my taste, I think it had too much cheddar. My wife loved it though. The color was very yellow, where I tend to like the lighter color broccoli + cheese soup.

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

12:00 PM: small piece of chocolate

1:00 PM: Got some food from an open house for one of our Realtor customers. It was a small ham + cheese croissant and very small piece of pumpkin bread w/ cream cheese icing. I ate that, then ran home and had a small bowl of the broccoli, chicken, + cheddar soup from last night. Also had a fish oil cap.

4:00 PM: another small piece of that pumpkin bread w/ cream cheese icing

5:45 PM: 1/2 lbs cheeseburger (1/2 slice of cheese) on whole grain bun w/ lettuce, red onion, ketchup; bowl of broccoli, about 8 tater tots; fish oil cap

10:00 PM: Smoothie - a little yogurt, a lot of ice, 1 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein, water

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

1:00 PM: Turkey sandwhich on whole grain bun w/ lettuce + mayo, side salad of baby spinach/spring mix w/ green + red peppers, mozzarella + feta cheese, oil + vinegar dressing; fish oil cap

6:00 PM: Dinner at my parents (CHEAT MEAL - I FAIL!) - A lot of pizza (4-5 slices?), a couple boneless chicken wings, 1 breadstick, carrots + broccoli + veggie dip for snacks, brownie + ice cream for desert.

*That's it for the day. I went home, fell into a food coma, and didn't wake up until this morning!

1:00 PM: turkey sandwich on whole grain toast w/ lettuce and mayo; side salad of baby spinach/spring mix with diced green + red peppers, feta + mozzarella cheese, oil + vinegar dressing; fish oil cap

4:45 PM: Peri-workout smoothie - 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein, ice, water

6:00 PM: Italian Creamy Chicken (recipe from coworker) - slow cooked chicken breast in dry Italian dressing mix (with 1/8 cup of water) served over linguine w/ mushrooms + broccoli with a cream sauce (basically, cream of chicken soup + cream cheese). Very easy recipe.

9:00 PM: Smoothie - a little bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, handful of mixed berries, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein, ice, water

7:00 AM: 2 eggs scrambled with diced green + red peppers, 1/2 bratwurst diced in there w/ mexican blend cheese. 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter. 3-4 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

9:45 AM: Preworkout - cup of green tea

10:00 AM: Peri-workout smoothie: 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, water, 1 1/2 scoops of protein

12:00 PM: 1 1/2 cups of chili with a bit of cheddar cheese added to top, 1 peanut butter chip cookie (wife made it so I had to try one)

4:00 PM: Pre-workout - 1/2 banana, cup of green tea, fish oil cap

6:30: Mexican Restaurant for Dinner - Too many chips and salsa and then the Taquitos Guadalajara (2 flour tortillas w/ marinated steak, 2 flour tortillas w/ marinated chicken; guacomole, pico de gallo, sour cream, lettuce) - TOO MUCH FOOD

7:00 AM: 1 egg scrambled (out of eggs) with diced green + red peppers, 1/2 bratwurst diced in there w/ mexican blend cheese. 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter. 1/2 banana. 3-4 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

9:45 AM: Preworkout - cup of green tea

10:00 AM: Peri-workout smoothie: 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, water, 1 1/2 scoops of protein

12:30 PM: Lunch at parents - Tuna melt, grapes from fruit tray, broccoli + celery + carrots from veggie try, about 10-15 chips

4:00 PM: Post nap cup of green tea

5:00 PM: Stuffed Salmon Belle Mar (Basically salmon stuffed with crab meat and other things), whole grain rice, 9 spears of asparagus

9:00 PM: Smoothie - a little bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, handful of blueberries, 1 1/2 scoops of protein, water

Instead of adding water to the soup toward the end you could try heavy cream.

Instead of adding water to the soup toward the end you could try heavy cream.

I should have added heavy cream or milk. That was a fuckup on my part for not having the right ingredients. I told my wife today that I am going to make one soup per week now that it's getting cold. I think I'm going to do chicken noodle this week and vegetable next week. After that, I'll start getting into some more obscure shit.

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece whole grain toast w/ butter, 2-3 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

9:00 AM: handful of almonda

1:00 PM: Ceasar salad kit w/ an added chicken breast diced and a pinch of mozzarella cheese. Fish oil cap.

5:30 PM: .4 lbs cheeseburger on whole grain bun w/ red onion, lettuce, and ketchup; small bowl of broccoli; 6-8 small tater tots w/ ketchup

8:00 PM: Pre workout cup of green tea + fish oil cap

9:15 PM: Smoothie - a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, handful of blueberries, 1/2 banana, ice, water, 1 1/2 scoops of protein

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece whole grain toast w/ butter, 2-3 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

9:00 AM: handful of almonda

1:00 PM: Ceasar salad kit w/ an added chicken breast diced and a pinch of mozzarella cheese. Fish oil cap.

5:30 PM: 1/2 Freschetta Brick Oven Pepperoni Pizza w/ added diced green and red pepper

9:00 PM: 1/2 of my normal smoothie (see other posts), small plate of nachos w/ chicken, onion, salsa, lettuce, sour cream

Back