Multiple Personalities? Oblivian's Diet Log

Oblivian

Aging
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Weight: 174 lbs
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/oblivians-adaptations-753915/
Youtube Channel: YouTube - suttoncd's Channel

I completely edited this 1st post. Basically, I go through cycles of wanting to lose weight and then bulking. Basically, when bulking strength is my goal. When losing weight, cardio + maintaining/small gains in strength is my goal. The rest of this post will summarize what happened during each cycle.

Weight Loss Phase - 1 (8/17/09 - 11/1/09)
Weight = 186 lbs to 172 lbs (14 lbs weight loss)

Strength gain = Squats (+10 lbs), Bench (+5 lbs), Front Squat (+10 lbs), SOHP (+2.5 lbs), Push Press (+12.5 lbs), Overhead Squat (+10 lbs)

Conditioning/GPP gain = LSD Runs (3 miles to 5 miles), 50 burpee time (3 min 15 seconds to 2 minutes 25 seconds), Pullups (+1 @ BW), general improvement in timed runs + heavy bag/boxing work

Bulking Phase - 2 (11/1/09 - 1/28/10)
Weight = 172 lbs to 190 lbs (18 lbs weight gain)

Strength gain = Squats (+30 lbs), Bench (+5 lbs), Front Squat (+5 lbs),

Conditioning results = I only did conditioning a couple times, but I didn't feel that affected by bulking and neglecting conditioning.

Weight Loss - Phase 3 (1/29/10-4/30/10)
Weight = 190 lbs to 160 lbs (155 lbs with cut - 30 lbs weight loss)

Conditioning Gains = 5k from 21+ minutes to 19:02, 100 burpee time from 8+ minutes to 5:28, 50 burpee time from 3+ minutes to 2:09, LSD runs from 5 miles to 7 miles

Strength Gains = Strength actually decreased with weight loss, but I had gains in BW chins (20 to 23) and BW pullups (18 to 20)

Heavy on Carbs - Phase 4 - Strength Focus Only (5/1/10-12/31/10)
Weight = 160 lbs to 190 lbs

Squat: 365 lbs to 435 lbs (+70 lbs)
Bench Press: 255 lbs to 277.5 lbs (+22.5 lbs)
Deadlift: 475 lbs to 510 lbs (+35 lbs)
Push Press: 242.5 lbs to 275 lbs (+32.5 lbs)
Front Squat: 300 lbs to 355 lbs (+55 lbs)
SOHP: 187.5 lbs to 210 lbs (+22.5 lbs)
Overhead Squat: 205 lbs to 225 lbs (+20 lbs)
Power Cleans: 235 lbs to 250 lbs (+15 lbs)

Last edited:
OR most of the people that spew the same shit here don't actually eat right to the T or are a bunch of weak pussies.

I was thinking about this log last night. The first post is a bit too long-winded, but I'm going to leave it like that for a while. I'll probably update it with dates and what my weight fluctuated to during that time, along with general data on goals I hit. For example, if I quit dropping weight on 11/1/09 to start bulking, I'll put:

8/1/09-11/1/09: 186 lbs to 170 lbs (-16 lbs), +10 lbs on Front Squat, Push Press, Overhead Squat, etc., 100 burpee time down to 7 min 45 seconds from 8+ minutes, LSD runs went from 3 miles to 4.25 miles, 2 mile time is down to 13 min from 14+ min, etc.

The above is just an example. I'm fairly sure my #'s are close to those, but I'll check the log when the time comes. I'm going to start logging now since yesterday involved a big cheat meal. I'll typically log my previous days food all at once, but today I'm going to log as I go and edit in the other food. I already know what I'm having until noon, so I'll put that stuff in.

Morning Weight = 173.8 lbs (-.4 lbs recently, -11.8 lbs total)

7:45 AM: Omelette (two eggs, a dash of milk, handful of bell peppers + onion, 2 strips of bacon, and a pinch of "Mexican" cheese), 1 piece whole grain toast w/ a bit of butter, 2-3 cups of coffee, lots of water, cap of fish oil + ultra mega green multi w/out iron

10:00 AM: Pre-workout: Cup of green tea + fish oil cap

10:15 AM: Peri-Workout Smoothie (cup of strawberry yogurt, 1 1/2 scoop protein, banana, ice, water) - total protein = 45 grams

12:30 PM: Lunch (Post Workout) - Taco Salad (3/4 lbs ground turkey, lettuce, guacamole, salsa, a bit of southwest ranch, onion, tomato, 1 1/2 taco salad shells) - NOTE: I probably ate too much, but I had a solid lifting day.

3:00 PM: Pre Workout: Cup of green tea + apple + fish oil cap

4:15 PM: Post Workout: handful of almonds

6:00 PM: Moderate plate of whole grain rotini alfredo w/ chicken and broccoli + fish oil cap

9:00 PM: Smoothie - a little bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 handful of mixed berries, 1 1/2 scoops of protein - total protein = 40 grams; fish oil cap

Morning Weight = 174.2 lbs

NOTE: All drinks in this log are water unless noted. I drink A LOT of water throughout the day.

I'm not logging today's food intake until tomorrow, but I need to log this now because I know I'll forget it.

I just had a small chocolate w/ peanut butter from a Whitman's Sampler. Waits for *GASPS*. We often get these at work from our customers, and I typically allow myself one per day. They are small though.

Well I decided to go ahead and start logging today's. I would have a hard time remembering what all was in my salad, so it's probably best to do it this way. I'll edit in my later meals.

6:45 AM: 2 eggs over-easy, 2 slices of bacon, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2 cups of coffee, 1 fish oil cap, 1 GNC Ultra Mega Green multi.

9:00 AM: small handful of almonds

11:00 AM: Apple

12:00 PM: Piece of candy as noted in previous post.

1:00 PM: Dole Perfect Harvest Salad (pre packaged - mixed greens, carrots, dried cranberries, almonds, apple cidar vinagrette dressing) + added in chicken breast (3/4 of a breast?) + feta cheese (very little). NOTE: The salad pack said it served 3.5, but I ate close to the entire thing. It was only 160 calories per serving, but I didn't use anywhere close to the dressing they provided. I'm guessing I took in about 300-400 calories from the salad and then whatever else from the chicken + feta.

5:45 PM: 3/4 lbs turkey burger (patty was ground turkey, diced onion, garlic, guacamole, worstershire, salsa, garlic, + olive oil - small portions of everything but turkey), slice of onion, lettuce, whole grain bun, ketchup. Also had an ear of corn w/o butter.

7:45 PM (Pre Workout): Cup of green tea, cap of fish oil.

9:30 PM: Smoothie - a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 handful of berries, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of whey - total protein = around 40 grams

Morning Weight = 174.6 lbs

6:45 AM: 2 egg omelette w/ spinach and feta, 2 cups of coffee, one fish oil cap, one GNC ultra mega green multi (Light Breakfast)

9:00 AM: handful of almonds

11:00 AM: apple

11:30 AM: My daily chocolate piece from a Whitman's sampler. I think it was plain chocolate, but it tasted pretty rich.

1:00 PM: Dole Garden Salad (mixed greens, carrots, cherry tomatoes - the package said 80 calories for the entire thing) + added approximately of a chicken breast, a pinch/mini handful of mozzarella, and some ranch. Fish oil cap.

4:45 PM: Peri-workout smoothie - cup of berry yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, water, 1 1/2 scoops of protein (approx. 45 g. protein in smoothie)

6:30 PM: 1/2 cheap Jack's pepperoni pizza w/ bell peppers, mozzarella, and spices added

7:15 PM (Pre-Workout): cup of green tea + fish oil cap

9:00 PM (Post-Workout/Pre-Bed): Smoothie (a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, some berries, 1 1/2 scoops protein) - Total Protein = 40 grams

Morning Weight: 174.0 lbs

6:45 AM: 2 eggs over easy, 2 sausages, one piece of whole grain toast w/ a bit of butter, fish oil cap + GNC Ultra Mega Green multi

12:00 PM: My daily piece of chocolate. It was a really small ball of chocolate filled with mint.

1:00 PM: Spinach salad (Bed of baby spinach, bell peppers, red onion, feta cheese, 2 slices of turkey diced up, ranch + southwest ranch dressing) + fish oil cap. NOTE: I use a small amount of dressing compared to the average person.

4:45 PM: Peri-Workout smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops protein, water) - approximately 45 g. of protein

6:00 PM (Dinner/Post Workout): Mesquite-Teriyaki Pork Chop, 1/2 baked potato topped w/ a lot of broccoli, a little butter + sour cream, sprinkled with cheddar cheese

7:45 PM (Pre-workout): Cup of green tea + fish oil cap

10:00 PM: Smoothie (a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, 1/2 handful of mixed berries, 1 1/2 scoops of protein) - approximately 40 g. of protein total. Fish oil cap.

Morning Weight = 173.6 lbs. I'm down another .2 lbs. Today is my cheat meal day as I'm going to my parents' house for dinner. We are basically having an early Thanksgiving meal. We'll call it a trial run. I love Thanksgiving.

6:45 AM: 2 eggs over-easy, 2 sausages, piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2 cups of coffee, fish oil cap, GNC ultra mega green multi

12:00 PM: My daily piece of chocolate. We are running out of our Whitman's sampler. My nephew is selling chocolate for a school fundraiser, so I'll probably keep this routine of one small piece a day going. Preferably dark chocolate.

1:00 PM: Dole Perfect Harvest Salad Package (mixed greens, lettuce, dried cranberries, raisins, almonds, apple cider vinegarette dressing - total calories per package = approximately 500) + added 2 slices of turkey + small handful/pinch of mozzarella., fish oil cap

6:00 PM: HUGE cheat meal: Lots of each - Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy + roll, 2 slices of pumpkin pie (one topped with whipped cream)

9:00 PM: Fish oil cap

Awesome.

I cannot WAIT until Turkey Day. I expect to put on 5lbs that day or more, lol!

Morning Weight = 175.2 lbs (I must still be carrying around that cheat meal from last night!)

6:45 AM: 2 eggs over easy, 2 links of sausage, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ a bit of butter, 2 cups of coffee, fish oil cap, GNC Ultra Mega Green multi

12:00 PM: My daily small piece of chocolate

1:00 PM: Spinach salad (Bed of spinach w/ red onion, 2 slices of turkey, + ranch dressing added) - I did not eat the entire thing. It was not very appetizing today.

4:45 PM: Peri-Workout Shake: cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, 1 1/2 scoops protein, water - approximately 45 g. protein total; fish oil cap

6:30: Mexican Restaurant for Dinner - Too many chips and salsa and then the Taquitos Guadalajara (2 flour tortillas w/ marinated steak, 2 flour tortillas w/ marinated chicken; guacomole, pico de gallo, sour cream, lettuce) - TOO MUCH FOOD

8:15: Pre Workout - cup of green tea, cap of fish oil

NOTE: No workout after 8:15. My stomach was still full from the Mexican restaurant.

Morning Weight = 174.0 lbs. Today is another day that I'm going out to eat, so I'll be amazed if I lose any weight this weekend.

7:30 AM: 2 eggs over-easy, 2 pieces of sausage, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 3 cups of coffee, fish oil cap + GNC Ultra Mega Green multi

10:00 AM: Trail Mix Fruit N' Nut Granola Bar

12:30 PM: Lunch out at a nice Brewery - 1 1/2 rolls w/ butter, homemade chips + salsa, side salad w/ ranch, 12 oz. prime rib, baked sweet potato (TOO MUCH FOOD)

3:30 PM: Pre Workout - cup of Green Tea + fish oil cap

3:45 PM: Peri-Workout - Smoothie (cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, 1 1/2 scoops protein, water) - 45 grams protein

6:30 PM: Bowl of broccoli cooked in olive oil w/ garlic. NOTE: No dinner tonight. I'm stuffed from the lunch and the peri-workout smoothie.

9:30 PM: Smoothie - a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, small handful of mixed berries, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein - total protein is 40 grams; cap of fish oil

Morning Weight = 173.4 lbs (lost another .2 lbs)

7:15 AM: omelette (2 eggs, dash of milk, 2 pieces of sausage, spinach, 1/2 slice american cheese); 3 cups of coffee; GNC Ultra Mega Green multi + fish oil cap

9:45 AM: pre-workout cup of green tea

10:00 AM: Peri-Workout Smoothie - cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, water, 1 1/2 cups of protein (45 grams of protein)

12:00 PM: Small piece of salmon (6-8 oz.), 2 crabcakes, generous portion of green beans

2:45 PM: Pre Workout - cup of green tea, fish oil cap, apple

4:15 PM: Post Workout - cup of vanilla yogurt + handful of almonds

5:30 PM: Pot Roast - Roast, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, beef gravy - I had a decently big serving w/ a glass of milk. Today was a taxing training day, so the food was awesome.

9:00 PM: Smoothie - little bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, small handful berries, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein - approximately 40 g. of protein

Morning Weight = 172.2 lbs (I lost 1.2 lbs yesterday! Yesterday consisted of heavy deadlifts, push press, overhead squats, + I ran 5 miles, so I'm not surprised. Hopefully the weight stays around here or keeps dropping until I get to 170 lbs.)

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage, 1 piece of toast, GNC Ultra Mega Green + Fish Oil Cap; 2 cups of coffee

9:00 AM: Handful of Almonds

12:00 PM: Daily piece of chocolate

1:00 PM: Dole Italian salad mix (mainly Romaine) + added green pepper, red pepper, a bit of mozzarella, 2 cans of tuna, and a bit of ranch dressing. I did not eat the entire thing.; fish oil cap

4:40 PM: 1/2 Peanut Butter Sandwhich (SEE NOTES AT BOTTOM)

7:00 PM: Mexican Restaurant - Taquitos Guadalaras (2 flour tortillas grilled and stuffed with marinated chicken and 2 flour tortillas grilled and stuffed with marinated steak. Lettuce, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Pico De Gallo). A TON of chips and salsa.

9:30 PM: Smoothie (a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 scoops of protein, small handful of blueberries); fish oil cap

*I came home from work with a monster headache. I wanted to get something in my stomach before a nap, so I had a 1/2 peanut butter sandwich. I wasn't planning on eating out, but the nap sort of ruined the plans of cooking. I also took the day as a rest day from training.

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2 cups of coffee, fish oil cap + GNC Ultra Mega Green

12:00 PM: small piece of chocolate

1:00 PM: Dole Italian Salad mix (mainly Romaine) + added green peppers, red peppers, 1 1/2 cans of tuna, a bit of ranch dressing; fish oil cap.

4:40 PM: Peri-Workout Smoothie, 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 banana, ice, 1 1/2 scoops protein, water - approximately 45 g. of protein

6:00 PM: Chicken Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce - This dish is basically Chicken, Spinach, Rigatoni, Vodka sauce, and some Mozzarella cheese. I had a small/moderate portion.

7:00 PM: Pre-Workout - Cup of Green Tea + fish oil cap

8:45 PM: Smoothie - a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, 1/2 scoop of protein, water - approximately 40 g. of protein

Morning Weight = 173.6 lbs (so much for 172.2 lbs huh? Not sure why I gained so much back, but my weight isn't high still. I'm hoping to be 170 lbs by Nov. 1)

6:45 AM: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of whole grain toast w/ butter, 2 cups of coffee, GNC Ultra Mega Green + fish oil cap

12:00 PM: small piece of chocolate

1:00 PM: Dole Italian Salad (mainly Romaine) + added green pepper, red pepper, mozzarella cheese, 1 diced chicken breast, ranch dressing (sparingly); fish oil cap

5:30 PM: Warmed up Pot Roast from the other night. Roast, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, gravy. It wasn't very good warmed up, so the portion was moderate.

8:00 PM: Pre Workout cup of green tea + fish oil cap

10:00 PM: Smoothie - a bit of yogurt, a lot of ice, 1/2 banana, small handful of berries, 1 1/2 scoops of protein - approximately 40 g. of protein

Back