Multiple Hour Run

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by goosebumps88*, Apr 17, 2008.

1. goosebumps88*

goosebumps88* Banned Banned

Hey im coming off chest surgery and am finally getting the go ahead to workout. I have gained 6 or so pounds..maybe more because ive lost alot of muscle. I couldent workout for a month and a half. I remember when I was 12 or so on the weekends and id just got a treadmill I decided to run all day for a couple of days too get in amazing shape and just to see how far I could push myself lol. After that I went to an hour or so every day. What kind of affect does this have? Good or bad?

2. what???????????

3. RollinDownRodeo

RollinDownRodeo Blue Belt

On Rodeo with a shotgun on a quiet, peaceful day
    On what?

4. goosebumps88*

Well when you run like 4 hours and up is it positive or negative? Is that over training and negative or is it as simple as 4 hours running is 4 times better then 1?

5. SnowMongoose

SnowMongoose Blue Belt

Terrible English aside, you're going to see diminishing returns from "running all day" unless you're training to be a distance runner.

6. deadpool

deadpool H***an Chop!!

Depends on what the hell your looking for. There are races where people run all day (26+ miles, 50 mies, 100 miles). If this is what you want go for it, if you want to train for fights (this is of course an mma site), then I suggest sprints, interval runs, HIIT, etc.

7. goosebumps88*

Thanks thats the answer I was looking for. Sorry for my english guys I wrote the thread in abit of a hurry.