Muay Thai plum

Ohhhh.... curls, pullovers and peck deck? You're new here, right?

on second thought close grip reverse preacher curls will do wonders with your thai plum.. just be careful though you dont rip anyones head off because of your insane bicep strength

Well if your down in the 50 or 60 kg weightclasses and are going to be fighting in thailand you propably wont.

Now if your a big boned westerner that will compete in an 80 or 90kg or 100kg weightclass and will be fighting in Holland then that is another story.

For the later example I think deadlifts could serve you well at times...

hey!

Its glandular I tell you

I would suggest dumbell pullovers because they strengthen both the lattimus dorsi as well the tricep. This aswell the peck deck, because the pectoralis major comes into place when holding your elbows together to avoid him pummeling in and getting inside your clinch.

Rist rolls, curls and chinups aswell, for holding the person tight to you.

Finally i would suggest deadlifts, to give you a stonger lower back/hamstrings to avoid the person trying to back break you.

you're funny

*giggles*

Not wantin to start a new thread, did a search couldnt't find much - anyone got info on the actual clinch technique? I feel I need to work more.

When you are clinching someone, and you lock your arms around, how can you get them ina good position without taking like 5 uppercuts before you have full contro lof them lol?! Did some clinch work in sparring yestreday you see and it was making me think about a few things.. Thanks.

^^^

Clinch really is all about technique. I went and did 6 rounds of clinch sparring with my coach last night, and each one we'd focus on a different technique.
I'm probably a lot stronger than my coach in the weight room, but that dude can 1 arm clinch me and control me like I'm a little kid.

I remember Wanderlei hag a steel poll with a pad on it and a spring attached to the top, forming a "V" against the wall at his old home in Brazil that he used to pull down on and knee. It seemed like a great idea for pilling down on the head and strengthening those muscles.

I would suggest dumbell pullovers because they strengthen both the lattimus dorsi as well the tricep. This aswell the peck deck, because the pectoralis major comes into place when holding your elbows together to avoid him pummeling in and getting inside your clinch.

Rist rolls, curls and chinups aswell, for holding the person tight to you.
This city is not big enough for both of us. You're going to have to leave.

Benching and pressing is good for developing muscles that help you.......well, bench and press.

Repitition of the actual movement, or something as close as possible, is the best way to train these muscles.

I will say that one variation in the weight room that I've found is close and helpful is a cable pull down machine with a "special attachment" I made from some sch80 4" PVC pipe with nylon strap and D-ring. I think it mimics the neck and developes the forearm grip strength (which is what you are using most of BTW) to pull down on someone.

Also, as someone else mentioned the "squeeze" of the elbows together does require strong pecs but it is more endurance then brut strength.

Thank you for incorrectly answering a three year old question.

He's right, lifting weights only helps you get stronger with lifting weights, nothing else.

Nothing at all.

Back