Muay Thai instuctor won't let me train

He hasn't even met me how can he make that decision when he has never seen me fight??

I want to go down to the gym and give him a piece of my mind.

QUOTE=Toujourpret;23011196]You answered your own question. Your post reads like I know i know i know, and when i don't get my way i want to be confrontational. Based on your post i would not want to teach you either.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. ^

Maybe he doesn't want to teach you because of your past experience - it's hard to get peopel to RELEARN or change what they already know, techniques etc...

Or his class is full already etc. (A lot of classes are just in shitty gym 'studio rooms' or whatever so adding 'just one more person' can still be problematic because space is so limited.)

OR, rolling onto sherdog as 'acefighter', perhaps you're a douche.

By how you talk in general, perhaps you're a douche.

By your attitude, you're probably a douche.

The fact that you've ONLY spoken to him on the phone, and he's already rejected you, (LOL) coupled with that you've posted a post like this here (eg taken it as a 'personal' insult, what shall I do about it, blah blah blah, shall I go and give him a piece of my mind blah blah blah), suggests you definitely are a douche.

Where abouts in London are you? There are LOADS of clubs. (perhaps not loads, but a fair few lol.) If that's really the "only one in your area" I'd be a little surprised, but I guess it could happen - you might just ahve to travel further, I know there are more than a fair few weekly classes in central london. (An old instructor runs 3 or 4 around zone 1 & 2, my original instructor runs 2, tho one is out of 'central' london etc).

Mate you live in London there are tons of MMA, Thai or Boxing gyms. Look harder.

i would go there and just observe a bit, don't even let him know you were the guy that e-mailed him.

I going to go down there tonight.

He is the instructor, maybe your first impression sucked or maybe after talking to you he decided you were some kind of hyper wanna be; quoting all your experience and the training you do and how good you think you are. Since you think you rate to go down there and give him a piece of your mind kinda backs up that impression.

Ask a coach if he would rather have a rock or a lump of clay to mold into his kind of fighter. If you want to go in person try talking less and listening more, be a little humble, talk about wanting to compete and/ or increase your self defense ability.

Once you are in you can try to impress or ask for training to go pro or whatever you are looking for.

Maybe its all a test to see if you have the drive to come down and try anyway after being told no.

Only thing that is certain is that telling him off will only add a -1 to your choices of places to train.

Good luck

I spoke to him on the phone about what i wanted to acheive.I said about competing aswell which i really want to do.

I just a bit angry because i have wanted to doeMuay thai for 2 years and that is the only gym i could go to.

I see were you are comming from.

how old are you?

17 i'll be 18 in a few months.

You answered your own question. Your post reads like I know i know i know, and when i don't get my way i want to be confrontational. Based on your post i would not want to teach you either.

I don't agree at all. I don't think i know it all i just have done martial arts for most of my life.

Thanks everyone.:icon_lol:

I going to go down there tonight.

I spoke to him on the phone about what i wanted to acheive.I said about competing aswell which i really want to do.

I just a bit angry because i have wanted to doeMuay thai for 2 years and that is the only gym i could go to.

I see were you are comming from.
17 i'll be 18 in a few months.

I don't agree at all. I don't think i know it all i just have done martial arts for most of my life.

Thanks everyone.:icon_lol:

Ok joking aside, perhaps you were too full on, as in you know what you wana do and hwo hard you wana do it, so perhaps he didn't wana take on a full time wannabe (not disrespecting) fighter, eg someone totally green who hed hav to take from scratch with muay thai, reteach them ALL new and alien techniques, which you'd have been performing as based on your previous training, which would probably be wrong...

On the other hand - You've been wanting to do muay thai for 2 years, total bullshit (unless you had injuries or something you didn't specify), point is - there is LOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADS in London. So you can't have wanted to do it for 2 years and not found anywhere, and now you're saying there's only club you could go to (his) and you're pissed because he said no. Fuckin come on bro that's physically impossible, there are people in america that travel for 2hours to go to class, 2 hours travel from central london gets you almost to nottingham, which is halfway up the damn country.

I find it hard to believe that a huge city like London would be devoid of gyms.

Yeh, also if you dont drive you have no excuse seeing as you live in London. The transport system is good enough that you can train anywhere in the city. Or alternatively you can go to the many MMA gyms and train Muay Thai there.

you have to walk in there and challenge him in front of all his students. lol

you have to walk in there and challenge him in front of all his students. lol

And have a friend videotape the confrontation and post it on YouTube, then link it here please.

I asked for some advice not slagging me off!

Well about my Username My name is Asa and Ace what some people call me for short and i'm a good little fighter.

Everyone ripping on the TS needs to be realistic. If I tried to join a martial arts place and got rejected over the phone, I would be beyond insulted. You cannot judge someone over the phone like that.

Also, if he's been doing martial arts for as long as he has, he's probably decent.

Everyone ripping on the TS needs to be realistic. If I tried to join a martial arts place and got rejected over the phone, I would be beyond insulted. You cannot judge someone over the phone like that.

Also, if he's been doing martial arts for as long as he has, he's probably decent.

that's exactly the point.

what the hell kind of instructor is going to turn someone down based on what they say over the phone? it's a potential client, and i can't think of many gyms - or businesses - that are going go out of their way to turn down potential clients.

the most likely reason i can think of - and it looks like everyone else has the same idea - is that the OP must have said something really, really stupid. something that you COULD judge people over the phone for.

I'm betting that he has reached full capacity in his class and he is attempting to turn away people that want to join, but at the same time he is torn between making money or decreasing the quality of instruction.

It's possible.

he probaly has to full of a class and doesnt want to get over ran..

or

hes a mcdojo and since you are pretty experienced he doenst want to be shown up by you..

Both of those seem very possible

Agreed on both points. Additionally, all the possible reasons for being rejected ahve been covered - which leaves the TS helping himself - eg lazyness. (I can't find a club near me blah blah). I apologise to the TS for generally ripping you, but I still think the post just looks like you wanted to vent because you were annoyed/insulted as Michael suggested ^. If you live in London, there is NO excuse for not finding anywhere to train. At all.

love full contact fighting... started Boxing... good legs and love using elbows...

I spoke to him on the phone for a while why i wanted to train Muay thai and what i wanted to achieve...

I want to go down to the gym and give him a piece of my mind.

A few other people have said it already.

This demeanor, and your age, make you sound like a risky liability rather than an asset and bonus to the gym.

Maybe he can't train you because you're not 18?

Telling someone you love to use elbows can sound very, very... dangerous? flaky? I'd even go so far as to say 'asshole-ish'. I would hesitate to spar with someone who was telling me that he couldn't wait to throw 'bows in the gym. :icon_neut

there are no muai thai gyms in london england??? or london elsewhere??

We have no idea at all how that phone call went down

The TS might have come accross as an arrogant know it all jackass and the instructor just didn't want to deal with such a person or the instructor might be a total dick

we have no idea what really happened, all we know is the chemistry wasn't there :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back