Muay Thai instuctor won't let me train

Acefighter

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I have done Shotokan Karate since i was 8, i have also done a bit of Aikido and have Boxed for a year and a half. Have been wieght trainnig since i wa 14 and i sprint train as much as i can. Have love full contact fighting thats why i started Boxing and thats why i want to do Muay thai, seeing as i have got good legs and love using elbows and just hands isn't enough for me.

I have been looking high and low for a Muay thai gym in Lodon in my area, i finally found one and the instuctor won't let me become a member. I spoke to him on the phone for a while why i wanted to train Muay thai and what i wanted to achieve and then emailed him like he asked, i got a reply saying he couldn't take me on. I was completely shocked!!:mad:

He hasn't even met me how can he make that decision when he has never seen me fight??

I want to go down to the gym and give him a piece of my mind.

Please some advise would be good.

Hi,

I have done Shotokan Karate since i was 8, i have also done a bit of Aikido and have Boxed for a year and a half. Have been wieght trainnig since i wa 14 and i sprint train as much as i can. Have love full contact fighting thats why i started Boxing and thats why i want to do Muay thai, seeing as i have got good legs and love using elbows and just hands isn't enough for me.

I have been looking high and low for a Muay thai gym in Lodon in my area, i finally found one and the instuctor won't let me become a member. I spoke to him on the phone for a while why i wanted to train Muay thai and what i wanted to achieve and then emailed him like he asked, i got a reply saying he couldn't take me on. I was completely shocked!!:mad:

He hasn't even met me how can he make that decision when he has never seen me fight??

Please some advise would be good.

Did he specify any particular reason he wouldn't let you train? seems odd!

If No, find a different gym!

If it really is your only option in the area, go down and ask to speak to him in person for an explaination. No harm in asking.

Did he specify any particular reason he wouldn't let you train? seems odd!

No he didn't thats why i emailed him back but haven't heard anything.

If it really is your only option in the area, go down and ask to speak to him in person for an explaination. No harm in asking.

I think i might do that.

If there was another gym i could train at i would but that was my last option.

Thanks for the advice.

No he didn't thats why i emailed him back but haven't heard anything.

I think i might do that.

If there was another gym i could train at i would but that was my last option.

Thanks for the advice.

Good luck man. Guy sounds like a jack-ass. Who knows though?

he probaly has to full of a class and doesnt want to get over ran..

or

hes a mcdojo and since you are pretty experienced he doenst want to be shown up by you..

just show up to the place and pretend u never talked to him haha im serious then maybe you could join take a look if you even ike the gym u know

i would go there and just observe a bit, don't even let him know you were the guy that e-mailed him.

He is the instructor, maybe your first impression sucked or maybe after talking to you he decided you were some kind of hyper wanna be; quoting all your experience and the training you do and how good you think you are. Since you think you rate to go down there and give him a piece of your mind kinda backs up that impression.

Ask a coach if he would rather have a rock or a lump of clay to mold into his kind of fighter. If you want to go in person try talking less and listening more, be a little humble, talk about wanting to compete and/ or increase your self defense ability.

Once you are in you can try to impress or ask for training to go pro or whatever you are looking for.

Maybe its all a test to see if you have the drive to come down and try anyway after being told no.

Only thing that is certain is that telling him off will only add a -1 to your choices of places to train.

Good luck

did u tell him how u want to fight to avenge your brother? and was this the guy?
Kickboxer-DennisChan2_0ab1546d024af8e2cb3363c28ad7396e.jpg

just show up to the place and pretend u never talked to him haha im serious then maybe you could join take a look if you even ike the gym u know

x2

just show up and talk to him and pretend like you've never said a word to him before.

Maybe it's the fact you told him you wanted to learn Muay Thai to beat up your younger sister.

You answered your own question. Your post reads like I know i know i know, and when i don't get my way i want to be confrontational. Based on your post i would not want to teach you either.

Back