Muay Thai instuctor won't let me train

what is the schools webpage? From my experience in MMA some coaches like the "tough" guys to join...

Fuck it find another gym. It's weird you even bothered calling him and emailing him and shit instead of just going down there checking it out and plopping down some cash to join. Why fuck with all the courtship over the phone? Just go join up like any of newb to muay thai.

update us on what happened. this is hell weird.

but again, going to a gym and talking to the the person that runs it is the best thing to do initially, rather than calling or e-mailing...

Everyone ripping on the TS needs to be realistic. If I tried to join a martial arts place and got rejected over the phone, I would be beyond insulted. You cannot judge someone over the phone like that.

Also, if he's been doing martial arts for as long as he has, he's probably decent.

Yeh its a bit of a dick move by the trainer of that establishment, but like I said there is plenty of places to train in London so he shouldnt make such a big deal out of it. If anything, he saved himself time and money by finding out that that gym sucks without even going there and he can now move on and find a good place to train.

Thanks for everyones for your input.

I went down there and it was because i wasn't old enough! He said you have to be 18 to join.
He recomended some other good gyms that would take me.:icon_chee I don't know why he didn't say that inthe first place!!

I have found another gym thats near me that does Muay thai and MMA, so im going to go down there next week its supposed to be a wicked gym! I had heard about it but could never seem to find out were it was, but i asked a friend of mine who told me.

Thanks everyone for your advice, i probably did post because i was a bit angry but i just wanted to no ehat you guys thought about it.

Thanks for everyones for your input.

I went down there and it was because i wasn't old enough! He said you have to be 18 to join.
He recomended some other good gyms that would take me.:icon_chee I don't know why he didn't say that inthe first place!!

I have found another gym thats near me that does Muay thai and MMA, so im going to go down there next week its supposed to be a wicked gym! I had heard about it but could never seem to find out were it was, but i asked a friend of mine who told me.

Thanks everyone for your advice, i probably did post because i was a bit angry but i just wanted to no ehat you guys thought about it.

I want to go down to the gym and give him a piece of my mind.

I think the instructor may be more insightful than you imagine ... or you may come across as a know-it-all disrespectful person he doesn't wnt to be associated with as this phrase indicates.

He prolly didn't want to totally discourage you so he gave you the benefit of the doubt and said you weren't old enough. He prolly meant, "mature".

did u tell him how u want to fight to avenge your brother? and was this the guy?
Kickboxer-DennisChan2_0ab1546d024af8e2cb3363c28ad7396e.jpg

Thats great!!

Hi,

I have done Shotokan Karate since i was 8, i have also done a bit of Aikido and have Boxed for a year and a half. Have been wieght trainnig since i wa 14 and i sprint train as much as i can. Have love full contact fighting thats why i started Boxing and thats why i want to do Muay thai, seeing as i have got good legs and love using elbows and just hands isn't enough for me.

I have been looking high and low for a Muay thai gym in Lodon in my area, i finally found one and the instuctor won't let me become a member. I spoke to him on the phone for a while why i wanted to train Muay thai and what i wanted to achieve and then emailed him like he asked, i got a reply saying he couldn't take me on. I was completely shocked!!:mad:

He hasn't even met me how can he make that decision when he has never seen me fight??

I want to go down to the gym and give him a piece of my mind.

Please some advise would be good.

I think he's afraid he won't be able to break old habits with you or that you will resist learning some things. I think your chances would have been much more likely if you didn't mention anything about prior experience.

If you're still interested in him, then let him know that you're willing to start from scratch (and be willing to). In my opinion teachers shouldn't be like that and it's kind of a warning flag that maybe they think they're all that but really aren't. Just my opinion though on that.

He already said, "I went down there and it was because i wasn't old enough! He said you have to be 18 to join.".....

I think the instructor may be more insightful than you imagine ... or you may come across as a know-it-all disrespectful person he doesn't wnt to be associated with as this phrase indicates.

He prolly didn't want to totally discourage you so he gave you the benefit of the doubt and said you weren't old enough. He prolly meant, "mature".

Bit harsh. Its pretty believable that they dont want under 18s training, maybe for Insurance purposes, or the guy that runs the club just wants an adult atmosphere and doesnt want to be babysitting peoples kids at his Muay Thai sessions.

Back