1. Server maintenance is scheduled for today between 11AM and 2PM ET. The site will go down for 15-20 mins. We'll try to get it done before noon.

Muay Thai Gym Q&A

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by cali_chute_boxe, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SnwMnkys White Belt

Ya if I remember right that seems true. Mornings were focused on a lot of technique and bag work. I hadnt trained for 8 months and it was the first stop of a 5 month trip so I skipped a lot of the morning sessions. I left Santai for Phuket and regretted not staying at Santai for longer.

2. Luke Calvert Smooth Operator

so it's confirmed, i'm going to train in thailand for a month departing brisbane on the 24th jan. my coach pointed me to fairtex pattaya so that's where i will be training, he trains there every year. i will mostly be doing muay thai with a bit of mma and bjj in there as well. i plan to have my first muay thai fight near the end of my trip, i think i'm due for one. about me, i've been doing muay thai for 5-6 years, bjj for 5 and some mma and stand-up wrestling. i've been a bjj blue belt for over 3 years now and have been in quite a few comps. i've just never competed in striking. i do pretty well at sparring since i have trained in thailand before. pattaya is near my family so it's in a convinient location and is within my budget, i'm staying at a cheap hotel/apartment for a month so that frees up my budget a bit. my coach is an mma coach and a bjj brown belt.

3. Hatake88 Blue Belt

Sounds good! Will be booking my spot there very soon - thanks for all your help!

4. jenseb99 White Belt

So last time I went to thailand I trained at Sitjaopho in Hua Hin, Ramba Somdete in Pattaya and FA Group in Bangkok.
    But, I did not once go to the beach or anything else than training.
    This time around I would like to train but also experience the beaches and beautiful spots of the south of Thailand.
    I am a big guy, 193cm and 100kg, so although I prefer smaller gym, I can't really go to a mostly thai fighters oriented gym, but I have absolutely no interest in going to camps like Sinbi or Tiger.
    Here are the places I've been thinking of.
    Singpatong Sitnumnoi: It would be my first choice but it's in Patong and the night life thing does not interest me at all.
    Yodyut Muay Thai: Seems legit. Price are fair and seems like a good location.
    Sinlapa formerly Kaewphitak : In Phuket, also seem legit, good location.
    Phuket Fight Club
    Phuket King
    I would really appreciate advice and comments.
    Thank you

5. SnwMnkys White Belt

Pot Bunpot runs/owns? Phuket King. Hes a bigger Thai and a master clincher. Ive had friends train there with him since he was their trainer at Sinbi when he was head trainer there. They had good things to say about the gym other than the location is in Phuket town.

Absolute MMA took over the old Lion Muay Thai location. Has smaller classes, seems to always be bigger westerers to train with there, and is in a good location.

What about Rawai Muay Thai just north of Phuket in Khao Lak? Beautiful beaches. Not hectic and overcrowded like on Phuket.

6. jenseb99 White Belt

Thanks for the advice.
    I think I will head to Koh Samui, but I am giving some thoughts to Rawai.

7. Cauliflowerarse White Belt

I’m looking to start going on training holidays to Thailand for up to a month at a time. I love the idea of the training packages where food, accommodation and unlimited training is included. I will be going with the missus so not looking for any hardcore/ego driven places just somewhere in a nice area to relax in the sun and train couple times a day.

I have a massive preference on normal boxing (western boxing) and have seen some gyms that offer this but looking for recommendations on places with plenty of western boxing classes and tuition and not 100% Muay Thai only can someone recommend some places?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  8. Icanseeu Yellow Belt

Fairtex Muay Thai in Pattaya is good. Say in the north grandne centre point is good hotel for you and the wife, has a mall to. Say out of the bars or you wont go back to the gym or worst you will go drunk and get nothing from it.

9. Cauliflowerarse White Belt

Thank you very much I’ve never come across that place on searches yet. Yeah we are not going to drink and party this is a healthy training holiday we have other holidays planned for drinking. Actually looking forward to getting some sun while not undoing months of training cause drinking and eating crap everyday.

have you personally been to Fairtex in Pattaya?

10. malatesta White Belt

Hey guys, first post here.

I am looking to go to Yodyut for a month over March/April, but then started wondering whether there were other countries that I could spend 4 weeks and train where it might be cooler weather and I could learn the language.

I spotted a thread on here about best camps outside of Thailand, but haven't been able to find it again on the search - anyone remember? Or got any recommendations for gyms in France/Spain/South America?

Or should I just cut the crap and go Yodyut/Lamai?

11. Icanseeu Yellow Belt

Chuto boxe Sao Paulo Brazil, I didn't have the time to go but it's good so I've heard.

12. Noodles03 Green Belt

How come you’re not interested in training in Sinbi?