1. Server maintenance is scheduled for today between 11AM and 2PM ET. The site will go down for 15-20 mins. We'll try to get it done before noon.

Muay Thai Gym Q&A

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by cali_chute_boxe, Sep 24, 2009.

1. HBadger89 White Belt

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, new to the fighting world, and I live in San Francisco. I would like to ask for your input/recommendations for a muay thai gym here. I am not looking to be a pro but I do want to learn and get "good". Any suggestions. Live near japantown and work literally down the street from rise combat in the mission.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. drbolony -El Styles-

Uhhhhh guys, did Johnny Walker just purchase Chokcahi Muay Thai in Phuket?

3. Alex9987 White Belt

was doing a kick boxing class and the student i was paired up with had a strong roundhouse kick, i was holding thai pads for him. i told the student to kick lighter and he did as it was hurting my arms, but instructor came along and edged him to kick harder even when student said yea he cant handle the kick . i could take it for 6 kicks but after that my arms started to really hurt. i evaded one kick as it was too hard and instructor said you need toughen up.

i think instructor was trying in injure me. my arm is bruised also got feeling instructor doesnt like me as he didnt come along and give me pointers in my technique but he did with other studentss

whats your thoughts.

4. esum80 แทงเข่าขวา

i would go train with jongsanan in a heartbeat if i was in SF

https://www.woodenmanmuaythai.com/

5. Ryukyu Damashi Ryukyu Damashi

Muay Thai might not be the sport for you.

6. Noodles03 Green Belt

Hi, are there any gym updates in Bangkok? The reviews post that I saw here were about 6-7 years old.

7. TrumpSupporter God Lord Emperor Of Legos Double Yellow Card

i i 25/8. the answer is always no.

8. TrumpSupporter God Lord Emperor Of Legos Double Yellow Card

i am the school of Buck the tiger. He taught me well. he died in combat. vs me

9. OCGSC Blue Belt

Any good gyms for somebody that is getting back into muay thai and is very rusty?

10. Chivato Purple Belt

hello everybody, whats the muay thai mma training scene like in pattaya these days? heading there for atleast 6 months in october/november and i am working on my fitness to get ready for it.

11. MMA_Wrestling93 White Belt

Anorak is highly recommended by myself

12. Noodles03 Green Belt

I have fear of thunderstorms and I want to know how do you guys survive the thunder storms in Thailand?

13. pajcek White Belt

One quick question out of interest, what size gloves do fighters usually wear for training(bag and pads) and what for sparring in Thai camps?

14. Hvacguy White Belt

Going with a buddy to Phuket soon, soi ta-ied.

Hes training at Phuket Top Team. I was going to go to Suwit but cant find recent reviews on it. Last one i saw in the thread was like 2013. Anyone have any feedback on the place?

Thanks!

15. drbolony -El Styles-

Wondering the same actually, prices are INSANE, and they have their own stadium. There are reviews from this year on their website btw. They have two sites for some reason, the updated one has no mention of Suwit in the domain name for some reason.
    http://www.muaythai-thailand.com/muay-thai-camp-reviews-2019.html

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  16. London MMA Yellow Belt

I've been to Soi Tai Ed in Phuket twice in past 2 years, each visit was for 5 weeks. I really recommend it! Try and go for at least a month, else you won't enjoy the true benefit: it takes 2 weeks to get to a higher baseline and the real magic happens from week 3 onwards.

For Muay Thai and other fighting sports, I suggest you look at CMT (perviously called ChokChai) (beginners and intermediate) and Tiger or Phuket Top Team (intermediate and advanced).

For general fitness and crossfit, I suggest you look at Titan Fitness (beginner and intermediate) and Unit 27 (intermediate or advanced). But I really like Titan because of its unique fitness community feel and onsite clean eating restaurant.

The soi itself is fantastic, plenty of very healthy places to eat, very little nightlife so not much distraction, and yet only a 10-15 drive away from bright lights, beaches and entertainment.

Check out Brad Newton on Youtube who has made many excellent VDO's explaining how the soi works, and is accurate in his reviews.

17. Hatake88 Blue Belt

How is Phuket Top Team nowadays? I've heard they do really big classes and there are some gym bros there...

I'm juggling between it and Sutai as the latter since seems smaller but more friendly (at least that's what I've heard)?

18. Cole train Silver Belt

Been hearing that for muay thai best gyms are in bangkok?

Just a rumor i heard

19. Basileos White Belt

Hello,

I would like to fly to Bangkok for four weeks in November and train Muay Thai. It is important for me that there is an attached accommodation, with me a private room + bathroom and Wi-Fi sufficient. Ideally, the gym already has a set price scale.

If anyone has an updated idea or suggestions, I would be happy about it.

20. megan White Belt

There's heaps in Bangkok, I'm trying Kiatphontip next year it has accommodation, food, and training package. The one that has the bathroom as ensuite is 1300 baht per day (including training, food, accommodation) for stays more than 2 weeks. They have cheaper options with share bathrooms etc. http://www.kiatphontipgym.com/rates/
    If you Google Muay Thai camps Thailand a very good website should come up which gives you an idea on loads of different gyms.