• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mt. Rushmore of 155 lb. fighters.

I'll save you guys the heartache of listing them in numerical order. Plus it's about time a thread like this was created. Long over due. So what say you?
Khabib, Edgar, BJ, Poirier, Tony Ferg

Edit: Mt. Rushmore is only 4 so take out Tony I guess

Strange how many calling for RDA.
I mean, man's had a great career no doubt, but Mt. Rushmore?
Not even close tbh

Khabib, BJ, Melendez, and Gomi.

Khabib as the top.

Prime BJ should be up there as well

Rda has a claim as he starched/dominated Benson, Pettis, Cowboy, and Nate. He was also a champ

Benson had good defenses, but questionable decisions. Pettis looked good at his peak.

Tony and Dustin should be included for having great wins, but neither won the undisputed belt.

Strange how many calling for RDA.
I mean, man's had a great career no doubt, but Mt. Rushmore?
Not even close tbh
I mean he dominated and starched Benson and Pettis. His careers has ups and downs, but at his peak without a bad weight cut, he was a monster, only losing to Khabib during his run through the LW division.

Khabib, BJ, Frankie, Bendo

Khabib because obvious.
BJ in his prime had terrific hands, jits, and cardio. Multiple defenses.
Frankie. Only had 1 defense but his title fights were epic and he had tremendous heart.
Bendo gets the nod over a host of others because he not only defended multiple times but he helped innovate the game (e.g. calf kicks).

I mean he dominated and starched Benson and Pettis. His careers has ups and downs, but at his peak without a bad weight cut, he was a monster, only losing to Khabib during his run through the LW division.
I'm definitely not arguing that he's not great, but mt rushmore is a stretch imo.

Pulver, Penn, Gomi, Edgar since its a mout Rushmore so listing older dominant LWs makes more sense. Jens was the LW champ of the first era, Gomi the middle era when UFC didn't have a LW division and BJ and Edgar when UFC LW division came back.

Khabib, Tony, Dustin , Frankie, maybe Do Bronx very soon. BJ Penn can go fuck himself, or arrested or knocked out again by fat bums

Must be new to MMA i'm guessing?

If you don't have Jens on your list .....

I'm definitely not arguing that he's not great, but mt rushmore is a stretch imo.
He is a LW that has the ability to defeat almost any LW. He won the title against someone the UFC practically pushed heavily, and defended it extremely well, starching Prime Cowboy in about 1 minute.
Even his losses were close, he got poked in the Tony fight. Against Alvarez he had a terrible weight cut and passed out the night before the fight, he should not have been cleared to fight. RDA doesn't have any questionable wins unlike other candidates.

His resume speaks for himself, he has all the checkboxes for a LW GOAT candidate/ Mt Rushmore candidate. Maybe you can tell me where he lacks? idk how Pettis or Benson can be considered, but not RDA.

I think everyone's list should include Khabib and BJ at the very least. After that it's relatively subjective.

BJ had a lot of extraordinary skills for his time and can't be denied that he was a phenom back then. Regardless of how he conducts himself now, which I don't agree with, he has a legit case being on Mt. Rushmore for the all time greats of the lightweight division...
He got beat up by a featherweight in his prime ....

Must be new to MMA i'm guessing?

If you don't have Jens on your list .....
Jens? just because i dont put some oldschool guys on list doesnt mean i am new to it, just shows how sport evolves.

Why are you saying things online that you would never say to the person's face ?
and you know that how? i am more than capable saying things to someone if necessary, and why would i feel bad for expressing my opinion about this, gtfo you favella :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back