Mqzzegatti should be fired!!!

If the Sclera of the eye is not reddened, he was not gouging the eyeball. It does look like he put alot of pressure on the orbitals, but not the eye.

But honestly why didn't jake just gouge him back?? I would full out gangs of new York on thst dirty brazilian

Ones an eye poke the other is a blatant eye gouge, u have to watch the fight and see how he repeatedly gouges his eyes to understand how ridiculous it was

I watched the fight. I'm not trying to downplay the eye gouges. They were explicit and I was furious because I don't like Palhares. However, I'd bet $100 against a $10 that Shields would have finished him even without the gouges.

As for the entire fight, it most certainly could have had an effect, especially considering that Shields said immediately after that he couldn't see. There's a decent chance he could have walked away with a decision victory.

I would've gouged his eye back if I were Jake Shields to prove a point. Then see if Maz would do something about it.

But then again, an eye for an eye makes the world blind :(

Good lord.
Paul Harris with the 3 Stooges Strategy

I can't believe how many times Jake got his eye's gouged, a lot of people will criticize Palhares for being dirty, but the whole point of the referee is to enforce the rules, Palhares fought a fight where the rules weren't being enforced and took advantage of it.

I've never seen such an incompetent ref before

Sorry but you have the wrong angle here you are making the ref the main person at fault and that could not be more wrong, yes he was incompetent BUT he would not have to enforce the rules if they were not broken in the first place, fire both, but let's not forget who the main douche is.

I would've gouged his eye back if I were Jake Shields to prove a point. Then see if Maz would do something about it.

Maybe Paul Harris studied Shields fight tapes and was prepared for that tactic.

5LNQeCm.jpg

pRRVwIe.jpg

YeBZR0b.jpg

shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif

did he actually stick his finger in his eye ball? If not, then he hasn't really gouged his eye.

The pic I saw yesterday was more face scratches close to the eye

A fighter that depends on 95% of his fights going to a decision should not be gouging eyes.

Should have been fired ages ago. He's literally a danger to the fighter's health.

Back