Mqzzegatti should be fired!!!

JoshR86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I can't believe how many times Jake got his eye's gouged, a lot of people will criticize Palhares for being dirty, but the whole point of the referee is to enforce the rules, Palhares fought a fight where the rules weren't being enforced and took advantage of it.

I've never seen such an incompetent ref before

Mazzagatti's got a bad rep. He's just a bit lenient; should have taken at least one point away. But the result was probably going to be the same with how gassed Shields was going into the third.

Nonetheless, Shields should be reprimanded for the sucker punch.

how bad where the eye gouges? i havent seen any video of it yet

Mazzagatti's got a bad rep. He's just a bit lenient; should have taken at least one point away. But the result was probably going to be the same with how gassed Shields was going into the third.

Nonetheless, Shields should be reprimanded for the sucker punch.

A bit lenient?? Shields be penalized? ? Lol yea I'm not bitting but nice troll attempt

Agreed with the first 2 posts.

I was screaming at the TV for most of the second half of the second round. Mazzagatti should have taken a point from Palhares the third or fourth time it happened. After that, if he continued, it should have been a DQ.

It didn't necessarily change the fight. I don't think Palhares was ever in any real trouble on the ground, but it was still ridiculous to watch, especially considering that there were 39 warnings and no repercussions whatsoever.

I find it laughable how many MMA fans think that successfully attacking your opponents eyes has no effect on the outcome of a fight.

Agreed with the first 2 posts.

I was screaming at the TV for most of the second half of the second round. Mazzagatti should have taken a point from Palhares the third or fourth time it happened. After that, if he continued, it should have been a DQ.

It didn't necessarily change the fight. I don't think Palhares was ever in any real trouble on the ground, but it was still ridiculous to watch, especially considering that there were 39 warnings and no repercussions whatsoever.

I dunno, Jake seemed to be fighting with the Ref half the round, that shit would seriously fuck with your head, and affect your game

The boys at Zuffa should have offed him after the Lesnar/Mir fight.

saw those pics and damn that sucks

Yikes! I didn't see the fight but from those pics that looks like some serious eye gouges.

Yup there was like 8 blatant eye gouges, Mazzagatti warns him on the 2nd, stop the fight and warns him on the 5th and threatens to take a point, and then warns him again on like the 8th, give or take an eye gouge

shields should bendo the rematch and eye poke him back with the toothpick

I dunno, Jake seemed to be fighting with the Ref half the round, that shit would seriously fuck with your head, and affect your game

True, but he didn't threaten in the first round with anything and same goes for the second. A few solid elbows but nothing close to fight ending.

Throw in the fact that Shields has only 3 finishes by KO/TKO, the last time being 8 years ago, and Palhares has never been subbed, I'd say that the fight was never close to being stopped, even if Jake had been focusing on Palhares instead of yelling at Mazzagatti all that time.

For the record, I was rooting for Shields because Palhares is dirty as hell. But it would be a lie to say that Shields had more than a 2% chance of finishing at that point.

if jon jones can do it in every single fuckin' fight and get away with it, I don't see what the big problem is with palhares.

True, but he didn't threaten in the first round with anything and same goes for the second. A few solid elbows but nothing close to fight ending.

Throw in the fact that Shields has only 3 finishes by KO/TKO, the last time being 8 years ago, and Palhares has never been subbed, I'd say that the fight was never close to being stopped, even if Jake had been focusing on Palhares instead of yelling at Mazzagatti all that time.

For the record, I was rooting for Shields because Palhares is dirty as hell. But it would be a lie to say that Shields had more than a 2% chance of finishing at that point.

He didn't need a finish, he was up 2 rounds, I'd argue that between the eye gouges and incompetent reffing Jakes focus wasn't where it should be, he probably could've defended thst submission, and hang on for a round and take the decision

Ones an eye poke the other is a blatant eye gouge, u have to watch the fight and see how he repeatedly gouges his eyes to understand how ridiculous it was

He didn't need a finish, he was up 2 rounds, I'd argue that between the eye gouges and incompetent reffing Jakes focus wasn't where it should be, he probably could've defended thst submission, and hang on for a round and take the decision

Can't argue that much. I would say the odds were 50/50 given the fact that even the SLIGHTEST mistake (Palhares bucking and almost grabbing Jake's leg) could result in a fight ending submission.

I would really like to see the fight overturned and be ruled a no contest but that will never happen.

It would be a great rematch to see, though.

It was a five-round championship fight.

Back