Movies you saw because the trailer misled you

JadeOwl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to the movies and I saw August: Osage County. I was expecting a comedy, or at best a dramedy because that

[YT]?v=I6WYHagWdeE[/YT]

This movie. Thought it was going to be a war movie turned out it was a bad love story and the only scenes where there is combat going on are shoved into this one trailer.

Godzilla and Prometheus spring to mind.

Jackie Chan's First Strike. The preview kept talking about "This time, he's fighting for America!". I'm pretty sure that movie takes place in Australia or some shit.

I don't watch trailers. Fuck them

Marlee and Me...

From the commercials, I thought it was a comedy. Turned out to be the saddest movie conceivable.

Marlee and Me...

From the commercials, I thought it was a comedy. Turned out to be the saddest movie conceivable.

I almost went to see that one but someone warned me about what it really was about in time.

Monuments Men. I thought it would be like Inglorious Bastards with George Clooney. Left 20 minutes in.

the wrestler

for some odd reason i thought it was a comedy

but that movie hit me pretty hard

That movie with will Smith and his stupid kid on that alien planet.

Spring Breakers. I hadn't watched the trailer but wasn't expecting what it turned out to be. It was a pleasant surprise actually and I loved the movie.

From Dusk Till Dawn is probably a prime example though.

Spring Breakers. I hadn't watched the trailer but wasn't expecting what it turned out to be. It was a pleasant surprise actually and I loved the movie.

From Dusk Till Dawn is probably a prime example though.

I second this. I think I saw a teaser trailer or some small clip. I was expecting a girl's version of The Hangover.

That movie was weird as shit. I like it, but I have no idea why.

Fearless. Thought it was going to be Jet Li's last movie ever based on the trailer

[YT]-bBay_1dKK8[/YT]

I was under the impression that they didn't give away the vampires in the trailer. I am pretty sure back then when I watched that movie, I didn't know it was about vampires, maybe I just heard it from somebody that they made the trailer for it without showing vampires. I guess I was wrong.

Back