Movies you saw because the trailer misled you

I second this. I think I saw a teaser trailer or some small clip. I was expecting a girl's version of The Hangover.

That movie was weird as shit. I like it, but I have no idea why.

haha I don't know why I liked it either but I thought James Franco had a masterful performance in that movie, I just loved his character and his acting for some reason.

[YT]-bBay_1dKK8[/YT]

Really? That was the trailer?

But it gives away the halfway plot switch!! I thought people went in not knowing it had vampires in it. That they thought it was something like Pulp Fiction.

That trailer is a very good representation of what that movie was about.

The happening, after earth, amazing spiderman 2...

ONLY GOD FUCKING FORGIVES

Grand Torino came off as a gritty drama to me in its trailer - but found the majority to be hilarious

Looper

The telekinesis shit really threw me off from what I expected and I didn't recover to enjoy the movie

Krull.

Talk about a fucking let down.

Stranger Than Fiction - Starring Will Ferrel and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I remember when they were promoting that movie they focused on one thing and one thing only, Will Ferrell's stupid humor, so it thought I was attending one of Wills usual stupid, but enjoyable comedies. Turned out to be mostly a drama. Because I was expecting stupid humor, I was disappointed. But the second time I watched it, knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised. Very decent movie.

What exactly were you expecting them to be after seeing the trailers

good movies ? You could quote the whole damn thread with that remark but you chose me. I'm honored.

Cloverfield.

Trailer led me to believe it would be quite good.

The reality was, it was turd.

A big turd.

Black Christmas 2006, because none of that shit that happened in the trailer was in the movie

Bruno. The trailer looked promising. I expected a Borat quality movie and got a huge piece of shit instead.

How "about threads you read because the title misled you". "Lil' Debbie Creampie"

How "about threads you read because the title misled you". "Lil' Debbie Creampie"

^lol

I was quite misled by the trailer for The Village. I went in expecting human vs mysterious forest creature conflict and was left wanting.

Akira.

I thought it was going to be about motorcycle gangs from the clips and pictures i had seen of it. I was excited. Sat through the whole movie and at the end i was just like "Wtf did i just watch?"

Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Back