• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies that were close to fantastic, but ended up pretty bad.

Prometheus

Tron: Legacy

The Grey

All these movies were really close to being very good, but they had a few things wrong with the script, tone, or overall production that took them from the brink of very good and knocked them all the way down to pretty bad. Any others?

Batman vs. Superman should have been a great movie, but it sucked. Very poorly directed and edited. Some of the writing and dialogue sucked too.

I enjoyed Tron: Legacy. I think it gets too much hate.

The day the earth stood still.. remake.

I wouldn't say it was bad but the Lost World of Z could have been really good.

Just watched Nightcrawler and it would've been awesome if it wasn't for what I saw as a bunch of plot holes. Jake Gylenhaal (sp?) was great and I loved the cinematography, but the rest of the execution was pretty poor. I can't believe it got such good reviews.

law abiding citizen

fuck jamie foxx

Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg

First half was fantastic, second half was mediocre.

Just watched Nightcrawler and it would've been awesome if it wasn't for what I saw as a bunch of plot holes. Jake Gylenhaal (sp?) was great and I loved the cinematography, but the rest of the execution was pretty poor. I can't believe it got such good reviews.

I liked nightcrawler quite a bit. Wasn't as realistic as it thought it was, but it was entertaining and Jake was good.

Last edited:
been ages since i saw it so i cant even remember exactly what i didnt like about it, but i do remember being so pumped up immersed into V for Vendetta during the first 1/3 of movie thinking i was about to watch something truly special only to have it end completely underwheleming for me.
That stupid fucking movie. All style, poli-sci philosophy 101 substance.

I like the second half as much as the first these days. Has much more to say.
me too

when i was real young, i didnt get it..but as i got older, i started to understand

the real horror of war is watching ones you love die and you living

Sabotage with Arnold
Yeah the setup and the cast should have been a can't fail, but instead it felt rushed and nothing had the impact it should have.

Triple 9 was another one in the same vein. Great premise and great cast poorly executed.

I liked The Grey. Haven't seen the other two.

If I am to contribute a movie to the thread, I'm throwing in Don't Breathe. Had an interesting premise, but then it kept shitting its pants.
But the turkey baster full of old man cum was fucking classic.

Back