Movies that are super iconic and you can't not have not heard about them but have never seen

Well, yeah, if you count movies like, from the 1990's and beyond, there are a ton I haven't seen and don't plan to. That goes for most of the superhero movies. I don't know, something just isn't compelling to me about seeing Hollywood actors dress up as heavily modified versions of characters I grew up loving. It's like a popstar covering all my favorite 80's metal tracks, or something. Plus, they just don't look that interesting to me.

But I mean, Titanic, Independence Day, countless moves from the past 30 years that were huge that I never saw, which are probably part of the pop culture fabric in many ways. I was sorta only thinking about awesome, classic movies when I saw the thread title (like The Warriors or They Live), I guess because this was Sherdog and it's a pretty macho place.
never seen independence day either

never seen independence day either
I haven't seen Men in Black either. My biology class in 10th grade almost forced it upon me because we watched part of it during class, but somehow we only wound up watching the beginning.

I haven't seen Men in Black either. My biology class in 10th grade almost forced it upon me because we watched part of it during class, but somehow we only wound up watching the beginning.
lol men in black was great, i saw it in theaters when it came out

The Color Purple
When Harry Met Sally

a bunch of quintessental 80's rom coms and social justice movies

lol men in black was great, i saw it in theaters when it came out
How old were you when it came out? There's no way I could deal with a movie starring Will Smith in all his pretty-boy glory; way too many of my female classmates were constantly swooning over him and his music was also being played constantly, including in pep rallies. I like Fresh Prince of Bel Air basically, though. But that's more so for Hilary.

How old were you when it came out? There's no way I could deal with a movie starring Will Smith in all his pretty-boy glory; way too many of my female classmates were constantly swooning over him and his music was also being played constantly, including in pep rallies. I like Fresh Prince of Bel Air basically, though. But that's more so for Hilary.
i was prolly around 8 or 9. i also watched fresh prince alot after school

giphy.gif

i was prolly around 8 or 9. i also watched fresh prince alot after school
See, that's a different world bro. I had to deal with high school girls constantly expressing their affection for him and people of both sexes constantly blasting his music for whatever reason. I will never forget, watching that movie in class, when Smith delivers that line about making it look good, a cheerleader loudly declared, "Mmmmhmmm, SHORE DO BABY!" He was up there with boy bands as far as annoying objects of female adulation.

None of the LOTR films.

Watched all the Hobbit films with my son. I felt violated afterwards.

Citizen Kane
12 Angry Men
Unforgiving
Shane
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Joh Wayne war movies
Once Upon Time in The Old West
Reservoir Dogs

saving private ryan was good. thin red line was kinda meh imo
I can't force myself to sit thru 3 hrs of WW2 drama.
That's why I haven't watched it yet.

I don't trust anyone who hasn't seen Jaws.

But I don't trust anyone who has seen Jaws either.

So do whatever you want.

What if you haven't not heard of not it but not haven't not heard that you haven't not not heard not of it, never ever ever?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back