Movie Battles 2.0 #22: Fallen Vs. The Devil's Advocate

DA, I love that movie. Pacino is tremendous.

The Devil's Advocate was a great movie. Plus it's got topless Charlize Theron, which should automatically qualify it for an Academy Award.

I love Fallen, but Devil's Advocate is a far better movie IMO. Any movie where Keanu Reeves doesn't irritate the shit out of me has to be doing something right, and I obviously don't need to mention Al Pacino.

"Lose? I don't lose! I win! I win! That's my job, that's what I DO!"

The Devil's Advocate was a great movie. Plus it's got topless Charlize Theron, which should automatically qualify it for an Academy Award.

283124_det.jpg

I don't want to see the whole movie, just the Academy Award winning scene.

You should also check out for her um, other Oscar worthy scenes:

2 Days in the Valley
Head in the Clouds
The Burning Plains

Dragonlord has outed himself as Mr. Skin.

Last edited:
Very tough choice but I'm gonna have to go with Fallen. TDA is fun and Charlize Theron is a goddess but that's not enough to bump it ahead of this underrated classic.

I'm a big fan of Devil's Advocate, so went with that. Fallen was good too and I love Denzel, but I enjoy DA more.

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!

Freedom, baby... is never having to say you're sorry.

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!

Freedom, baby... is never having to say you're sorry.

Pacino was so good in that movie.

He can rant with the best of them.

I still get chills at the speech in Any Given Sunday

Back