Movie Battle - Alien (1979) VS Aliens (1986)

That was the moment I fell in love with Alien3. Conceptually that film was way better than Aliens. Course the execution wasn't exactly flawless. Still, I'll watch Alien3 over Aliens any day of the week.

^^^ this man speaks the truth.

Aliens, Cameron #crushed it.

"they always come out at night..."

Also, I appreciate the criticism of Prometheus but enjoyed it enough to overlook the obvious flaws.

I recall reading a thread on it here, but can't find it.
Heard the script's complete for a sequel.

That was the moment I fell in love with Alien3. Conceptually that film was way better than Aliens. Course the execution wasn't exactly flawless. Still, I'll watch Alien3 over Aliens any day of the week.

Conceptually it was but the execution as you said wasn't perfect. I felt if it was directed better it would've been a classic. But it's not and you can't really go back and fix it now can you? And David Fincher directed it too he's usually money, with moody noirish ambiance.

Maybe that's why it failed? It did feel like Se7en just with Xenomorphs in it. It's like he doesn't know how to shoot fast paced tense scenes.

Never seen Aliens. Voted Alien bruddahs.

Never seen Aliens. Voted Alien bruddahs.

Voting for Alien is a vote for Harry Dean Stanton, and ain't nothing wrong wit dat!

Aliens is worth seeing. Great action adventure sci fi space Marines flick with a touch of bitch-fight sauce.

I watched both and yes they are quite different, for some reason I didnt enjoy the pacing of Alien, plus pacing was not to my liking. In that sense I really enjoyed Aliens, I mean you have space marines, a Alien Queen and the loader, plus bad ass Ripley.

Proper pacing prevents piss poor pacing.

I watched both and yes they are quite different, for some reason I didnt enjoy the pacing of Alien, plus pacing was not to my liking. In that sense I really enjoyed Aliens, I mean you have space marines, a Alien Queen and the loader, plus bad ass Ripley.

Yeah i still like alien but felt it could drag at times(cue you like Michael bay explosion fests) and i like what they did ripleys role more so in the second one.

alien has not aged well. aliens, on the other hand, is one of those movies like jurassic park that was made at the perfect time so that the effects are terrifying and will hold up forever. it's gotta be aliens for me.

I don't see how this is so close. Aliens is the Champ.

Hudson, "Hey, Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez, "No. Have you?":icon_twis

Hudson "That's it man gameover. Gameover man."

I remember there was another movie poll and the entire thread was one quote from Aliens after another.

Back