Movie Battle - Alien (1979) VS Aliens (1986)

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't recall this being debated with a poll, so I thought I'd lay this down to see what Sherdog considers to be the best movie of the two.

Please consider that this isn't a debate of genre, or which had better direction, action, scariness, or whatever else. Just consider that 34 and 27 years after their original release, which one is the better movie as a whole?

alien-1979.jpg

Aliens-Poster-Movie-Poster.jpg

Aliens by far imo,.., gas, guts, glory, and tough tenderness!

Alien was great. But Aliens was the GOAT.

Alien would give almost any other movie a good fight, but in this case it's not even close.:cool:

Two excellent films that are too different to compare.

I think Alien is by far the better film so it has my vote, but it's suspense as opposed to action so it has no chance of winning this poll on Sherdog.

I think Alien is by far the better film so it has my vote, but it's suspense as opposed to action so it has no chance of winning this poll on Sherdog.

Sums up my thoughts as well.

I wouldn't say it has no chance because Alien is suspense, and Aliens is action. Many consider Predator (1987) to be GOAT, even above Terminator 2 and Aliens, and it's more suspenseful, than action.... or maybe it's the perfect blend of action and suspense.

Anyway, at first the poll was 7-0 Aliens, and now it's 9-7 Aliens... so we have race gentlemen.

Alien fo sho. Never been a fan of Aliens, shit's boring

Aliens.

Aliens nukes Alien from orbit, just to be sure.

Game over man!

two different types for movie ... one is for kids the other is for adults .. i don't need to explain which is which ... you all know ..

might i remind you that in Aliens Sigourney Weaver gets into a goofy loading mechanism before having a clumsy slap-and-tickle fight with the queen, all while spouting off one-liners.

I like Aliens, I do...But we talkin' Alien, son. ALIEN.

Alien is the better movie because you don't know what you're going to watch. it's a science fiction/horror masterpiece. Aliens is an excellent science fiction movie, but you expect what you are going to see.

aliens
saw it when i was 7
scared me for years

do people actually think Predator is the GOAT film?!
it's not even Arnie GOAT
the character is better than the film

Both great films but Alien takes this for me.

Alien more suspenseful
Aliens more action

I wouldn't say it has no chance because Alien is suspense, and Aliens is action. Many consider Predator (1987) to be GOAT, even above Terminator 2 and Aliens, and it's more suspenseful, than action.... or maybe it's the perfect blend of action and suspense.

Anyway, at first the poll was 7-0 Aliens, and now it's 9-7 Aliens... so we have race gentlemen.

This is a pleasant surprise.

two different types for movie ... one is for kids the other is for adults .. i don't need to explain which is which ... you all know ..

The only reason anyone Aliens could possibly considered a kids movie is because of the action figures released in the mid 90s.

Alien was completely original for its time, but the format was copied upon so many slasher flicks over the years it really watered down its appeal.

Aliens all day. I used to draw some badass aliens back in the day, I think they fucked up the franchise with how bad the AvP movies were. Resurrection sucked too.

These 2 might be I the same franchise,but as others have said,they're 2 different genres. So I not voting,all I can say is it depends what mood I'm in as to which 1 I watch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back