Movie Battle - Alien (1979) VS Aliens (1986)

Bobby Boulders participation will be most dramatic IMO.:)

He threatens people with physical harm if they disparage Alien.

lol

Hey, if it gets him to post I'd be cool with that.

If you were here for the last thread tho (which I think you were).. this could get real interesting

I prefer Aliens, but they're both great films. The other ones.. not so much.

You're joking right?

Nearly every other sequel in Hollywood did what James Cameron didn't do for sequels, copy the original and hopefully duplicate the box office returns.

Cameron pushed for a longer playtime than the original, wrote the screenplay himself, worked as an executive producer for the film, and rather than just do another horror movie he made it a Vietnam-esque war movie in space.

If you want to see what any other Hollywood director would have done for the sequel to Alien, watch Alien3 and see how a franchise can be truly fucked by a horrible sequel.

I appreciate your point of view, but writing, producing and fighting for creative control over a bad film does not make it good.

Being Vietnam-esque, or cleverly referencing any other genre for that matter; taking a franchise and altering its direction rather than aping the original and attempting to repeat its commercial success; not being Alien 3: none of these things make Aliens a good film.

Your taste in video games, on the other hand, is obviously impeccable.

Alien is the better movie.
Aliens is the better movie to watch over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

I liked alien3, but that probably says a lot about me.

[Yt]UGX2WE4QUw8[/MEDIA]

Your taste in video games, on the other hand, is obviously impeccable.

Thank you.

Btw, if you disliked Aliens, stay the hell away from last year's 'Aliens: Colonial Marines.'

Here's a humorous video review to explain why.

It's like getting to choose between banging Alison Brie and Scarlett Johansson.

You're joking right?

Nearly every other sequel in Hollywood did what James Cameron didn't do for sequels, copy the original and hopefully duplicate the box office returns.

Cameron pushed for a longer playtime than the original, wrote the screenplay himself, worked as an executive producer for the film, and rather than just do another horror movie he made it a Vietnam-esque war movie in space.

If you want to see what any other Hollywood director would have done for the sequel to Alien, watch Alien3 and see how a franchise can be truly fucked by a horrible sequel.

this is why i like Aliens and Terminator II
Cameron has great artistic vision
his sequels aren't formulaic

lol

Hey, if it gets him to post I'd be cool with that.

If you were here for the last thread tho (which I think you were).. this could get real interesting

yep, I'm on my third (well forth -but account 2 went down in days so it doesn't really count) account -so I've seen Bobby on the horror hilarity many times.

He's had a rough go in the last year.

Let's hope he's doing better and gets in here and hurts some Alien offender...lulz

Voted Aliens. I really enjoy both films, but Aliens was the one I watched over and over when I was little. It's just so damn quotable.

Really hard to choose. They are two of my favourite movies, but I enjoy them for different reasons. The cast is amazing in both as well.

Aliens pulls into the lead... Again.... Wow...

This is like the Terminator 2 and Predator poll.

Aliens. But I don't like this battle. Aliens did have its share of suspense Gearsolid. The best part was when they were all in the room watching the aliens get closer and closer on the motion trackers.

Aliens. But I don't like this battle. Aliens did have its share of suspense Gearsolid. The best part was when they were all in the room watching the aliens get closer and closer on the motion trackers.

100% agree. Alien has more suspense scenes, Aliens has BETTER suspense scenes.

I'd say the motion tracker scenes, Newt and Ripley trapped in the room with facehungers, and rescuing Newt from the Queen... And then the false ending (we all thought the Bishop picking them up was the end of the movie, right?) which led to the Queen fight.

I guess I was agreeing that if a movie has more action, that means it has less success. Not true with Aliens.

I voted Alien because I think Alien is better as a horror movie and Aliens was more of an action first then horror second. The first movie had a lot more tense scenes and a better climax.

Plus it had old Bilbo Baggins being awesome and Tom Skerrit in it.

Tough call, went with Aliens just because of the awe inspiring sci-fi violence.

The entire visiting of the crashed spaceship in Alien is one of the best sequences of film in sci-fi/suspense/horror....just a huge WTF is going on moment. The space jockey, huge immense ship and cargo hold and then capping with the moving egg...brilliant

Aliens I could rewatch any day but Alien is just an insanely good film

Back