Mousasi says he’d beat Whittaker

Moose does terribly against karate stance fighters because of his flat feeted traditional must Thai stance. It would look like Rose Vs Joanna, Whittaker blitzing and Moose unable to time him.

So does Whittaker just ask him how his loss to Wonderboy went

Moose does terribly against karate stance fighters because of his flat feeted traditional must Thai stance. It would look like Rose Vs Joanna, Whittaker blitzing and Moose unable to time him.
The fuck ??? He might still be " a little " flatfooted ( this is mma not boxing and hes considered one of the best boxers in mma).This is not the flatfooted fighter we saw agsinst king mo or the one who destroyed jardine while " un orthodox ly" standing.
Psst- its 2019 and hes the current #3 ranked middleweight in world ( USA today- thee most widely used rankings that are not " just ufc")
I think it's safe to say that the well rounded veteran and elite hasnt seen anything alien to him and hes only gotten better over 16 years and shows no mma mileage at age 33.
It doesn't even make sense- paradox.

Think about it- in the history of sport ,theres no one that can equate where hes been - accumulated a 46-6 record over every top promotion and a perfect 8-0 kboxing record and we're seeing best version of him now at 33. Fighting since 17 and outside his first couple teen years, hes been champ to top 10 the whole way through. Think about this. The man has never dropped 2 in a row which speaks volumes of his fight IQ( again- look at the guy - hes 33 and looks like a fresh 29 year old- think THINK) and his personal to demand to evolve after the few setbacks hes suffered.

I've made this challenge before and nobody has been able to come up with a correct answer ( cause there is no one).

That said, mousasi is beatable just like everyone else. Hes also been honest enough to say when he starts losing a few in a row , the fat lady will clear her voice.

Last edited:
Are you serious ? 12-3 under zuffa 9-3 UFC and he beat who they put in front of him ??? He got to #3 somehow before he fought out contract. That's what we call " successful " if not "very" considering he fought out his final contract at 7-1 and they tried to do bisping title fight only to have that coward decline and I quote" bisping mousasi is bad for business" ...." I'm the champ and I call the shots".

He broke his orbital/eye socket 45 seconds in ( to shlemenks credit) and still won. Do you own a brain? He was an 8-1 favorite and hed be a 7-1 favorite in a re match.You people are like stupid - (sorry).
Always complained? Heres the truth of the matter - if it wasnt for Andetson Silva , Mousasi might still be in UFC and champ.
I'm glad you brought up Thales Leites .This is the guy who walked down bisping for 25 in a split 3 months before mousasi DESTROYED the same leites on the Anderson bisping card. I bring all this up cause Mousasi Bisping was the original main event before Anderson s name came up and obviously Bisping went for switch. That doesnt happen and whole middleweight timeline and domino effect goes out the window as Gegard would of been healthy favorite vs Mike and would've beaten him up like one. No title shot for Bisping .This not the first time Anderson has swooped down and stole a fight from Gegard inUFC. He did it at UFC 200 as well but was glad about that one as Mousasi MADE EASY WORK OF THIAGO SANTOS( as long people going to reference fights 5 years ago, I'll reference one a few years ago).
He was the first to throw in hat agsinst Cormier and the first and only to throw in hat agsinst Rumble when DC went down.
Rumble declined and was refreshingly honest why.
You give YOUR OPINIONS and you dont know half the shit you're going on about.

Hes 46-6 and has done it collecting titles ( over 2 weight classes)in every top organization ( outside UFC where he was on his way) over 16 years and is 33 and in prime now ........ and shows no mma mileage.
We call that a paradox. ......my friend( so respectfully dont put Barao and mousasi in same sentence)

Oh and Mousasi outsruck the backing up (greased up)machida for 25 minutes to a tune of 66-35( check stats). Try watching important fights with mute button on here and there.... you might learn something. Btw, I had machida winning 5th round and sig- strikes to win 48-47 just so you know I'm being honest.

Oh - and the "hulking "jacare didnt " son" mousasi on the feet- lol. He implemented his game plan frustrated mousasi on the ground for 3 rounds before gegard succumbed but defended well as long as he could. " Hulking" Jacare did dominate fight ( have to be honest) and caught mousasi a few times on feet cause gegard was fighting on heels against someone looking to ground him( watch Anderson vs Chael 1). He didn't even out strike him let alone " son" him. Anyways- grateful for that particular fight cause Gegard Mousasi changed everything after that fight. He trained like an elite with a team behind him instead of an elite fighting on raw ability and calling on " his brother" as lead trainer and handling all his training responsibilities .

This is an education and you should thank me----- dont get me started about his 90 day negotiation period AND WHAT ACTUALLY WENT DOWN. Of course- IM SURE- you know little about that.

Do you know who Raphael Lovato jr. is ?
( I'm guessing no). Hes probably the pound for pound #1 bjj player in mma today( yes- including maia, jacare SHIELDS).
At polaris ,he just dominated Jake Shields ( pure bjj) a few months ago.

This is mma though so mousasi is in prime and should be a decent favorite but anything can happen. I'm just bringing up cause all sherdog cockroaches just waiting to jump on one of the best middleweight s in world today[ mousasi]...if not , thee best who wont get credit from the un educated .
I'm not talking about the people who come on here and actually have a brain to go with this mma thing.

Stop referencing fights that happened 5 years ago. You come across silly.

You're welcime.

Dude, you can write whatever you want. The fact is he couldn't get it done against the elite in the UFC. He had his chances. 2 big fights against Machida and Jacare. It sucks, because I'm not a Jacare fan and I wanted him to beat Machida, but the fact is he lost those fights.

He was the first to throw in hat agsinst Cormier and the first and only to throw in hat agsinst Rumble when DC went down.

Who cares? That counts for nothing because those fights didn't happen.

Do you know who Raphael Lovato jr. is ?
( I'm guessing no). Hes probably the pound for pound #1 bjj player in mma today( yes- including maia, jacare SHIELDS).
At polaris ,he just dominated Jake Shields ( pure bjj) a few months ago.

I've seen Lovato, but again, who cares? This fight hasn't even happened yet. Why did you even bring this up? It says nothing about Moose at all until he's actually fought him lol.

Stop referencing fights that happened 5 years ago. You come across silly.

Most of the people that come on here making it out like Moose is the MW GOAT and would smash every top UFC MW do so trying to argue it based on his Pride fights or fights that happened years ago or the streak he left on. Otherwise what is there to base all those claims on? A final streak in the UFC made up of a string of mostly wash-ups and journeyman that ended with Weidman on a 2 fight skid? Then Schlemenko and the smaller and inconsistent Rory? Meanwhile Rob's fighting guys like Romero. There's a stark difference.

No one's saying he isn't one of the best. I'd say he is, myself, but I don't see how he just walks through everyone, because that's how people make it out. If he were that good, he would have done that in the UFC. He wasn't good enough when it mattered against the better comp, and when he could've pushed for another try at the end of his UFC career, he left instead.

I can use your opinion straight back at you.

Did you see what Thompson hit him with? He didn't even go fully out lmao.

That aside Moose dropped from lhw to mw . Gets knocked out by hall. * whom whittaker easily dealt with * and subbed by Jacare. Whom Whittaker starched.

Not to mention Rob is undefeated at mw. Moose is not. Plus they have some common opponents. To somehow make the assumption that moose destroys Rob is laughable in so many ways imo
Ok but Hall landed a full power spinning back kick that moose ducked right into, a flying knee, and punched and still was trying to fight
Whitaker is tough as shit but the amount of damage he took vs Romero was potentially career altering
Moose and Jacare are 1-1 and Jacare was at his peak in 2013, dude is a fossil now
I don’t think he’d destroy him at all but it’d be a great fight and moose could win

I think Rob wins it myself, but would be a great fight.

this post is so stupid it gave me a headache. which makes me sad.
Im happy I made you sad. Moose fans are the biggest delusional fan base on here. You would think he was a long reigning UFC Champion but hang on.... never even got to a title fight. LOL! You can keep on dreaming about eventualities that never happened.

Pretty much agree. I like Moose well enough. But he's very inconsistent. On his day he could compete with any fighter. But he's not always at his best by any stretch. People saying he would walk through Bobby Knuckles are delusional.

He left ufc on a 5 fight streak, went 7-1 in his last 8 ufc fights including avenging the loss.

In his final streak he KOd Weidman, Santos(who's about to fight Jones), Vitor and Uriah Hall.

His only UFC losses were Machida (Moose says Machida was juicing for this one), Jacare and got caught by Uriah Hall and avenged it.

So does Whittaker just ask him how his loss to Wonderboy went
Since when Wonderboy is Muay Thai styled? This comparison has no bearing on the stylistic difference Moose vs Whittaker has.

Dude, you can write whatever you want. The fact is he couldn't get it done against the elite in the UFC. He had his chances. 2 big fights against Machida and Jacare. It sucks, because I'm not a Jacare fan and I wanted him to beat Machida, but the fact is he lost those fights.

Who cares? That counts for nothing because those fights didn't happen.

I've seen Lovato, but again, who cares? This fight hasn't even happened yet. Why did you even bring this up? It says nothing about Moose at all until he's actually fought him lol.

Most of the people that come on here making it out like Moose is the MW GOAT and would smash every top UFC MW do so trying to argue it based on his Pride fights or fights that happened years ago or the streak he left on. Otherwise what is there to base all those claims on? A final streak in the UFC made up of a string of mostly wash-ups and journeyman that ended with Weidman on a 2 fight skid? Then Schlemenko and the smaller and inconsistent Rory? Meanwhile Rob's fighting guys like Romero. There's a stark difference.

No one's saying he isn't one of the best. I'd say he is, myself, but I don't see how he just walks through everyone, because that's how people make it out. If he were that good, he would have done that in the UFC. He wasn't good enough when it mattered against the better comp, and when he could've pushed for another try at the end of his UFC career, he left instead.
I'm glad stipe,rda,rockhold and t-wood ( all who have HAD EARLY SETBACKS in UFC tenure) just to bring up a few dont listen to your mentality. Lol, they would never hold UFC gold.
You can write what you want but use your brain. I'm pretty sure weidman fight speaks volumes about evolving and being confident in fighting out his contract( chris was only a fight or 2 removed since being champ- pretty sure he qualified as elite-lol). In fact - after getting taken down by THE LARGER ELITE WRESTLER/BJJ PRACTITIONER, he got right the fuck up- giving him his back/neck.

Do you people understand the term " evolve ".
Stop referencing fights that happened 5 years ago. You dont come across too ...well - not going to insult you.

The fuck ??? He might still be " a little " flatfooted ( this is mma not boxing and hes considered one of the best boxers in mma).This is not the flatfooted fighter we saw agsinst king mo or the one who destroyed jardine while " un orthodox ly" standing.
Psst- its 2019 and hes the current #3 ranked middleweight in world ( USA today- thee most widely used rankings that are not " just ufc")
I think it's safe to say that the well rounded veteran and elite hasnt seen anything alien to him and hes only gotten better over 16 years and shows no mma mileage at age 33.
It doesn't even make sense- paradox.

Think about it- in the history of sport ,theres no one that can equate where hes been - accumulated a 46-6 record over every top promotion and a perfect 8-0 kboxing record and we're seeing best version of him now at 33. Fighting since 17 and outside his first couple teen years, hes been champ to top 10 the whole way through. Think about this. The man has never dropped 2 in a row which speaks volumes of his fight IQ( again- look at the guy - hes 33 and looks like a fresh 29 year old- think THINK) and his personal to demand to evolve after the few setbacks hes suffered.

I've made this challenge before and nobody has been able to come up with a correct answer ( cause there is no one).

That said, mousasi is beatable just like everyone else. Hes also been honest enough to say when he starts losing a few in a row , the fat lady will clear her voice.
If you bothered to read my other post just below that one, I meant he is comparatively flat footed due his stationary Muay Thai stance. You can list the amount of his wins all you want, but we are talking about top fighters, not some ordinary fighters, and Moose did poorly against top fighters who had the karate way of keeping distance and blitzing.

If you bothered to read my other post just below that one, I meant he is comparatively flat footed due his stationary Muay Thai stance. You can list the amount of his wins all you want, but we are talking about top fighters, not some ordinary fighters, and Moose did poorly against top fighters who had the karate way of keeping distance and blitzing.
No - I took all that in.
Let me ask you a question. Machida is 40 not 50 and is still competitive. If IF Mousasi wins saturday and machida happens to be next ( karate is karate), what do you think opening betting line would be ? Or let's say wonder boy moves up one class ( like everyone LATELY in UFC has been doing and winning as a healthy underdog on top) and were to fight Mousasi, what would you open odds at ?

*MMA fighter asked a question in an interview*
*answers question*
Sherdog: "Ugh, why do fighters just say things like this?!"

I'm glad stipe,rda,rockhold and t-wood ( all who have HAD EARLY SETBACKS in UFC tenure) just to bring up a few dont listen to your mentality. Lol, they would never hold UFC gold.
You can write what you want but use your brain. I'm pretty sure weidman fight speaks volumes about evolving and being confident in fighting out his contract( chris was only a fight or 2 removed since being champ- pretty sure he qualified as elite-lol). In fact - after getting taken down by THE LARGER ELITE WRESTLER/BJJ PRACTITIONER, he got right the fuck up- giving him his back/neck.

Stop referencing fights that happened 5 years ago. You dont come across too ...well - not going to insult you.

I'm only stating the facts on Moose's UFC career. It's not something you can argue. His results speak for themselves.

What mentality are you talking about? We're talking facts and results here. All of those fighters you mentioned picked themselves up, proved that they could beat the elites by actually beating them (Moose was never able to do even this) and by actual winning belts in the UFC (Also something Moose wasn't able to do). It's got nothing to do with mentality. It's the results of fights that actually happened.

With the Weidman fight, it's not like Moose was blowing him away. And yeah, Weidman was the champ 2 fights before that, but he's been finished by Luke, and then smashed by Romero. We're talking about a guy who has won 1 out of his last 5 and Moose got him in the middle of that. That shows you where Weidman was and now is.

I understand evolution well enough, but what's Moose's? He evolved from beating non-elite while losing to the elite ones in the UFC to beating Schlemenko and a fattened up WW who also couldn't hack it in the UFC. Because he done that he's somehow a lock to walk through everyone who beat him before and all the elite in UFC? What?

You can have a go at my intelligence all you want. I'm only laying out the facts here for you. No one needs to reference fights that happened 5 years ago. You can reference any of Moose's recent ones if you like. He hasn't beat any elite UFC MWs at all, except maybe Weidman, but like I said, 1 win out of his last 5 for Weidman. Otherwise it's Bellator and fattened up Rory. Taking shots at someone's intelligence when you were the one bringing up Lovato, a guy Moose hasn't even actually fought yet, and a potential fight against Cormier back in the day, which didn't happen at all, is laughable.

We need to stop talking about "moose fanboys"

It's basically been 55% guys who think it would be a close fight and Whittaker would be a slight favorite. 40% who think it would be a close fight and Moose would be a slight favorite. And one person writing books on why he thinks any opinion other than his is entirely out of the question. It's pretty clear to me that most people are rational, and the term "fanboy" should be singular, not plural.

I think Mousasi would win, he has better striking, more striking power and a better grappling game though Whittaker has very good defensive wrestling.

Back