• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mousasi says he’d beat Whittaker

You think just because hes not unorthodox that he wouldn't struggle with Bobby? K...

Just because he fought in k1 doesn't make him higher level. Just watch them fight its plainly obvious that Bobby is better on the feet.

You think those jabs are going to work on Bobby? Hes too fast, too good, too diverse. Moose would get hurt trying to strike with Bobby.

I never said the fight would be easy, but yes IMO Mousasi would win. He's outstruck everyone he's ever fought other than 3 unorthodox strikers and Jacare in a small octagon while Jacare was at his peak(and he's 1-1 with him).

Whittaker is not unorthodox and he doesn't have Jacare's takedowns, ground game or punching power. IMO they are similar strikers in that they stick to the fundamentals but I think Mousasi is just better than Whittaker at striking and has more punching power. I also think he's more well rounded and the better grappler.

This is MMA where style match ups matter a lot and I think the style match up favors Mousasi.

Moose has a better all around mma game but, he also has a jekyl/hide mentality when comes to fighting so you never know which Moose will show up to fight, a lot like the old "motivated BJ Penn" shit whereas if he showed up he would win. If "motivated Moose" would show up in a fight with Whitacker he would win easy IMO.

I never said the fight would be easy, but yes IMO Mousasi would win. He's outstruck everyone he's ever fought other than 3 unorthodox strikers and Jacare in a small octagon while Jacare was at his peak(and he's 1-1 with him).

Whittaker is not unorthodox and he doesn't have Jacare's takedowns, ground game or punching power. IMO they are similar strikers in that they stick to the fundamentals but I think Mousasi is just better than Whittaker at striking and has more punching power. I also think he's more well rounded and the better grappler.

This is MMA where style match ups matter a lot and I think the style match up favors Mousasi.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that Bobby has a better ground game. Mousasi is an ok striker in my view. Hes not at the top, but hes not bad.

I just view things from my perspective, as I used to strike at a very high level myself. If I had to fight a guy back then with Mousasis style, I wouldn't be worried at all. Hes slow, lacks power, has shaky defense and doesn't really have crazy weapons. I wouldn't be worried at all.

Bobby on the other hand would worry me a lot. His speed, power and diverse kicking game would be a real problem.

Just my view, but Bobby is on another level than mousasi

Weidman is his best win and last time I checked The Chris wasn't all that appreciated on here.

well come back to the UFC and prove it!

i think he will also btw :)

He has the potential, but he often shits the bed. He couldn't get past Machida. He couldn't get past Jacare the second time around. He has the potential, but I don't see it happening even if they did fight.

You think just because hes not unorthodox that he wouldn't struggle with Bobby? K...

Just because he fought in k1 doesn't make him higher level. Just watch them fight its plainly obvious that Bobby is better on the feet.

You think those jabs are going to work on Bobby? Hes too fast, too good, too diverse. Moose would get hurt trying to strike with Bobby.
Lol- WHAT IN THE FUCKING WORLD ARE YOU GOING ABOUT ?
This place never amazes me - the sherdog phenomenon. Bobby is not better than Mousasi on the feet and it has little to do with k1. I'm not saying Gegard would walk through Whitaker, either. Styles make fights and I like mousasis chances here. Vegas would open this line as tight as can be . Were talking pk'em or a slight favorite. Mousasi could lose. If I had to make wager, I'd bet mousasi though.
Just a completely reasonable opinion.The way people talk around here are crazy.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that Bobby has a better ground game. Mousasi is an ok striker in my view. Hes not at the top, but hes not bad.

I just view things from my perspective, as I used to strike at a very high level myself. If I had to fight a guy back then with Mousasis style, I wouldn't be worried at all. Hes slow, lacks power, has shaky defense and doesn't really have crazy weapons. I wouldn't be worried at all.

Bobby on the other hand would worry me a lot. His speed, power and diverse kicking game would be a real problem.

Just my view, but Bobby is on another level than mousasi

You just keep talking about levels like this is a video game and not real life. Mousasi has better boxing than Whittaker and he has more punching power in his hands, he's also more well rounded. Whittaker has better TDD and kicks. IMO those things don't help a lot against a superior kickboxer but they did help a lot against someone like Romero. Styles make fights, it's not about levels, it's about who's better in what areas and how they match up with their opponent.

Whittaker matches up well with Romero, IMO he does not match up well with Mousasi and Mousasi doesn't match up well with Romero.

Lol- WHAT IN THE FUCKING WORLD ARE YOU GOING ABOUT ?
This place never amazes me - the sherdog phenomenon. Bobby is not better than Mousasi on the feet and it has little to do with k1. I'm not saying Gegard would walk through Whitaker, either. Styles make fights and I like mousasis chances here. Vegas would open this line as tight as can be . Were talking pk'em or a slight favorite. Mousasi could lose. If I had to make wager, I'd bet mousasi though.
Just a completely reasonable opinion.The way people talk around here are crazy.

Some people just know striking better than others. You'll get there one day.

Some people just know striking better than others. You'll get there one day.
Lol- ok there guy. [ I just got a phone call from a guy who has fought at open weight with a 40-45 pound dis advantage and has won each one. His name is Gegard Mousasi and hes shaking in his boots at the idea of fighting Robert fucking Whitaker- lmao)

Nobiasjustmma huh? More like moose balls down your throat.

I'm not a Mousasi fan, you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Which is why you keep talking about levels like MMA is a video game. Mousasi has better hands than Whittaker and he hits harder and has a lot more experience against higher level strikers. Whittaker has better kicks and TDD but that doesn't really help much against a guy like Mousasi cause he will probably want to keep it standing and Whittaker almost never goes for takedowns.

It's not about "levels" it's about style match ups, watch MMA long enough and don't be a fanboy(nuthugger) of anyone and you'll get it.

Lol- ok there guy. [ I just got a phone call from a guy who has fought at open weight with a 40-45 pound dis advantage and has won each one. His name is Gegard Mousasi and hes shaking in his boots at the idea of fighting Robert fucking Whitaker- lmao)

Ok but the problem with ppl like you and noballsjustmma is that you don't know what you're looking at. You can look at accomplishments, fight history etc but you can't recognize skill and talent or the different levels, because you just don't know much about striking.

He didn't look so sharp against Shlemenko.

Agreed, he would probably TKO him.

Pretty easy to say "Hey Robert's a great fighter doing great things I'm just here in Bellator focusing on my next opponent" (some nobody who does BJJ, apparently)
Well unlike you Mousasi is not a pussy so he actually says what he believes instead of bullshiting just so he doesn't offend some UFC fanboys.

Back