Mousasi is 10-1 in his last 11..

Mousasi has literaly a GOAT MW record. And He also has lot of titles and accomplishments, Netherlands national Boxing champ, Cage Warriors Middleweight Championship, DREAM MW champ, DREAM LHW Champ, Strikeforce LHW Champ, 3 UFC performance of the night, and 2 times Bellator MW Champ.

People who still said he is overrated is delusional or just butthurt UFC shills.
And according to some sources he's got pepsi bottle in his pants. Shaub has got dreamy eyes whenever Mousasi is mentioned.

Number 2 MW all time.
Top 20 LHW all time.
Good wins at HW.
Pupil Fedor.
Fought in Pride, Strikeforce, Dream, K1, Boxing ama, Bellator and the ufc.

Top 10 GOAT

Its a weird thing, but i doubt Lima fought at +200lbs like a MW would, Mousasi used to fight at LHW, he is bigger than a muscled WW.
Anthony Johnson used to fight at WW.
Lima and Mousasi are the same size.
Mousasi won, get over it.

And according to some sources he's got pepsi bottle in his pants. Shaub has got dreamy eyes whenever Mousasi is mentioned.
"pepsi bottle in his pants"

Now i know what you mean #justalurker
<BC1>

He made Lima look pretty average.
did you see the way rory just layed down? i mean everyone and their brother knew rory was fucked, but watching that fight i felt bad for him.

I thought LIma did fine. He was just fighting a bigger guy who was able to take him down and control him at times. If they were the same division Lima probably stuffs those takedowns. He also didn't throw as many punches/kicks out of concern for the takedown. I'm not a fan of guys fighting in the wrong division. This fight and the Holloway fight are two good examples.

There wasnt even 10lbs weight difference between them

Lima has been outwresled at WW before, and not exactly the best wrestlers in the division, despite Lika being one of the biggest weightcutters at 170.

They guy lacks of wrestling skills, do not pretend its a matter of size in this case

great career, but his ufc run is overrated

his best ufc win is a shop worn weidman who had already been concussed back to back by rockhold and romero. not really a big win

he lost his big fights when he was given a shot to go to the belt. machida and jacare were the best guys he fought and he lost to both of them.

He also beat Jacare.
The Machida fight was after a long layoff and serious knee surgery. It was a close fight. And it was prime-ish Machida too. Machida in no way kicked his ass.

Moose sometimes fights to the level of his competition.

I'm really surprised anyone thought lima stood a chance though..

Agree. That’s what’s (possibly) prevented him from getting serious GOAT consideration. Personally I don’t think he loses to King Mo if his life is on the line in that fight. Lovato fight is another possible example of that.

It’s a shame he didn’t get more big fights while he was in the UFC. Rockhold, Romero, Whittaker would’ve all been great.

Mousasi fans are an odd bunch.

There wasnt even 10lbs weight difference between them

Lima has been outwresled at WW before, and not exactly the best wrestlers in the division, despite Lika being one of the biggest weightcutters at 170.

They guy lacks of wrestling skills, do not pretend its a matter of size in this case
I think this was only a matter of size. Lima hasn't recently had problems with wrestlers. Mousasi was stronger in the clinch. He was bigger, stronger. Lima should be fighting at 170. He's strong enough to fight that off at 170, not 185.

I think this was only a matter of size. Lima hasn't recently had problems with wrestlers.

How many wrestlers he has faced recently in the first place, for you to say so and be so confident about his wrestling prowess?

Lima didnt face any elite WW wrestler since Askren absolutely outclassed him, and still Rory was getting double underhooks on him in his very last fight, not to mention Rory actually outwrestled him in their first fight. Being backed up against the face and giving up double underhooks as Lima does is a matter of skill rather than size/strenght

Rory had about the same weight dissadvantage vs Lima than Lima had vs Gegard, mind you. And there are way better, bigger wrestlers at 170 than Rory.

you dont make any sense. i never said any of that shit lol

jacare won like 7-8 fights in a row, more then mousasi ever in the ufc. he has a win over moose himself. romero has proven himself in the ufc, more then mousasi did. romero beat weidman before gegard did. hes also beat jacare (who moose lost to) rockhold, brunson, machida (who mousasi lost to as well in ufc). some people think he won the whittaker rematch, and even the costa and israel fights.

gegard went out on a streak but nothing that impressive. again, CTE weidman is his best ufc win. weidman ended being KO'd multiple times after that as well. mousasi had rockhold and romeros leftovers in that regard

Not picking on you because a lot of people are saying it, but who exactly gets credit for a Weidman win at this point? Nobody but Rockhold??

I think it’s gone too far. Weidman was a beast. Manhandled and beat up Machida and Belfort (Machida gets props for hanging in there and landing near the end). His fight with apex Rockhold was a fun battle. He won the first round against Romero. He beat Kelvin near his best.

The end of the Mousasi fight was unfortunate. Mousasi was turning the tide after a lazy first round, but Weidman could have continued if he thought he had to. I think Mousasi was likely going to win, but it sucks for both that it ended that way (it was obviously Weidman’s choice so it was poetic justice in a way).

To me, Mousasi is somewhat like Overeem. He has been a top ten fighter forever. He has as impressive a list of wins as almost anyone. But he’s had a habit of taking losses here and there in fights that it seems like he should have won or at least performed better. Part of that is the numbers game, but part of it the attitude of the fighter, which is a double edged sword.

Number 2 MW all time.
Top 20 LHW all time.
Good wins at HW.
Pupil Fedor.
Fought in Pride, Strikeforce, Dream, K1, Boxing ama, Bellator and the ufc.

Top 10 GOAT

That’s a bit much for me, but I do think he’s a legend. He’s certainly in the conversation for the best middleweight ever after Anderson. I don’t think you can decisively say that he was better than, say, Romero, Whittaker, Jacare, Henderson, Franklin, Weidman, Rockhold, Adesanya. But he deserves to be a part of that group and I’m sure I would personally rank him ahead of several of them.

Lima looked bigger than Mousasi
When I saw shoulder blade to shoulder blade - I was stunned. I knew ( and told everyone, thered only be a few pounds difference) there wouldnt be a size advantage BUT I NEVER thought Lima would be the one a few pounds bigger.

People don't understand- Mousasi offset just about every strength of the elite and enormous Lima via cage IQ...... and it's been awhile since a saw a rather soft looking Mousasi mske the walk. I'm sure theres a reason why ....and we'll probably never know.

Glad to see Mousasi take that belt, fought a smart and technical fight against an explosive and in his prime champ calibre fighter in Lima.

Back