Mousasi is 10-1 in his last 11..

great career, but his ufc run is overrated

his best ufc win is a shop worn weidman who had already been concussed back to back by rockhold and romero. not really a big win

he lost his big fights when he was given a shot to go to the belt. machida and jacare were the best guys he fought and he lost to both of them.

Mousasi was convinced Machida was roiding for that one.
https://www.lowkickmma.com/mousasi-lyoto-machida-was-100-percent-on-steroids/
ufc_2824124b.jpg

Machida just four months earlier...
lyoto-machida-kicks-mark-munoz-in-their-middleweight-bout-during-the-picture-id185961207

Now Coker is going to have him move up to LHW.

People who hate Mousasi are still butthurt over things his fans said 11 years ago <Lmaoo>

How many wrestlers he has faced recently in the first place, for you to say so and be so confident about his wrestling prowess?

Lima didnt face any elite WW wrestler since Askren absolutely outclassed him, and still Rory was getting double underhooks on him in his very last fight, not to mention Rory actually outwrestled him in their first fight. Being backed up against the face and giving up double underhooks as Lima does is a matter of skill rather than size/strenght

Rory had about the same weight dissadvantage vs Lima than Lima had vs Gegard, mind you. And there are way better, bigger wrestlers at 170 than Rory.
I'm not confident about his wrestling prowess. He has a better chance to stop the takedown against smaller guys, it's common sense. Look at Rory when he tried to take on Mousasi. Benson, when he tried to take on Koreshkov. Holloway, when he tried to take on Dustin (it even matters in striking sometimes). All guys fighting in the wrong division. Could Lima get taken down and controlled by a stud wrestler in the WW division? It's possible. It's not smart for him to fight bigger guys that can take him down easier. It's not news he has a hole in his game.

Funny how so many people didn't know he was fighting thus week, bellator suck so much man..
War moose he is one of the p4p and mw goat imo

If only he could have won the big fights in the UFC so he could get to a title shot.

and how many of those fighters you listed are past it?

I was at the Weidman/Mousasi fight live. It was HILARIOUS how fucking furious the crowd was made by that decision.

I was a Weidman fan going into that fight but the way he handled things and based of the reaction of the people around me, I started cheering for Moose.

Still a Weidman fan but that shit was ridiculous.

Lima was fighting a bigger, stronger guy. This fight is a great example why smart fighters don't move up (GSP, Khabib). I know about Bisping but he sucks. GSP wanted no part of Anderson Silva.

Have you actually seen both of them in the cage on fight night?
Lima didn't look smaller at all.

With wins over Thales Leites, Thiago Santos, Vitor Belfort, Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, Alexander Shlemenko, Rafael Carvalho, Rory MacDonald, Lyoto Machida, Douglas Lima..

giphy.gif

Leites: journeyman
Thiago: depleted at MW
Victor: past prime
Uriah : .500 fighter
Shlemenko: would have been a fair doctor stoppage in favor of shlemenko, who isn’t even successful in the b leagues
Carvahlo: decent
Rory: welterweight
Lima: welterweight
Lyoto; the ghost of machida and got beat in the first fight

With wins over Thales Leites, Thiago Santos, Vitor Belfort, Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, Alexander Shlemenko, Rafael Carvalho, Rory MacDonald, Lyoto Machida, Douglas Lima..

giphy.gif

A pity we didn't see Moose recieve a title shot or even a number one contender fight after making Weidman quit..

so it the ufc fault he picked to leave ?

giphy.gif

A pity we didn't see Moose recieve a title shot or even a number one contender fight after making Weidman quit..
I keep hearing how overrated he is which is an absolute joke. actually gets shit for leaving the UFC when he had the courage to do what all these other guys squawk about and leave the UFC and get paid closer to what he is worth. guys a legend no matter what any goofs think

so it the ufc fault he picked to leave ?
yes absolutely. you cant on one hand bitch about fighter pay and 17 percent when he actually left due tom unfair pay. that's a double standard. He should get even more accolades for standing up to Dana and the UFC machine...legend.

He was on the right track for a big fight in the UFC after destroying Weidman, but I can't blame him for taking a better deal. Too bad he's looking past his prime these days. Most of those wins aren't that impressive.

Back