Mousasi is 10-1 in his last 11..

I will always be in the Moose's corner.
iu

Moose is great, but let's not overrate that run. He beat WW's Rory and Lima (still solid wins). He lost to inexperienced Rafael Lovato Jr and IMO should've lost the decision to way over the hill Machida in his last fight. He looks a bit past his prime to me, but still winning fights so good for him. It's a shame he's doing it in Bellator and not still testing himself on the highest stage.

Way to discredit everything the guy’s done like it was easy at the time lol. And both those guys he beat too. If you wanna hate on someone, you’ll always find a reason to.
he beat jacare in like 2007 when jacare had like 2 pro fights lol. not the same as when both are established and in the ufc, and jacare beat him. moose started his ufc run going 4-3 or something like that. he was given big name, top tier guys and lost each time.

he then went on a streak beating weidman, vitor, urijah hall, leites, santos and few others. the santos win has aged well, but aside from santos and weidman, who else is really impressive? you tell me

by listing vitor belfort, thales leites and the like it looks impressive. but the context of when these fights happened matters.

With wins over Thales Leites, Thiago Santos, Vitor Belfort, Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, Alexander Shlemenko, Rafael Carvalho, Rory MacDonald, Lyoto Machida, Douglas Lima..

giphy.gif

A pity we didn't see Moose recieve a title shot or even a number one contender fight after making Weidman quit..
Fight vs Lima was pathetic

he beat jacare in like 2007 when jacare had like 2 pro fights lol. not the same as when both are established and in the ufc, and jacare beat him. moose started his ufc run going 4-3 or something like that. he was given big name, top tier guys and lost each time.

he then went on a streak beating weidman, vitor, urijah hall, leites, santos and few others. the santos win has aged well, but aside from santos and weidman, who else is really impressive? you tell me

by listing vitor belfort, thales leites and the like it looks impressive. but the context of when these fights happened matters.
Dude I’m not gonna nitpick his career. Moose is an all time great. How the hell else can you go 47-7 over the course of 17 years in multiple different promotions and weight classes? He also has combat accomplishments outside of mma. You’re just far too concerned about nitpicking how good was Chris Weidman was when he faced him lol. Look at the big picture. The numbers are there too when you look at his resume. And are you telling me he couldn’t beat Michael Bisping to win the MW belt? It’s all politics man don’t get caught up on the UFC run.

A soft and likely injured Gegard Mousasi entered the m- sun tonight - and on ridiculous fight IQ alone- dominated an enormous, incredible in shape - ed pound for pounder Douglas Lima. Gegard s 4th title defense ( Lovato shouldve never NEVER left thst London arena with Gegards belt. Mousasi put a beating on the 205 sized Jr while not fighting the smartest fight. Karma continues to work in different ways) .
Douglas would be 170 champ in UFC. I'll keep on saying it. Israel aside( and an in shape mousasi while hes still 35 vs izz would be fucking sick), Mousasi and Lima beats ANYONE on UFC s 170-185 roster.

Re watch fight - Lima( in the mid-later rounds) popped Gegard with some hooks that would put most normal human fighters on queer street. Mousasi still has that pound for pound titanium chin. Its ridiculous to watch.

WAR DREAMCATCHER
48-7 over 18 years ...and another champ on his resume.

A soft and likely injured Gegard Mousasi entered the m- sun tonight - and on ridiculous fight IQ alone- dominated an enormous, incredible in shape - ed pound for pounder Douglas Lima. Gegard s 4th title defense ( Lovato shouldve never NEVER left thst London arena with Gegards belt. Mousasi put a beating on the 205 sized Jr while not fighting the smartest fight. Karma continues to work in different ways) .
Douglas would be 170 champ in UFC. I'll keep on saying it. Israel aside( and an in shape mousasi while hes still 35 vs izz would be fucking sick), Mousasi and Lima beat ANYONE on UFC s 170-185 roster.

Re watch fight - Lima( in the mid-later rounds) popped Gegard with some hooks that would put most normal human fighters on queer street. Mousasi still has that pound for pound titanium chin. Its ridiculous to watch.

WAR DREAMCATCHER
48-7 over 18 years ...and another champ on his resume.

Ya. Lima looked bigger the him

It was a boring fight, Lima should have threw hands earlier and attacked the leg more. Moose couldn't get anything going on the ground apart from stalling. Made me appreciate Khabib more and I love Moose too.

Dude I’m not gonna nitpick his career. Moose is an all time great. How the hell else can you go 47-7 over the course of 17 years in multiple different promotions and weight classes? He also has combat accomplishments outside of mma. You’re just far too concerned about nitpicking how good was Chris Weidman was when he faced him lol. Look at the big picture. The numbers are there too when you look at his resume. And are you telling me he couldn’t beat Michael Bisping to win the MW belt? It’s all politics man don’t get caught up on the UFC run.
he could beat bisping - but romero? jacare? whittaker? im not sure. he may lose all 3 of those fights. jacare already beat him in ufc

that weidman fight was pretty sloppy until the weird stoppage. praising that as some amazing achievement just isnt reality. if hes such a GOAT at 185, his best win in the UFC should be something greater than that. weidman has been knocked dead like 5 outta his last 6 fights lol

now if he had a win over someone like romero or whittaker, my opinion changes. but its not accurate to say he was the uncrowned champ or some shit when he dipped for bellator. whittaker,jacare, and romero had better cases for a title shot

Moose is great. But to be clear he lost both his number 1 contender bouts in the UFC then left the company on his best win streak.

Man am I wild for thinking he might beat Izzy

He got beat by Shlemenko and only got the decision because Bellator is a popularity contest just like the U Fight Cheap.

Back