Mother of Ahed Tamimi: Unexpected support for daughter partially the result of form of racism

There are so many examples I could give, though to be fair Hezbollah isn’t Palestinian, butnim not gonna dropnexampea all day. You get teh point
What point? That you were wrong? That your statement was ludicrous? That none of the links that you posted supported your contention?

But, forget all that, be honest for once. Why do you support the concept of God given land to a chosen race?

She looks about as Aryan as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

I thought I got the point, but you kind of complicated it. At first, you said that one "side" wanted all jews dead. By "side" I assumed you meant Palestine and not the broader Muslim world (that supports Palestine) because there are Jews living across the Muslim world.

But then you said Hamas. I was okay with Hamas representing Palestine, but then you never actually showed anything with Hamas calling for the death of all jews.

Then you brought up Hezbollah, which is not only non-Palestinian, but is also from a country that a significant chunk of the Muslim world wants destroyed, lol.

So I'm kinda left wondering who you were ever talking. Which "side" wants jews dead? You don't have to answer, I just wanted to state where I've ended up on this convo.

Hamas and the plo are both against Jews. The plo is just less bad. Jews are not all over eh Muslim world. THats silly. They are all in Israel or America for the most part. You’ve got less Jews in the Muslim world than there are chihuahuas in New York probably.

What point? That you were wrong? That your statement was ludicrous? That none of the links that you posted supported your contention?

But, forget all that, be honest for once. Why do you support the concept of God given land to a chosen race?
You just want jews dead. Your 184873829 other threads on it prove it. We all get it. We got it a long time ago

You just want jews dead. Your 184873829 other threads on it prove it. We all get it. We got it a long time ago
That does not answer the question, it runs from it.

Why do you support the concept of God given land for a chosen race?

Moreover, why are you scared to answer?

That does not answer the question, it runs from it.

Why do you support the concept of God given land for a chosen race?

Moreover, why are you scared to answer?
Why do you assume I believe in god at all
Because Palestinians are present d by assholes and when polled the people tend to be assholes but you can’t faceup to that or it would show you have to be an asshole to support them and when that realization hits you will have to switch to some variation of not all Palestinians as if that matters and so on?

Hamas and the plo are both against Jews. The plo is just less bad. Jews are not all over eh Muslim world. THats silly. They are all in Israel or America for the most part. You’ve got less Jews in the Muslim world than there are chihuahuas in New York probably.

Is Hamas and the PLO have both called for all jews to be killed, then why are you posting articles about Hezbollah, especially when you say that jews don't live in the Muslim world (Hezbollah is Iranian; Iran has one of the largest jewish communities in the Muslim world).

I just feel like you keep shifting the conversation. Palestine then Hamas then Hezbollah then Hamas and the PLO. My only contention was that you said the Palestinian "side" has called for the death of jews around the world.

She said that an Israeli journalist said that he/she felt more compassion for the child because the child looked like him/her. You know, journalists who decide to spread the story all over the world. The people who control the narrative. In response, you accused her of attacking white people and westerners, and called her a racist and xenophobe. I'm not sure how you felt you had a leg to stand on there.

What she said is her opinion, she gave her reasons for believing it to be true, and it honestly seems pretty obvious that there is truth to it. I know it's fashionable on the internet to accuse less fortunate people of being the real racists when they point out the shit they go through and all that, but what this woman said and her reason for saying it is so sensible and tame that anybody attacking her just comes across as a try hard.
Your confirmation bias is astounding. You don't have an iota of evidence to substantiate it, or contextualize it, and yet you believe it to be true. There isn't a hint of skepticism. Did you happen to inspect if other fair Palestinian children got global coverage, and "worldwide solidarity?" They were probably abused like the rest.

No, she doesn't get to hide behind the journalist's opinion. She said, "it's probably Ahmed's looks that prompted this worldwide solidarity, and that's racist by the way," and then in response to the Op-Ed, "So perhaps the world showed more solidarity because she looks like their children." That isn't a reference to people who don't look like Ahed. She has accepted this opinion and now advances it. I don't care that she hedges; she is doing the same thing Serena did, and begging the question...but also offering an answer. She seats this in Israeli journalism, which is a separate culture, and then expands this to worldwide journalism, but with that parallel maintained; those journalists whose children look like Ahed. This a reference to white/fair-skinned journalists. Furthermore, her implication that they only cover Palestine's plight more favorably due to this suggests that they don't cover it favorably when this child's complexion isn't like Ahed's (as with Israeli publications like Haaretz).

She's accusing whites belonging to cultures aligned with Israel and/or callous to Palestine of being callous because they're racist. That's racist. I don't care where it comes from. No more free passes. Slurring people as racist or bigots is itself a pejorative, so if you cast that allegation at a race, based merely on presumption, then you are the racist.

She's appropriating that western liberal rhetoric, that swill, and look at you! You're lapping it up. You can't help yourself.

She's accusing whites belonging to cultures aligned with Israel and/or callous to Palestine of being callous because they're racist. That's racist. I don't care where it comes from. No more free passes.
I see what you are saying, but "No more free passes?"

You are the one on here supporting an openly racist regime described as worse than what happened on South Africa. This Jewish source explained it years ago: https://www.haaretz.com/1.5286425

And that was before they legalized their racist, apartheid under Israeli law.

Another Jewish source recently published this interview with Ahed:
https://mondoweiss.net/2018/08/occupation-zionism-explains/

Excerpts:
You have made a distinction, Ahed, between Jews and Zionism. Can you explain the difference?

AHED TAMIMI: [translated] There is a huge difference between Judaism and Zionism. Judaism is a religion. You know, it’s just like Islam. It’s just like Christianity. But Zionism, that’s the occupation. That’s the killing. That’s what closes checkpoints. That’s what detains innocent people. That’s all Zionism that’s causing this conflict with Palestinians.

-----
During the time that you were in prison during this last eight months, there was a major uprising in Gaza, the nonviolent Great March of Return that started March 30th. The Israeli military killed—at this point, I believe it’s more than 140 Palestinians, injuring something like 13,000, 14,000 people there. Can you talk about what your knowledge of what’s happening in Gaza is and what it meant to you in jail and to Palestinians on the West Bank?

AHED TAMIMI: [translated] The Great Return marches were launched from the time of the Nakba and continue until today. And the reality is that the people of Gaza are still continuing these marches. We hope that everyone, even here in the West Bank, and those outside, be part of the return marches, just like the ones in Gaza. It’s not just Gaza that has refugees, but there are Palestinian refugees everywhere, and they should return to their land, to their country.

-----
[AHED TAMIMI]: There are over 350 children in prison, and three children who are under administrative detention. The conditions children endure in prison are very difficult. Prison isn’t for anyone. And the prison administration puts a lot of pressure on them, so it’s very difficult. I hope for the release of all prisoners, and especially children, as soon as possible.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: Now, Ahed, following criticism, widespread criticism, Israel instituted a separate military court for minors, for children, in 2009. What, if anything, has changed since then?

AHED TAMIMI: [translated] Nothing’s changed. There are children who are in Israeli detention for over 10 years, children sentenced to 13 years, children sentenced to 14 years. The court just changed its name to a children’s court. The judge is still a Zionist judge. The court is still a Zionist court. It’s still a racist court. So nothing has really changed....

On the slap:
My goal wasn’t to hit him. I didn’t intend to hit him. He had shot my cousin in the head, and my cousin was going to die because of the injury. The soldier at the front of my house was shooting at children and young men in the street. I’m not the one that went to him. He’s the one that was at the front of my door.

Back