Most surprising career comebacks

Jamie Varner.

I'd say Robbie Lawler. He was struggling vs mid level MW opposition like 2-3 years ago and looked like his best days were behind him. Then he drops to 170 and suddenly he's arguably the best WW in the world today. Totally unexpected for me.

Anthony Johnson, in that I never expected him to make it back to the UFC.

Robbie Lawler for me. Became a fan when he was fed to Manhoef, got his ass kicked and then knocked Melvin out. Since then hes finished Kos and Burger, beat Rory and loss a close fight to Hendricks. Dude has been so active and bad ass. He will KO Brown next

Fedor

After losing to Werdum, BF, and Hendo, he came back to whoop on Monson, Ishii, and Pedro Rizzo.

That's not really a comeback. Especially seeing as he quit, he wasn't facing contenders anymore.

Bj Penn coming back at 145 is the most surprising piece of mma news I've ever read but since we haven't seen do anything at that weight yet you gotta go with captain america who made a career on making comebacks hell I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again tbh
But Lawler is a good one
Brown a good mention but hasn't beaten anyone yet
It sucks that one of their fairy tales is gonna end when they fight

Lawler now is very interesting.....and vitor

Dan Handerson

In 2008 he had back to back losses to Quentin Jackson and Anderson Silva, and at age 37 many thought this would be the final exit to a long successful career. That is until he reeled off 7 out of 8 wins against top opponents in Fedor Emilanenko,Rich Franklin,Michael Bisping, and Mauricio Rua. He also won the Strikeforce Light Heavyweight title during this run.

Don't teally count him as having a 'comeback', Wedum was always a top HW and relevant to the division as a whole, he just had an unfortunate career hiccup after losing to JDS and getting screwed by the UFC.

Belfort and Brown are the top for mine, and I think Lawler is up there too. Hopefully BJ Penn is a shocking comeback in the making!

Also I'll throw out Rumble, can't believe he won fights as a HW and is now a ranked LHW and back in the UFC. I do think maybe a few people are getting a bit carried away with him, but beating Davis was a big win.

L.L. Cool J. But don't call it a comeback. He's been here for years

Anderson Silva fighting Weidman for a third time and winning his title back would the biggest career comeback in all of combat sports history.

Don't teally count him as having a 'comeback', Wedum was always a top HW and relevant to the division as a whole, he just had an unfortunate career hiccup after losing to JDS and getting screwed by the UFC.

Belfort and Brown are the top for mine, and I think Lawler is up there too. Hopefully BJ Penn is a shocking comeback in the making!

I hear you. I include Werdum because of his recently acquired striking skills.

Back