Most surprising career comebacks

Kinda hard for me to believe that Lawler went from running face-first into Diaz's right hook, to a legitimate top 3 welterweight.

frank mir, he came back from nearly losing his leg and 2 years off.

Lawler and Brown. Would say Vitor if he wasn't jacked up on TRT.

Hands down. The first Liddell fight was supposed to get Liddell over and put Randy into retirement. That sparked a major career comeback which was extremely unexpected, in which he won the LHW title at age 40. Then he was "retired" by Chuck. He came back to fight Tim Sylvia, a weight class up from the one he retired in, against an opponent who was much bigger and heavily favored. The fight was derided as ridiculous due to Randy's age (43), and Tim's size and dominance. Having defeated Arlovski, this was supposed to be Sylvia's time to have a long run as champ. Randy blew everyone's minds by dominating that fight, and coming out of retirement to win the HW title.

Randy Couture had not one, but two, completely unexpected and awe-inspiring title runs, either of which would have been an impressive career comeback. If you were watching the sport at the time, you couldn't help but be impressed. You wanna talk career comebacks, you talk about Randy Couture.

Boom. Mod dropping knowledge.

I'd say ^this and also Shogun's UFC comeback after the knee injuries plus Mir's run to the interim after the accident. Oh and Coleman's PRIDE run.

Chael going from a career journeyman to solidifying himself as the #2 MW in the world and having legendary fights with Anderson Silva.

Nick Diaz when he beats Anderson Silva, Hendricks, moves up and beats weidman, then moves up once again and KOs Jones with a body shot

I would love to see Diaz vs Silva. How do you see that fight going down?

He was terrible in the second fight. He was a joke in that fight.

I dunno, he won the first round pretty convincingly. The end was a little embarrassing, but to call it a joke when he wins the first round like that isn't really right.

Nick Diaz when he beats Anderson Silva, Hendricks, moves up and beats weidman, then moves up once again and KOs Jones with a body shot

He could also move 2 weights up and outstrike Cain!

Back