most skilled gracie...(except rickson)

iclimb513 said:
I thought Roger is a Gracie by Marriage and not by blood? However that works, I thought only women could marry into a family name...
I remember reading that his last name isn't Gracie and that his fathers name is something else. Same with Gregor, except his mom and dad I think aren't Gracie's. I feel kinda for the dads though. The fact they don't fight for their dad's last names like the Machado's do.

yea but the machados are inlaws of the gracies. The machados have no gracie blood in them while Roger and Daniel have gracie mothers.

Roger's mother's last name is Gracie...so he has Gracie blood. A name is a name, but blood relation is more important technically if you want to say that you've got "Gracie genes."
The Machados also have Gracie blood...their dad was Carlos Sr.

crosley and ralph...Ralph should have fought a couple more times after the gomi loss.
Crosley has got good standup.

For Jiu-jitsu Roger and Royler... For MMA? I don't know, it's been awhile since I cared for a gracie in MMA.

Ohg and for the guy that hadn't heard of Roger... 2004 Mundial Champion in his weight class, and 2nd in absolute (he broke the winners arm in an armbar in that match and lost on points). 2005 2nd place mudial absolute (lost again to Jacare, but again I understand it is a bit contiversial). 2005 ADCC champion in his weight class, and absolute, defeating Jacare in absolute finals by submission RNC. I believe he won his weight class in the 2003 ADCC too, but can't remember off hand. Oh, and in the 2005 ADCC he subbed everyone.

Royler is without a doubt the most technical Gracie. Royce/Renzo are the better MMA fighters.

Creek Warrior said:
No, their mom's sister was married to Carlos Sr.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
According to BJJ.org, Carlos Sr. is listed as the father of the Machado boys. Their mother was the sister of one of Carlos Sr.'s wives.
So, either Carlos Sr. taught them all BJJ and they happen to be listed in the Gracie family tree just because their mom's sister was married to Carlos Sr. (and thus have no Gracie blood), OR...
Carlos Sr. was ALSO banging the Machado's mom on the side (i.e. he was banging his wife AND his wife's sister!)...yeah baby!!!

Anybody have the facts?

Kyra Gracie and as I have said in recent posts, shes my girl!!!!!! And before you ask who her dad is, I forgot his name, but she also takes the Gracie name, her mom is Flavia Gracie, who is Renzo's sister, whis means Renzo is her uncle, she teaches an all woman's class in NYC in Renzo's gym...so there..She is the most talented Gracie. Shes hot, and a champion...blah

royler is one of the greatest sport bjj and no gi grapplers of all time. next rickson, he is easily the most skilled. rickson however is leagues above everyones.

Royler is the most technical period. Roger is the best competetor, though in his day Royler was the best behind Rickson.

Everyone, including Rickson, agrees the Rolls WAS the best in everything.

royce, and just wonering why did you exclude rickson? (clear fav or clear fake)?

royler or roger - between the two of thm they lock down the whole spectrum from physical to technical

Royce is the best.This discussion is so over.[and not in pro wrestling terms]BTW

Back