Most skilled fight in MW history?

Dillashaw vs. Cruz. And it's not even close. Maybe Cruz vs. Demetrious?

Was Evan Tanner vs David Terrell the first Middleweight Championship fight in UFC history? I am really having a hard time remembering before Rich won it.

Was Evan Tanner vs David Terrell the first Middleweight Championship fight in UFC history? I am really having a hard time remembering before Rich won it.
Dave Menne defeats Gil Castillo in 2001. Bustamante beats Menne and takes the belt in 2002. Bustamante defends the belt against Matt Lindland in 2002 submitting him twice because the first time the referee didn't see him and Matt pretended it didn't happen. One of the first fights I've ever saw!!!

After that, Bustamante vacates the belt and moves to Japan to fight in the much more prestigious and competitive Pride FC. The belt remains vacant for 3 years until Tanner wins it in that fight

Anderson plowed this guy's mom and forgot to call her back, and from the tone of the OP, he was hiding in the closet while it happened.

it was supposed to be anderson vs vitor. i was waiting for that fight to happen for like 5 years lol

then we finally get it and anderson just kicked him in the face. i wanted 5 rounds of those guys striking and going back and forth

Reactions: mkt
The answer should always be Baroni and Menne

Anderson vs. Franklin 1 and 2. Franklin was a good and skilled fighter for the era, but Anderson was levels better. Anyone saying Romero is out to lunch. He's super athletic, but his striking is basically nothing but periodic bursts of superman punches or flying knees.

LMFAO at Comer vs Stipe
Fedor vs nog
Fedor vs cro cop
Brock vs Cain
Stipe vs Werdum
JD's vs Cain
Brock vs Shane C
Would be my picks

Genuine LOL @ saying MW was weaker in Anderson's reign than right now. Current MW is the shallowest division I have EVER seen in mma history. Volkan getting a shot at 205 was more credible than the trash hanging around the current MW top 10.
Middleweight is top heavy though the best 7 fighters are good but it has no strong prospects.

Middleweight is top heavy though the best 7 fighters are good but it has no strong prospects.
I respectfully disagree. The rankings fall off a cliff right after Whittaker. Cannonier has done absolutely nothing to be a top 3 ranked fighter and he wouldn't sniff the top 10 in a real era nor would the rest of the bottom feeders. Even HW is dramatically better than MW in modern day

Izzy/Whittaker 2 has my vote. It's a top 10 p4p matchup in UFC history imo. If prime Andy had fought prime Rockhold, that'd be it, but he didn't.

Silva vs MW division.

Anderson Silva is the most skilled fighter we've ever seen. More than any 2 MWs combined, ever.

Cry it up, girls.

Silva Vs Hendo for sure

Romero vs Whittaker is up there too.

So was Romero vs Jacare

Back