Most regarded BJJ practitioner to get subbed in MMA?

Anderson Silva, vs Travis *Micheal Jordan of BJJ* Lutter :) Gassed or not, i would never quessed to see that happening

this ^^
You can say he was gassed or what, but he wouldn't be gassed if he didn't have to work during the fight.

Never would of had seen it ending via submission, especially Travis on top

No, im a simple man when it comes to the definition of KO's and submissions. I don't give a shit what Wikipedia says either, no tap, no submission. some people are that crazy that they "would rather have their arm broken than submit" ...to quote a Gracie. Renzo is proud that he didn't submit to a broken arm...didn't submit

Oh its a submission. Gracies also call human chess, and being put in a submission hold in which your only defense is watching your limb get broken is considered Checkmate.

He may not utter the words I quit or tapped out physically...but let Saku hold on to that sub and stop the fight, he would of be saying no mas.

going with BJJer that are ADCC champs:

Kazushi Sakuraba on Royler Gracie
Gesias Cavalcante on Rani Yahya
Kazushi Sakuraba on Renzo Gracie
Alexey Oleinik on Jeff Monson
Frank Mir on Roberto Traven

The most merited BJJ practitioner to be subbed HAS to be Royler. Technical sub, set up with strikes, and with a size disadvantage, sure. All of those. But that seems like the only right answer to the question as stated. 4x mundials, 3x ADCC.

Sakuraba over Conan is probably the most impressive one, though.

Context?, submission means to submit. this can be done across various things, sexually, financially. Its not a terminology that needs changing. its pretty clear cut as it is

Would you stop this nonsense if TS changed the topic to "Most regarded BJJ practitioner to lose via submission in MMA?" because that's what's up.

Big Nog went to the ground with Frank Mir, had a brief bjj battle and Mir snapped that arm.

Context?, submission means to submit. this can be done across various things, sexually, financially. Its not a terminology that needs changing. its pretty clear cut as it is

OK, he just LOST then.

No, im a simple man when it comes to the definition of KO's and submissions. I don't give a shit what Wikipedia says either, no tap, no submission. some people are that crazy that they "would rather have their arm broken than submit" ...to quote a Gracie. Renzo is proud that he didn't submit to a broken arm...didn't submit

Your fanboyism makes you blind and ignorant and it makes you look stupid.
Gracies can have all the pride they want for not tapping but they got beat in their own game, no excuses. And he lost by a submission hold anyway, so no more excuses. Even Matt Hughes looked like better BJJ practioner than Royce when they fought.

The ref helped mir, made nog stop hittn him, gave him a brief second to recoup THEN mir caught him.

Roberto Traven got easily submitted by a white belt.

Roberto Traven got easily submitted by a white belt.

True, and Traven was a world champ BJJ practitioner and Abu Dhabi medalist.

I saw a lot of talk about Almeida on here.
He did take a lot of time off and didn't look very sharp in his last few fights in the UFC.
Most of you remember that he was damn close to getting caught in Kendall Grove's armbar and he barely got out of that one.
Against Hughes, he got floored by a punch and was completely rocked when Hughes applied that guillotine-arm triangle thing; now called The Farmaconda. I'm a little surprised that everyone is calling that a strength move; you have leverage and are on top of the guy when doing it and it's fairly easy to pull off, but it's just not a common position and most guys would apply the d'Arce and then rotate around in the same situation (as KZ did to Poirier).
Is this whole 'strength choke' thing a comment Joe Rogan made that everyone has to repeat?

I don't understand why so many people give Hughes credit for subbing Almeida. Hughes practically KO'd him before the choke. It's not like he went in and outgrappled him to secure the sub.

Petis was a blue belt when he subbed bendo who had just received his black.

that's a technical submission
not tapping =/= not being subbed

Back