Most regarded BJJ practitioner to get subbed in MMA?

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Always wondered?
Yahya got guillotined by JZ years back any others?

Gracie clan to Sakuraba
Nogueria to Mir
Almeida to Matt Hughes

Mir subbing Big nog... unfortunatly

Hmmmm

Did Ronda armbar some BJJ champ? in her early fights

Mir subbed some high level BB in early days?

Mir over Nog probs

if i remember right in tuf Brazil there was probs some mundial or Brazil national black belt champ who get choked in RNC

the most regarded must be when sakuraba sub gracie

but in UFC singapore, a guy with 5 sub, submit Leandro issa BJJ world champ.
which really surprising to me

Not sure whats going on in this thread, but sakuraba did not submit ANY of the gracies

Hmmmm

Did Ronda armbar some BJJ champ? in her early fights

Mir subbed some high level BB in early days?

Mir over Nog probs

if i remember right in tuf Brazil there was probs some mundial or Brazil national black belt champ who get choked in RNC

Ronda subbed Ediane Gomes who is a BB in BJJ but she's not very good.

Gracie clan to Sakuraba
Nogueria to Mir
Almeida to Matt Hughes

Remember when Almeida was the hottest prospect in MMA, then took 4 years off and was never really the same? Yeah me too.

Good topic...Conan Silveira by Saku, Almeida by Hughes, Nog by Mir, Oliveira by Miller

Anderson Silva, vs Travis *Micheal Jordan of BJJ* Lutter :) Gassed or not, i would never quessed to see that happening

This is batshit "I Train under the gracies" logic.

They refused to tap so he broke it. That is a submission.

No, im a simple man when it comes to the definition of KO's and submissions. I don't give a shit what Wikipedia says either, no tap, no submission. some people are that crazy that they "would rather have their arm broken than submit" ...to quote a Gracie. Renzo is proud that he didn't submit to a broken arm...didn't submit

Hughes vs Almeida was fucking epic. Just some major farm boy retard strength choke that probably not all that many people are capable off..and considering how late it came in his career a lot of people were writing him off. I wish he had retired after that.

No, im a simple man when it comes to the definition of KO's and submissions. I don't give a shit what Wikipedia says either, no tap, no submission. some people are that crazy that they "would rather have their arm broken than submit" ...to quote a Gracie. Renzo is proud that he didn't submit to a broken arm...didn't submit

He can be as proud as he likes, but he lost the fight because of a submission attempt.

Whether he tapped or not is irrelevent in the context of the question bar semantics

Obviously it didn't count because he let go of it, but Matt Hughes could have easily snapped Royce's arm if he wanted to.

Ricardo Almeida getting subbed by Hughes felt pretty big to me at the time. However, I guess you can say Hughes had world class grappling under him; he did train wrestling for over 2 decades...

Recent one that comes to mind is Leandro Issa from Team Evolve.... was

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Leandro-Issa-19521

Lost to some guy called Doane by sub

He can be as proud as he likes, but he lost the fight because of a submission attempt.

Whether he tapped or not is irrelevent in the context of the question bar semantics

Context?, submission means to submit. this can be done across various things, sexually, financially. Its not a terminology that needs changing. its pretty clear cut as it is

Kevin Burns submitting Roan Carneiro was crazy
as was Mackens Sermeizer getting the drop on Wageny Fabiano, in the first round for fucks sake

Jorge Gurgel got subbed by Cole Miller when Miller was a purple belt.

Back