• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most 'painful' loss for you?

Love Cerrone, seeing him get beat on by Diaz and Cerrone showing nothing was just sad. I have to admit Cerrone had the double finger coming when you start bs with a Diaz.

Has to be Leben putting Wand out in less than a minute.

And Shogun vs Jones.

Jacare x Rockhold. I really thought that was a draw and I told to everyone he would take this guy down and sub him in the first lol

When your favorite fighter enters the octagon, you never think about him losing, and after some minutes his hand isn't raised.
That sucks, we know, but for you guys, what's the most painful loss of your fav fighter?

For me, it's still very alive in my mind, Condit x Hendricks :(

Carwin vs Lesnar :(

Not UFC but Fedor vs Werdum. Without that lost everything could be different. Today as well.

images

edgar vs bendo 2. bendo clearly beat edgar the first time but i really thought frankie had it the second time around

Sakuraba's loss to Tamura.
=> Saku is my all time favorite, and during all his carreer his fans wanted him to fight his rival Tamura (who used to bully him in their pro-wreslting days). But Tamura wanted nothing of it.
And finally, when Saku was completly shot, a much healthier Tamura (who didn't fight as much, took less damage and generally fought against lesser competition) accepted the fight, and won a boring decision.
Man, was I bummed... I so wanted it to be Sak's last fight, that would have made a great retirement win to end a great career. :icon_sad:

Mir/Nog2
=> The first fight was a real bummer, but since Big Nog was sick during it we fans had much hope for a rematch. Weird thing is, before that fight I liked Mir, I remember him as a humble guy who said several times during the TUF season that it was a honor to fight Nogueira, win or lose blabla... and when he beat him he started talking trash, and I actually rooted (for the first, and only time of my life) for Brock during their 2nd fight.

Anyway, when the rematch happened, Nog immediatly rocked Mir, started to pummel him on the ground, we started screaming in joy, and when it seemed that he had the fight in the pocket...
he stopped his gnp to go for a sub (why? we will never know, the common belief is that he wanted to submit Mir to prove a point), got caught, arm broken, and my heart with it :icon_sad:

CroCop/Gonzaga
=> I think enough people explained it.. for us who followed Mirko' K1 career, then his Pride run, we just wanted him to go trough that "Gonzo dude" and fight Randy Couture, and become the UFC champ.
Got brutally KTFO with a high-kick (which made it even sadder), fell with his leg under him (that's probably the only thing in MMA that makes my cringe every time I see it.. that leg... :( ) and he was never the same after that.

There are many others, but I think it's my top 3.

Machida losses= pure depression

Rampage loss- anger
Shogun loss= sad
Jones loss= Only watched it twice and will never watch it again.

When Saku got headbutted by Nino Schembri and then Renzo ran around the ring giving everyone the finger.

And both Mir/Nog fights.

When Saku got headbutted by Nino Schembri and then Renzo ran around the ring giving everyone the finger.

I don't even count this one as a "real" loss. I believe the headbutt was accidental, but it still totally cost Saku the fight. If it happened today, the fight would have been turned into a NC. Was happy with the rematch at least. :redface:

Same think with Wandy/Mezger.
I'm a Wand fan, but before the (accidental again) headbutt, the fight was even, then boom head to chin, Mezger is rocked, Silva finish him.

The Arona/Rampage one is fishy as well, I love Rampage and strongly dislike Arona, but the headbutt caused by the slam was obvious. I believe Arona would have lost anyway without the headbutt, with a slam like that, he would have been rocked enough for Rampage to finish him with GnP, but still, if you want to be fair, you have to mention it.

Also, I'd like to add the first Wandy/Franklin fight. I was at the fight live (in Germany), and for me (and apparently everybody else in the stadium considering the gigantic gooing) Wandy won this. And it was a time when Wand really needed a good UFC win... I left the stadium disappointed (The CroCop/Al-Turk fight ending quickly because of an eye-poke, and a bad decision in the Wand/Ace fight.

Chael vs Silva 2. The first round regot my hopes up and the spinning backfist leaves me wondering "what if".

Machida vs Shogun I

Machida technically won, but he wasn't invincible anymore. He was public enemy number one and Sherdog was a hostile place full of runningman comments and pee jokes. By the time the rematch came around Lyoto had basically already lost.

when sakuraba just kept getting kneed by ricardo arona... that was a tough one for me.

I saw it coming but i hated seeing rua lose his ufc belt, he was always one of my favorites in pride.

and i know id hate to see anderson lose.... :p (again)

Not really that painful for me, but I was telling anyone who'd listen that Mir would sub Carwin easily when they fought, just got that slightly wrong lol!

mousasi vs. king mo was awful

mo had talked so much shit leading up to the fight too, and i had to watch him blanket for 20 of 25 minutes :(

fedor vs. werdum was pretty surreal, i had the worst feeling during the walkouts, and leading to the fight, werdum was being dubbed such a big underdog with nothing to lose, i felt like fedor really had lost already seeing how he had nothing to win

Wanderlei getting wrecked by Leben in 27 seconds. I was so excited for that fight and it just went horribly wrong.

Back