• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most 'painful' loss for you?

braziliangus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
When your favorite fighter enters the octagon, you never think about him losing, and after some minutes his hand isn't raised.
That sucks, we know, but for you guys, what's the most painful loss of your fav fighter?

For me, it's still very alive in my mind, Condit x Hendricks :(

I'll never get over Mirko getting killed in the cage that night.

Lately, Overeem. I wanted to leave the bar right there. And should have.

JDS against Cain 2. Didn't come on Sherdog for months. The only thing that finally made me feel better is when Reem got KO'd.

Mir/Nog II. He fuckin' had it, bro... He fuckin' had it...

Liddell Franklin

He really did have that look in his eye again.

Shogun vs Jones puck!!!! what domination

Worst part is they show this f'ing fight all the time on Fuel :mad:

Last edited:
Condit/Hendricks. Condit got up every single time he was taken down, but I knew Hendricks was guaranteed the fight because of them.

Mir - Nogueira II
Dos Santos - Velasquez II

Edit:

Also Barnett - Cormier
Wand - Hendo II

JDS/Cain II. It was my birthday so I didn't watch the fight live, so it was a little disheartening reading about the result. Before that, SIlva/Sonnen II. I was a fan of both guys going in and I wouldn't mind seeing either guy win, but the way Sonnen lost especially since I was the only one out of my friends who wasn't fiercely rooting against him, was pretty bad.

BJ Penn to Rory, JDS to Cain & Machida to Shogun are up there for me.

Sonnen / Silva II left the absolute worst taste in my mouth. I walked out of my friends house before they even raised Silva's hand. Had a hard time sleeping that night.

Wasn't even rooting for Sonnen. Just felt robbed of a great fight.

Shogun vs Gus

I always felt that if Shogun could get a run going in terms of health, fitness and consistency, he could perform like his Pride self again. In losing deservedly to a comparative mediocrity like Gustafsson, I sadly saw that Rua is physically done now. He's still a serviceable lhw of course, but the guy who thrashed Rampage, Arona, Overeem, etc, is gone. Rua was very special in 2005. The Machida fights were the last times he looked like himself. Now he is flat-footed, sluggish, toothless. Makes me sad, as it's the last of the Pride lions declining. He was the young gun, now he loses to guys like Gus - the overhyped and undertalented Zuffa class of 2013.

Back