Most Overrated "Great" Movies

The Exorcist is way overrated. I actually prefer The Exorcist 3. Oh, and the Tubular Bells theme doesn't fit the movie at all, and I like Mike Oldfield.

I was about 10 when The Exorcist came out. I couldn't go see it but I can vividly remember that my friend's older sister was close enough to age to sneak into the R-rated movie. She said that people had fainted at the theater. The film made enough of a stir to be as memorable as Alice Cooper playing locally the previous Fall. What can you say, a couple years later people thought the shark in Jaws looked realistic. I think of The Exorcist in the same reign as The Omen I & II and Rosemary's Baby; horror movies without excessive gore.

I don't know if anyone claimed 300 was great. It is a very faithful adaption of the Frank Miller graphic novel. I think it is very good at what it is and it knows what it is. A bromantic fight movie.

This sort of gets back to what I thought about Spielberg. 300 is a better movie in a lot of ways , not because it has a better story, than many of Spielberg's recent movies just because it can elicit feelings in the audience. Most of what Spielberg puts out now is flat and without feeling. I don't care that 300 is stupid. It is, almost without question but it elicits the audience to feel.
Exactly. Its a dumb entertaining movie

lol no joke anything is possible, but I might have to watch those movies again to reconfirm.
I think you should watch them for the first time. It might help.

I've only watched those movies once, so yeah maybe I should watch it again.
It doesnt make sense. Ran and the great escape are not casual movie experiences. You just shit on them w no explanation,edgelord style.

The Jewish girl getting revenge was the driving force behind the plot. Without her, there's no reason for Waltz's character to even be in the film.

I was talking more about killing Hitler anfd Goebbels, etc.

Nah. Both movies are praised for their atmosphere, visual effects, world and questioning what is human.

Basically, movies the typical mouthbreather who gets excited for Star Wars or the next Marvel movie hates because they have the attention span of a child and don't understand words real good.

Not only that. It's a goddamn remake of an already fantastic movie. Hacks, everyone involved with that film.

Lol at Django being an SJW propaganda film. It must be exhausting constantly being offended by anything not white.

Or maybe you're an elitist hipster who was actually entertained by that shitbomb of a movie. I could get some Nyquil to fight my insomnia or I could watch 2049 again.

The Exorcist is way overrated. I actually prefer The Exorcist 3. Oh, and the Tubular Bells theme doesn't fit the movie at all, and I like Mike Oldfield.
I was about 10 when The Exorcist came out. I couldn't go see it but I can vividly remember that my friend's older sister was close enough to age to sneak into the R-rated movie. She said that people had fainted at the theater. The film made enough of a stir to be as memorable as Alice Cooper playing locally the previous Fall. What can you say, a couple years later people thought the shark in Jaws looked realistic. I think of The Exorcist in the same reign as The Omen I & II and Rosemary's Baby; horror movies without excessive gore.

The Exorcist and The Exorcist III were both good movies yet the original was better. My main qualm with part III was how it lost steam at the conclusion. I would have been satisfied with more creative dialogue and less visuals in that final act.

boondock saints.
fucking cheezy ass bullshit.
only good part of that movie was willam dafoe

I don't think that I ever saw The Exorcist III. The Exorcist II was the one with Richard Burton? I remember that I saw that but no details. The movie was panned so heavily that I doubt that I could have objectively watched it without being persuaded that it sucked. I own a copy of the Exorcist I; maybe I'll look for III.

Most Oscar-worthy movies are overrated in my opinion. Or maybe I just can't comprehend the deep artistic meaning, maybe it's just me.

I recently watched Shindlers list for the first time.

I have no complaints exactly about the movie and I'm sure it deserves all the credit it be received.

But it really didn't grip me for some reason.

boondock saints.
fucking cheezy ass bullshit.
only good part of that movie was willam dafoe

Yeah, I agree. I enjoyed Dafoe's unhinged detective bit, especially the whole "It was a fire fight!" scene. But outside of that, I really didn't think it was a very good movie at all.

My answer will always be Gladiator. Troy was better.

I don't know if Troy was better, but it certainly deserves a bit more mention when people bring up Braveheart and Gladiator type films. It was quite good.

Braveheart was better than Gladiator too. Hell toss in Kirk Douglas/Kubrick's Spartacus at that. I did like Joaquin Phoenix as Caesar though.

Back