Most overrated fighters of all time

ronda's actually pretty good as far her judo/jitz. her heart is overrated. she always tries to look tough but has no heart and is sore loser.

I'm going to say Tony. I've always thought the second he runs into a smart boxer like Nate or Dustin he's screwed.

I've never like those fighters that absorb an ass whooping then turn the fight around when their opponent gets tired. I want balls to the wall from the beginning in my MMA fights.

Nice excuse you got here pussy.It's simple.If Khamzat wins you won't log on to this site ever and if Magny wins same applies to me.You don't need to be banned by mods.But if you are too much of a pussy to take an account bet i'm ok with AV bet as well.Anything to shut your dumbass up.

Excuse?
I am just respecting the rules here, dumbass.
There is 10% chance of lucky punch in every fight, so i agree to an AV bet for a month.
My boy Magny is too crafty and skilled for that bully, he'll take him to school.
BTW, i had bets on Leon, but Khamzat pulled out.

If you win - i put a Khamzat pic on my AV (of your choosing)
If i win - you put a pic of him getting punched/kicked,subbed (of my choosing)
Pic should not include slander, bad language, etc.

Do we have a deal, nuthugger?

Excuse?
I am just respecting the rules here, dumbass.
There is 10% chance of lucky punch in every fight, so i agree to an AV bet for a month.
My boy Magny is too crafty and skilled for that bully, he'll take him to school.
BTW, i had bets on Leon, but Khamzat pulled out.

If you win - i put a Khamzat pic on my AV (of your choosing)
If i win - you put a pic of him getting punched/kicked,subbed (of my choosing)
Pic should not include slander, bad language, etc.

Do we have a deal, nuthugger?
Understood.You are a coward.But im ok with AV bet as well.Deal

Sage Northcutt is high on the list. Had no background except mediocre high school wrestling (relative to proper wrestlers) and nonsense karate (I'm not dismissing all karate, but his karate) which never once been shown to be relevant to actual fighting. The black Swedish judoka with the cigar, too, as is tradition.

As an aside, his hyper evangelical dad who was tied up in drug rings half his life but raged through his life to raise him would make for a great analytical article. That family has to be a trip. Just a fascinating look into the American suburban psyche.

- Ronda Rousey
- Nick Diaz
- Conor McGregor
- Demetrious Johnson
- Chris Weidman
- Jon Jones *** PED
- TJ Dillashaw *** PED

Overrated fighters have been propped up by substandard competition and/or flashy victories that are later proven to have a high component of luck or have been the beneficiary of defeating aged opponents.

Who else am I missing?
Mike Perry. This should be the end of the thread.

Shertards made their sherdog accounts after him.

Pat Miletich.

Bullshit split-decision "win" for the first UFC WW title and lost 3 times in other orgs during his UFC reign.
Lol Miletich was one of the original "most well rounded fighters of all time".

To say he was overrated just tarnishes your 2006 account status.

Most overrated fighters of all-time...

***Lists all former champions

If you ever lose then you were never any good. Take Usain Bolt for instance -- he only came in third in his last race (at the age of 30, losing to a guy who was 34). That proves he was never very fast and so he was totally overrated.

And Babe Ruth only hit .181 with 6 home runs in his last year in baseball, proving that he'd never been any good either. Wayne Gretzky only scored 9 goals in his last year in the NHL, proving that he'd been totally overrated too. And Muhammad Ali losing to Trevor Berbick in his last fight? No way that could happen to a great fighter. Its amazing how many guys who were supposed to be great got exposed when they got older.

Understood.You are a coward.But im ok with AV bet as well.Deal

Your primitive emotional manipulation attempt failed and that makes you mad, dumbass.

Nevertheless , we have a deal.

I'll drink your tears, when i win.

Your primitive emotional manipulation attempt failed and that makes you mad, dumbass.
You refused my bet because you are afraid to leave a karate forum.Don't know how it is me who is supposed to get mad.It is ok tho.Your AV is mine in August

he's not overrated. his wins in pride during that mma era was epic. he sustained too much damage from his fights and deteriorate horribly. back when mark coleman was an unstoppable tank, he submitted him , something in mma that wasn't seen as a possibility during that time. The way he moved later on in his career seemed like he aged quit a bit from his slow reflexes. that's from a result of the punishment and damage he took. take for example in comparison to nog's condition, someone like rodney king who got crippled by cops. he doesn't move well or speak well. during his early years he was very durable , quick and extremely strong for his build and size. he's the one who first used the anaconda choke effectively and paved the wave for similar chokes such as the darce to be practiced and uitlized in mma. frank mir's fucking overrated. so is randy couture.

If anything I would say the most underrated, record wise I think he's clearly the #2 HW ever and I think a good case for being top 10 at least P4P all time, could make a case for top 5 IMHO. That he stayed relevant at all when so badly declined is I think a credit to him.

Still you newbies high on Dana's farts know better I spose.

tenor.png

In what world is Mighty Mouse overrated?

Even if you hated him, you could watch his fight against Cruz and realize he's on another level. He was beating Dom at his own game and out struck him despite being severely undersized, this was peak Cruz btw, against a developing Demetrius Johnson.

Mighty Mouse is a legend and should be a UFC hall of famer.

*I did score Miguel Torres the winner of his fight with MM.

Back