Most dominant defending champ performance of 2018?

Mahkor

Drunkmaster Flex
Banned
Reaction score
So many amazing championship fights last year and so many fantastic performances by the defending champions, which one do you guys thing was the most dominant and impressive?

Stipe vs Francis: Francis was able to hit Stipe with some good punches but the champ completely shut his game down, something that not even Curtis Blaydes (who is more known for his wrestling than Stipe) was able to do, he didn't get the finish but was able to shut that hype train just when it was taking off.

DC vs Volkan: Volkan was literately touching his opponents and they were falling down, not DC though, the champ beat Volkan in every aspect of the game and got the stoppage by round 2.

Amanda vs Raquel: not the highest quality of opponent but the champ put on a fantastic performance and had Raquel wishing to quit the fight before the last round.

T.J vs Cody: Killashaw finished neck tats even faster than the first time, we will have to wait and see if Cody still has his soul or if he is joining Barao as a former champ turned gatekeeper by the snake bite.

Tyron vs Till: complete domination by the champ, dropped the "best striker in the division" and put on a beating so bad that it became an internet story thanks to Snoop Doggy Dog.

Khabib vs Conor: I shit on octagon.

DC vs Lewis: DC does what DC does, took the big puncher down, grinded him until he gave out his neck in the second round.

Max vs Ortega: After a year off the octagon due to different health issues, we saw an amazing performance by the champ, re-arranged Ortega's face and shut off all the doubters.

Personally I'm gonna have to go with Tyron, Ortega has a much better resume than Till and Max put on an amazing performance, but Tyron fought the near perfect fight (not perfect because he broke his hand on Till's head) and Till had absolutely nothing for him, at least Ortega tagged Max a couple of times.

If you consider the level of the contender, I'd say it's Khabib. Completely dominant performance vs one of the best.

I liked Tyron's and Max's performances too, but no way were Till and Ortega as legit as Conor.

Tyron vs Till.
Ortega vs Max.

Most people knew, myself included what we were getting into with Khabib and Conor.

I'm going with Holloway/Ortega mostly because of all the questions about Max going into it. He answered all of them and delivered one of the best performances of his career (if not the best).

Khabib not only dominated on the ground, but also on the feet at McGregor's own game.

Max over Ortega. 6/7 of the other defenses were over people I don't even think deserved title shots IMO

If you consider the level of the contender, I'd say it's Khabib. Completely dominant performance vs one of the best.

I liked Tyron's and Max's performances too, but no way were Till and Ortega as legit as Conor.

Ortega was the betting favorite going into the fight with Max and a lot of people were calling Ortega to win. How was it not as legit?

Anyone who doesn’t pick T Wood is a racist hater.

The dude outstruck Till like 100/1 and made him QUIT.

Embrace the WW GOAT racists!

102_Tyron_Woodley_x_Darren_Till.0.jpg

I'm going with Holloway/Ortega mostly because of all the questions about Max going into it. He answered all of them and delivered one of the best performances of his career (if not the best).

I would say this was overall a super dominant performance with the exception of Ortega tagging Max with some hard shots in the 2nd or 3rd round that looked like it rocked Max for a bit.

Khabib vs Conor. Khabib was talking shit while beating the brakes off of Conor, was damn inpressive.

Gotta be Tyron, Till had absolutely nothing for him

Back